Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE)
(03-14-2019, 01:08 PM)DeanLewis Wrote: My course was evaluated by TESU yesterday as BUS-210: QUANTITATIVE SKILLS FOR BUSINESS (3 credits) and listed as a Gen-Ed elective. That said, they have moved some things around rather bizarrely in my evaluation, and I'm going to follow up, as the course description for BUS-210 in the current catalog very clearly states that "This course is also designed to measure a student's competency in quantitative reasoning/literacy, one of the institutional learning outcomes."

Hi Dean, Clark from CSMlearn here. When I last communicated with TESU, they said that BUS-210 could count for one of five things: 
1.       Quantitative Literacy requirement (gen ed)
2.       Natural Sciences requirement (gen ed)
3.       Any requirement for Statistics
4.       Intellectual or Practice Skills requirement (gen ed)
5.       Any gen ed elective.
So, it sounds like there is some misunderstanding somewhere along the line. I'd like to figure out if what we were told is correct or what your evaluator said was correct. Could you email me at clark at csmlearn.com with your name and any references number for your case, so I can run it past my contact at TESU? I can't guarantee anything, but hopefully we can get some clarity.
Thanks!
[-] The following 9 users Like CSMlearn's post:
  • alab21, davewill, DeanLewis, dfrecore, jeffreymb, Oulton1, ROYISAGIRL, shadowgem, tesu-acct-student
Just a quick note, TESU just followed up with my inquiry, and without and question moved my CSM Course (as BUS 210) from a gen ed elective to fulfilling my quantitative literacy requirement. Score!

And thank you, Clark for the invitation to follow up. I wanted to hear back from TESU first.
[-] The following 4 users Like DeanLewis's post:
  • alab21, CSMlearn, studiousimp, Tedium
(03-21-2019, 08:53 PM)DeanLewis Wrote: Just a quick note, TESU just followed up with my inquiry, and without and question moved my CSM Course (as BUS 210) from a gen ed elective to fulfilling my quantitative literacy requirement. Score!

And thank you, Clark for the invitation to follow up. I wanted to hear back from TESU first.

That is awesome news. Thanks for keeping me in the loop!
[-] The following 2 users Like CSMlearn's post:
  • alab21, Tedium
In case anyone is following this thread, wanted to let people know that CSMlearn currently has 9 articulation agreements with various colleges (APU, Bellevue, Brandman, Charter Oak, CSU-Global, SNHU, TESU, WGU, Wilmington). If anyone has submitted and ACE transcript to another college, we'd love to know how it was received. Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CSMlearn's post:
  • TwinMom
(05-15-2019, 12:50 PM)CSMlearn Wrote: In case anyone is following this thread, wanted to let people know that CSMlearn currently has 9 articulation agreements with various colleges (APU, Bellevue, Brandman, Charter Oak, CSU-Global, SNHU, TESU, WGU, Wilmington). If anyone has submitted and ACE transcript to another college, we'd love to know how it was received. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the info.  If I remember correctly it comes into COSC as a liberal arts free elective  Is that correct?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(05-15-2019, 03:22 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 12:50 PM)CSMlearn Wrote: In case anyone is following this thread, wanted to let people know that CSMlearn currently has 9 articulation agreements with various colleges (APU, Bellevue, Brandman, Charter Oak, CSU-Global, SNHU, TESU, WGU, Wilmington). If anyone has submitted and ACE transcript to another college, we'd love to know how it was received. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the info.  If I remember correctly it comes into COSC as a liberal arts free elective  Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct! At Charter Oak it articulates as 3 semester hours elective credit. The details of each agreement can be found at our website: https://www.csmlearn.com/product/ACEcredit
[-] The following 1 user Likes CSMlearn's post:
  • TwinMom
CSMlearn Wrote:Yes, that is correct! At Charter Oak it articulates as 3 semester hours elective credit. The details of each agreement can be found at our website: https://www.csmlearn.com/product/ACEcredit

Hmm, Excelsior is missing from this list. I would have thought that an articulation or agreement with them would be beneficial.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-15-2019, 06:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
CSMlearn Wrote:Yes, that is correct! At Charter Oak it articulates as 3 semester hours elective credit. The details of each agreement can be found at our website: https://www.csmlearn.com/product/ACEcredit

Hmm, Excelsior is missing from this list.  I would have thought that an articulation or agreement with them would be beneficial.

We would love to have an agreement with Excelsior, but we don't have a contact. They don't have a staff directory, and the generic email address they provide on their website for articulations has never responded to me, despite repeated attempts. If anyone here has the contact information of someone at Excelsior who reviews courses for possible articulation, we'd greatly appreciate it!

Have you reached out to Liberty University?  They are VERY friendly to ACE credit.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • CSMlearn
(05-16-2019, 09:56 AM)hsfamfun Wrote:

Have you reached out to Liberty University?  They are VERY friendly to ACE credit.

Funny enough, I got an email from them this morning! So, the ball is rolling there, but the process always takes a variable amount of time. I appreciate your enthusiasm and suggestions!
[-] The following 2 users Like CSMlearn's post:
  • hsfamfun, suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,195 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,767 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,648 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 870 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,191 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded