Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit
Operations Management

What is interesting to me is the "Quantitative" in the "Quantitative Managerial Decision Making." Sometimes, classes with quantitative in the title are considered math classes. An upper level math class would be excellent.
Just checked their list of courses on the ACE credit registry, and it is quite impressive. One can find several UL courses. And I was surprised to see one course that is eligible for graduate level learning. May be there are some more such courses! But I guess all of it is accessible only for military personnel. I looked up on their website, and to log in, one requires a military ID etc.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I applied and wrote that I am a teacher and I want to learn to help my students, some of whom have parents in the armed services. That was enough for me to get a password.
[-] The following 2 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • kvolivera, Life_One
(03-11-2019, 09:34 AM)eriehiker Wrote: Operations Management

What is interesting to me is the "Quantitative" in the "Quantitative Managerial Decision Making."  Sometimes, classes with quantitative in the title are considered math classes.  An upper level math class would be excellent.

I was really hoping it was going to be worth credit for a statistics course. I'll have to try with Excelsior.
(03-11-2019, 11:03 AM)eriehiker Wrote: I applied and wrote that I am a teacher and I want to learn to help my students, some of whom have parents in the armed services.  That was enough for me to get a password.
I am not a U.S. citizen. So, I guess there isn’t much I can write about myself to request access to their courses.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I applied for a userid and just mentioned that I was an Army veteran and got access. I'm halfway through ACQ101, since that one seems to be a prereq for a lot of the others. Looks like there are several worth upper level credit that have a prereq that is a classroom-only class. Does anyone know how strict they are with prereqs? Also, does anyone know how these transfer in to TESU or COSC? I went through all of the courses and compared them to the records on ACE, and it appears that if you can do all of the online ones, you can earn 58 SH of credit, 19 of which are upper-level, but that assumes they aren't strictly adhering to the prereqs to get all of the online ones finished.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(06-22-2019, 01:19 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I applied for a userid and just mentioned that I was an Army veteran and got access.  I'm halfway through ACQ101, since that one seems to be a prereq for a lot of the others.  Looks like there are several worth upper level credit that have a prereq that is a classroom-only class.  Does anyone know how strict they are with prereqs?  Also, does anyone know how these transfer in to TESU or COSC?  I went through all of the courses and compared them to the records on ACE, and it appears that if you can do all of the online ones, you can earn 58 SH of credit, 19 of which are upper-level, but that assumes they aren't strictly adhering to the prereqs to get all of the online ones finished.

How is WGU? Overall you are happy with them? I live in Tacoma/Seattle Washington now and at JBLM.

Currently with CWU and got my AS from Excelsior, they are fast but expensive indeed.
How yall balance work-study life balance? I work over 60hr a week and barely can handle 2 class per semester....
(06-22-2019, 05:53 PM)68W Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 01:19 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I applied for a userid and just mentioned that I was an Army veteran and got access.  I'm halfway through ACQ101, since that one seems to be a prereq for a lot of the others.  Looks like there are several worth upper level credit that have a prereq that is a classroom-only class.  Does anyone know how strict they are with prereqs?  Also, does anyone know how these transfer in to TESU or COSC?  I went through all of the courses and compared them to the records on ACE, and it appears that if you can do all of the online ones, you can earn 58 SH of credit, 19 of which are upper-level, but that assumes they aren't strictly adhering to the prereqs to get all of the online ones finished.

How is WGU? Overall you are happy with them? I live in Tacoma/Seattle Washington now and at JBLM.

Currently with CWU and got my AS from Excelsior, they are fast but expensive indeed.
How yall balance work-study life balance? I work over 60hr a week and barely can handle 2 class per semester....
Hello from a neighbor!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Howdy neighbor! Interesting, some of you are in the 360 area code too! Woo woo.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-22-2019, 05:53 PM)68W Wrote:

I've really enjoyed the WGU experience so far.  I find the school to be fairly affordable, it's a flat rate $3.2k per six month term, so the more classes you can complete during that term, the more affordable it gets.  When I first started at WGU, I was working at a job that was 60-70 hours per week.  It was rough, but I managed to finish a class every 4-6 weeks, which averaged me at 22 CU per six-month term (12 is the minimum required to stay on track).  As far as work-life balance goes, you'll hardly ever get that working somewhere that makes you work 60-70 hours per week.  I don't know how your job is, but at least mine was a work-from-home position, so even though I was working long hours, which allowed me to play videos so I could work and learn at the same time.  Was it efficient?  Probably not.  Since my attention was divided between work and school, I would have to watch each video multiple times, but it was still good enough to get me passing marks at the end of the course and more importantly I was able to earn a dozen or so IT certifications through the program.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • Life_One

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,700 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,604 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,863 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,583 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,309 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,878 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,579 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,780 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,960 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Anyone do the Naval War College MA in Security Studies? johnw 0 2,294 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: johnw