Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Term Free at Walden!
I've decided that I'm going to tackle the selected-response and short answer competencies first. My coach, however, did warn me that, if I have to switch to course-based, I can't transfer courses if all of the competencies haven't been completed. I'll risk it.

After that, I plan to work on the performance tasks. The work products require the most work, and the papers, generally, have to be single-spaced. I don't think I've ever had to write single-spaced papers. They're harder for instructors to read, and APA formatting calls for double-spaced papers. It makes no sense to require APA formatting, but ask students to break the rules of the style.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, jsd
(12-10-2018, 04:07 AM)sanantone Wrote: The work products require the most work, and the papers, generally, have to be single-spaced. I don't think I've ever had to write single-spaced papers. They're harder for instructors to read, and APA formatting calls for double-spaced papers. It makes no sense to require APA formatting, but ask students to break the rules of the style.

That's interesting! I specifically asked my advisor about this and was told double-spaced papers. Does it say single spaced in the instructions, or did someone tell you single-spaced?
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-10-2018, 04:07 AM)sanantone Wrote: I've decided that I'm going to tackle the selected-response and short answer competencies first. My coach, however, did warn me that, if I have to switch to course-based, I can't transfer courses if all of the competencies haven't been completed. I'll risk it.

After that, I plan to work on the performance tasks. The work products require the most work, and the papers, generally, have to be single-spaced. I don't think I've ever had to write single-spaced papers. They're harder for instructors to read, and APA formatting calls for double-spaced papers. It makes no sense to require APA formatting, but ask students to break the rules of the style.

That is very interesting. I have never seen a professor ask for APA style and ask for the paper to be done single-spaced. ?
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-10-2018, 08:38 AM)SweetSecret Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 04:07 AM)sanantone Wrote: The work products require the most work, and the papers, generally, have to be single-spaced. I don't think I've ever had to write single-spaced papers. They're harder for instructors to read, and APA formatting calls for double-spaced papers. It makes no sense to require APA formatting, but ask students to break the rules of the style.

That's interesting! I specifically asked my advisor about this and was told double-spaced papers. Does it say single spaced in the instructions, or did someone tell you single-spaced?

The instructions for most of the work products say single-spaced.

My coach told me to ask the SME. Considering that there could be a different SME for each course, I wonder if I have to ask each one.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-10-2018, 09:53 AM)sanantone Wrote:

My coach told me to ask the SME. Considering that there could be a different SME for each course, I wonder if I have to ask each one.

Sanantone, are you pursuing your masters and PhD?
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(12-10-2018, 12:59 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 09:53 AM)sanantone Wrote:

Sanantone, are you pursuing your masters and PhD?

Two master's and a PhD now. Yes, I know that's insane.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, jsd
(12-10-2018, 09:53 AM)sanantone Wrote: The instructions for most of the work products say single-spaced.

Let us know what you find out! I am still doing the foundations. The documents they gave us for statistics are ridiculously long. I think I may just take the exam & see how I do. I have already spent way too long on statistics.
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Looks like they have carried the first term free offer into Jan start date (my program: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...ency-based). Had I know that I would have waited, December has been tough with the holidays to be as productive as I hoped with schooling (although I am now starting to pick up speed) - not the programs fault, so far I have no complaints about Walden or the program.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I am the same way, allvia. I have finished one .25 credit competency and everything except the assessments in three other competencies. Of course, the Harvard courses I am taking will start in late Jan., so it would have gotten me on the back end anyway. Free is free, though. Smile

Also, I did check to see if my first competency was listed on my unofficial transcript and it is there, so it is all working as predicted so far.
(12-28-2018, 12:17 PM)allvia Wrote: Looks like they have carried the first term free offer into Jan start date (my program: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...ency-based).  Had I know that I would have waited, December has been tough with the holidays to be as productive as I hoped with schooling (although I am now starting to pick up speed) - not the programs fault, so far I have no complaints about Walden or the program.

I am not so sure about that. It's no longer listed on the Limited-time Savings page and the program page still says "start this program on December 3rd". Maybe someone just failed to update the page. If not though, I know a few more people who might be interested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,185 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 423 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,615 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  Any Online Free Master Degree? JesterRigid 15 5,462 09-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,206 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Low Cost / Free online Masters programs from Germany nyvrem 32 11,467 07-30-2023, 03:38 AM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,448 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 691 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,432 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM