Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden U - MHA - Start date 12/3 Accountability and Experience
So after the initial issues with transcripts, etc.  I have received my conditional admission (need official transcripts - ordered yesterday). 

I've done the assessment that tells you how ready you are to do the program (technically, personally, etc.) and scored 98 to 100 out of 100 in all my areas.

I'm anxiously awaiting my email saying I have access and can start.  They thought it would be late today or early tomorrow.  So from hearing about it to getting admitted was all of about 48 hours including the transcript glitch issues.  They have also been very responsive by phone and email.

A shout-out to Sanantone for posting the deal about the first term being free.  My employer will pay most of the second term.  My goal is to do it in two terms.  I have about 35-40 years in healthcare, so I think I can.   My choice of the MHA over the MBA is really based on already having a good understanding of the MHA course work.

I'll be interested to see how those of us in this program and the other programs feel about Walden. Wink

Edit: Less than 2 hours later I have my email address and can get into Tempo.
Edit: I didn't have a green button I needed to select competencies for my term - emailed helpdesk and fixed within 3 minutes - wow!
Edit: 15 minutes later I was starting on my first competency.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 3 users Like GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia, Life Long Learning, SweetSecret
(12-04-2018, 02:01 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: So after the initial issues with transcripts, etc.  I have received my conditional admission (need official transcripts - ordered yesterday). 

I've done the assessment that tells you how ready you are to do the program (technically, personally, etc.) and scored 98 to 100 out of 100 in all my areas.

I'm anxiously awaiting my email saying I have access and can start.  They thought it would be late today or early tomorrow.  So from hearing about it to getting admitted was all of about 48 hours including the transcript glitch issues.  They have also been very responsive by phone and email.

A shout-out to Sanantone for posting the deal about the first term being free.  My employer will pay most of the second term.  My goal is to do it in two terms.  I have about 35-40 years in healthcare, so I think I can.   My choice of the MHA over the MBA is really based on already having a good understanding of the MHA course work.

I'll be interested to see how those of us in this program and the other programs feel about Walden. Wink

This is GREAT! I am glad you got everything ironed out! It definitely sounds like the MHA will benefit you more than an MBA based on your experiences! Good luck and I look forward to seeing updates as you progress through the program!

Expected 2019

Bachelors of Science - Biology
East Central University
Conferred 2015
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
I'm glad you got enrolled Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
I'm so glad it worked out for you Smile
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-04-2018, 02:58 PM)allvia Wrote: I'm so glad it worked out for you Smile

Thanks for your encouragement!
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia
I'm really excited.  I've actually enjoyed and learned something tonight while working on my first competency.   

I'm sure that they structure the first competency to be fairly easy while you are learning to work within the system and platform.

I'm playing around tonight with how to structure the learning and resources so they are always available.  I found i can download any of the resources (video, links to articles, etc.)   I'm putting them in different places so that I have the info available not matter where I am, or whether I have online access, etc.   For example our board room at work where we have a lot of meetings, does not have wifi available, so while I'm waiting for meetings to start, I'll be able to read on my ipad even without logging on.  I can also use text to speech to listen to articles in my car on my way to work.  The resources seem to be really easy to access and use.

At least for this first competency quite a few of the learning resources are video - since I'm an audio/visual learner it's wonderful.  In addition, with text to speech I'll be able to listen to articles, as I don't retain or learn as well from reading.

Just to test out the system, I took the first quiz cold without using any resources.  I got a 60%, 80% is passing.  What it did for me is that I understand how they structure the quizzes and what to focus on when studying.  

I've set aside 2 dedicated hours a day during the week to study in addition to whatever I can get in the car, waiting for meetings to start, etc.   I'll see what I can do on the weekends when I have more flexibility with my time.  I'm planning to complete my first competency by the end of the weekend.  I might be a little optimistic. Big Grin  We'll see  Cool
Denise

[-] The following 4 users Like GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia, davewill, posabsolute, ThatBankDude
I am so glad you were able to get in on the offer from Walden!

After all the discussion about double degrees at healthcare I half debated switching to the MHA, but there just isn't enough cross-over between it and the main part of the MBA. I think it's great that we'll have people taking up each of the masters degree offers though so the people who come after us will have feedback on all the options!

Yes, HUGE thanks to Sanantone for posting about this!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
I think it's so funny how for us in this forum, starting a class or program is like Christmas morning. We're such nerds. I tell people, "Some people run marathons, some people fly to Europe, I'm doing an MBA." Though I would like to fly to Europe as well...
[-] The following 4 users Like amilitab4k9's post:
  • allvia, GoodYellowDogs, jsd, Muldoon
(12-05-2018, 05:32 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote: I think it's so funny how for us in this forum, starting a class or program is like Christmas morning. We're such nerds. I tell people, "Some people run marathons, some people fly to Europe, I'm doing an MBA." Though I would like to fly to Europe as well...

YES!   It has felt like Christmas for two days now!    I think I'm especially excited because I really didn't want the MBA, but wanted a MHA.  I was being slightly pushed to do the MBA, but my heart wasn't in it.

Somebody today asked me how long I had been planning this and I told them since last Friday... hahahaha!   They were stunned that I would make a major life decision so fast Smile
Denise

[-] The following 3 users Like GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia, Ideas, mvk
(12-05-2018, 05:32 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote: I think it's so funny how for us in this forum, starting a class or program is like Christmas morning. We're such nerds. I tell people, "Some people run marathons, some people fly to Europe, I'm doing an MBA." Though I would like to fly to Europe as well...

I agree! I get excited when I start a new course! I am 4 courses away from finishing my MBA and I am already looking for another masters. ??‍♂️
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • Ideas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,191 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  Start UIUC iMSM in January or defer? MichaelDoesMarketing 7 568 11-22-2023, 11:28 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,448 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,726 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,432 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,142 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 938 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,145 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind