Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Academic Plan
Good Morning Everyone, How are you all doing today.

I am looking for some insights on how to best complete my Requirements to get my degree in the fastest cheapest way possible. I would like to test out of many Subjects as Possible. I'm including my Evaluation from Excelsior below.

This is my plan so far,

BS IN 1 TERM

36 Lower Level Credit needed.

I want to test out out of everything possible , so below i have all the DSST and CLEP Courses I plan on taking.

1 Social Sciences and History
2 Natural Sciences
3 College Mathematics
4 Principles of Supervision
5 Drug and Alcohol Abuse
6 Criminal Justice
7 Fundamentals of Counseling
8 Here’s to your health
9. Information Systems and Computer App

18 Upper Level Credit needed.

-Now I wanted to take these courses to fulfill my upper level credit Requirements, However when i went into MAP the ones in Red are the only ones I was able to find and add to my Academic Plan. So I would need two other Exams to satisfy the requirements. But where i am really confuse is with the depth, from what I am reading online the depth ca be credits that were brought in, so i feel like i should met that requirement because my original degree from Rutgers University was in HR so i have a ton of Human Resources and Labor Study Courses that I feel should have fulfilled at least one of the depth requirements. Please tell me what you think and all suggestions are welcomes. 

1 World Population
2 Ethics Theory and Practice
3 Management Information Systems (DSST)
4 Organizational Behavior
5 Human Resource Management
6 Labor Relations

Attached Files
.pdf   Completed Courses.pdf (Size: 37.83 KB / Downloads: 6)
Just wondering, have you applied and enrolled at Excelsior College? Are you open to going for a BALS at TESU? My suggestion is to apply to TESU and get your credits evaluated. From a quick glance, you have your BALS Upper Level requirements complete for TESU. You can finish the degree cheap, easy, fast with the alternative ACE/NCCRS providers, or use CLEP/MS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • beautybella
From my experience testing out is the quickest way to get the credits you need fast. Now the time and money can be reasonable if you pass but if you have the extra funds I would use the Test Prep Petersons program. I still have it installed myself and my personal golden rule was if my pre-test is 70% then test out ASAP. I did 1 -2 tests per week in 2010 just from listening to iTunes University for free while I was driving.

I did experiment on straighterline, sophia, aleks, and others using them for only what I already knew and could complete in one day. I took all of my UL classes at my local university because I get bored unless I find it interesting.

I still do this today but much slower now.

Hope this helps.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(12-01-2018, 05:12 PM)vetvso Wrote: From my experience testing out is the quickest way to get the credits you need fast. Now the time and money can be reasonable if you pass but if you have the extra funds I would use the Test Prep Petersons program. I still have it installed myself and my personal golden rule was if my pre-test is 70% then test out ASAP. I did 1 -2 tests per week in 2010 just from listening to iTunes University for free while I was driving.

I did experiment on straighterline, sophia, aleks, and others using them for only what I already knew and could complete in one day. I took all of my UL classes at my local university because I get bored unless I find it interesting.

Hope this helps.

Itunes University, I've been looking for something like that, since I'm always working. Thank you everyone for your input, what i figured as correct, ill only need to to actually take the capstone and can test out of everything. So i'm using modern states to do as many free clep's as possible and will only have to UEXCEL EXAMS and then i'm home free.
(12-01-2018, 05:12 PM)vetvso Wrote: From my experience testing out is the quickest way to get the credits you need fast. Now the time and money can be reasonable if you pass but if you have the extra funds I would use the Test Prep Petersons program. I still have it installed myself and my personal golden rule was if my pre-test is 70% then test out ASAP. I did 1 -2 tests per week in 2010 just from listening to iTunes University for free while I was driving.

Hope this helps.

Quick question: how did you find the courses on the iTunes University app and get it to play the Audio? Did you search specifically for CLEP related courses?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 293 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 184 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 372 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  Need a plan to get an Associates fast and cheap smartiepants35 14 1,521 02-26-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: smartiepants35
  Help Please - UMPI Degree Plan Linz 7 629 02-19-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle