Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charter Oak Ethical Decision-Making
Has anyone used a philosophy course to satisfy the ethical decision-making requirement? Just curious. Thanks!

Ethical Decision-Making (3 credits)

Students will be able to use critical thinking skills to make ethical decisions. May be met by taking a course that has a significant ethics component, or by taking courses such as Ethics, Business Ethics, Health Care Ethics, or Computer Ethics.

Course description for the philosophy course I'm considering:
The course will take you through a study of philosophy within the seven major historical periods with primary consideration being given to outstanding thinkers and trends of thought such as rationalism, empiricism, idealism, realism, existentialism and naturalism. You will explore key issues such as skepticism, faith and reason, science and religion, free will and determinism, and the problem of evil.
It won't go through, you can ask them to verify. Generally, a Philosophy course without an Ethics portion wouldn't go through as an Ethics course - if the Philosophy course you are thinking of taking has a title with something like "PHI 101 - Beginners Ethics and Philosophy", you may chance at it if the content contains topics in regards to Ethics, be it Business, Computers, Health, whatever.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I agree with the previous post. You could try, but I don't think they would accept it.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
(12-15-2018, 05:05 PM)edbrain Wrote: Has anyone used a philosophy course to satisfy the ethical decision-making requirement? Just curious. Thanks!

Ethical Decision-Making (3 credits)

Students will be able to use critical thinking skills to make ethical decisions. May be met by taking a course that has a significant ethics component, or by taking courses such as Ethics, Business Ethics, Health Care Ethics, or Computer Ethics.

Course description for the philosophy course I'm considering:
The course will take you through a study of philosophy within the seven major historical periods with primary consideration being given to outstanding thinkers and trends of thought such as rationalism, empiricism, idealism, realism, existentialism and naturalism. You will explore key issues such as skepticism, faith and reason, science and religion, free will and determinism, and the problem of evil.

I have found colleges that allow ethics to count for philosophy, but in this case, I don't think philosophy will count for ethics because the intent is to apply the ethics (as opposed to studying philosophy) but you could certainly try. My sons both filled this requirement with Straighterline Business Ethics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charter Oak Requiring 80% Study.com Course Grades Jonathan Whatley 44 5,653 06-28-2022, 01:58 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Charter Oak - Statistics rachel83az 0 952 02-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Charter Oak Application Time Table nilahti2 3 1,597 09-21-2020, 09:16 AM
  Physics Concentration at Charter Oak State College sciencemathematics1 19 3,394 07-20-2020, 01:44 PM
Last Post: conflitz
  Charter Oak Grad Credit for Undergrad? Clepper43 3 1,291 07-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Does Charter Oak still accept ALEKS? Gooberman11 1 1,155 07-16-2020, 02:18 PM
  Charter Oak ends FEMA IS credits 6\1\2020 Glen1 18 3,933 07-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: shaas
  Charter Oaks CyberSecurity indigoshuffle 7 1,718 04-28-2020, 03:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Charter Oaks Computer Science Credits Shyjbh 1 1,122 04-24-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Business Statistics for Charter Oak? Clepper43 3 1,057 04-21-2020, 11:06 PM