Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity!
(07-22-2019, 01:59 PM)jsd Wrote: codecademy.com or any of the free MOOC sites like edX or udacity, etc

thank so much you are the best.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Phew, summer terms is in the books!!!

Halfway through the class i was pretty ready to give up and just take a C and go home. I thought a B would be doable if I was lucky. 

I ended up with an A, amazingly. 

A project that I got a B on was regraded and they pushed the score up to a 99% -- plus gave some extra credit to everyone for the inconvenience for grading everyone's project wrong, which generously pushed me over 100% on the project. 98% on the third project, 100 on the final project and presentation, grabbed 10 more points on some extra credit work. I only got a C on the final exam, but I didn't need to do very well to ensure an A based on my projects grade, so I didn't study much so the exam result reflected that. 

Another cool thing, I was asked to be a TA in the fall for BOTH courses from my first term (not this CPS course, but the intro to infosec and info policies courses). I don't believe I'm allowed to TA for both courses, so I'm not sure which one I'll pick yet, but it will be pretty cool to have that on my resume (and to make some extra beer money during my next term).

I still stand by my earlier frustration of the CPS course, even after getting an A. it was a mess.

(06-25-2019, 04:42 PM)jsd Wrote: 80% on my midterm, haha... good enough for me.

I'm getting sick of trying to parse the TA's instructions and troubleshooting up their faulty VMs for 3 days before i can get to work on the actual projects within the VM. This has been the case with the last two projects. 

The disorganization of this course's projects has been very disappointing, and the TAs in the course all contradict each other.

The prof's lectures are very well produced, at least?

But I'm very excited to be done with another term and have 9 graduate credits (and a 4.0 so far) on the books. 

And I'm super excited about being a TA as well.

(omni transcript updated Smile )
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 4 users Like jsd's post:
  • alab21, allvia, Merlin, spdy
Thumbs Up 
(08-04-2019, 02:19 PM)jsd Wrote: Phew, summer terms is in the books!!!

Halfway through the class i was pretty ready to give up and just take a C and go home. I thought a B would be doable if I was lucky. 

A project that I got a B on was regraded and they pushed the score up to a 99%  -- plus gave some extra credit to everyone for the inconvenience for grading everyone's project wrong, which generously pushed me over 100% on the project. 98% on the third project, 100 on the final project and presentation, grabbed 10 more points on some extra credit work. I only got a C on the final exam, but I didn't need to do very well to ensure an A based on my projects grade, so I didn't study much so the exam result reflected that. 

Another cool thing, I was asked to be a TA in the fall for BOTH courses from my first term (not this CPS course, but the intro to infosec and info policies courses). I don't believe I'm allowed to TA for both courses, so I'm not sure which one I'll pick yet, but it will be pretty cool to have that on my resume (and to make some extra beer money during my next term).

I still stand by my earlier frustration of the CPS course, even after getting an A. it was a mess.

I'm getting sick of trying to parse the TA's instructions and troubleshooting up their faulty VMs for 3 days before i can get to work on the actual projects within the VM. This has been the case with the last two projects. 

The disorganization of this course's projects has been very disappointing, and the TAs in the course all contradict each other.

But I'm very excited to be done with another term and have 9 graduate credits (and a 4.0 so far) on the books. 

Good job with persevering and getting through the course with an A! But now there's even more pressure to maintain that 4.0!

Congrats on the TA opportunity too, sounds exciting and I'm sure you'd do a good job at it! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nixi's post:
  • jsd
thank you! Smile

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Congrats on the TA offer! That's fantastic.  Cool
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tesu-acct-student's post:
  • jsd
Congrats and great job. TA CPS so that you can be my TA this fall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gqbao01's post:
  • jsd
Haha, no thanks. That class is a disaster. Not to scare you off! It's doable, it's just frustrating.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • gqbao01
Decided on TAing for just IS Policies, and signed all my paperwork today Smile

Fall 2019 classes start Monday

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • Merlin, MrBossmanJr, Nixi
(08-16-2019, 04:27 PM)jsd Wrote: Decided on TAing for just IS Policies, and signed all my paperwork today Smile

Fall 2019 classes start Monday

That is awesome! Congrats!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • jsd
(08-04-2019, 02:19 PM)jsd Wrote: Phew, summer terms is in the books!!!

A project that I got a B on was regraded and they pushed the score up to a 99%  -- plus gave some extra credit to everyone for the inconvenience for grading everyone's project wrong, which generously pushed me over 100% on the project. 98% on the third project, 100 on the final project and presentation, grabbed 10 more points on some extra credit work. I only got a C on the final exam, but I didn't need to do very well to ensure an A based on my projects grade, so I didn't study much so the exam result reflected that. 

Are you a TA remote? Or in campus
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,358 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,713 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,271 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,633 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  WGU Master Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Imbanewbie 17 3,396 05-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Master of Public Administration and MBA, University of North Georgia JPN 6 946 03-15-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,176 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,257 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,803 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TECH Universidad Technologica Popestt 30 7,811 01-24-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Eliablive