Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9UL Credits to go for BSBA GM TESU
As the title states, I need 9 UL credits to complete the BSBA GM from TESU.

I have completed the Capstone, Cornerstone and everything else.

I have completed everything possible from SL, and now have a Study.com membership.

My question, do you guys know of any Study.com classes that will complete my requirements, yet do NOT require papers or any type of project? Just good 'ol quiz and then proctored finals? Recently completed Principles of Finance and International Business with Study.com.

If I can't avoid papers/projects, then do you guys know the easiest ones? After the Capstone, I'm just over writing for the time being (that can change if it has too).

My 3 UL credits so far are from SL with Cost Accounting ACC-303

Thanks in advance,

(02-01-2019, 02:07 AM)kodiak61 Wrote: As the title states, I need 9 UL credits to complete the BSBA GM from TESU.

I have completed the Capstone, Cornerstone and everything else.

I have completed everything possible from SL, and now have a Study.com membership.

My question, do you guys know of any Study.com classes that will complete my requirements, yet do NOT require papers or any type of project? Just good 'ol quiz and then proctored finals? Recently completed Principles of Finance and International Business with Study.com.

If I can't avoid papers/projects, then do you guys know the easiest ones? After the Capstone, I'm just over writing for the time being (that can change if it has too).

My 3 UL credits so far are from SL with Cost Accounting ACC-303

Thanks in advance,

Most of the UL courses at SDC require papers or projects, so I'm not sure if you can avoid those if you stick with SDC options. Alternately, TECEPs may be a better option if you want exam-based UL credit, though some of them also often include essays (extended answer questions).

That said, if you need 9 UL credits, that means those are going into your AOS which implies you'll need to meet specific requirements. That will further limit the options. You have one accounting course, so you need at least 3 credits in two other areas (Finance, Marketing, or Management). It may be better to choose areas you're already familiar with to make it easier/faster to complete.

I can tell you what I'd take, but I don't know that those are areas you'd find interesting or easier. Are any of the AOS focus areas more or less appealing to you?

When I was planning on the BSBA GM (before switching to CIS), my plan was to take Management Information Systems and Project Management in the management area, Digital Marketing & Advertising in the marketing area, and Corporate Finance for the finance area. I don't know if any of those are interesting to you though.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I can tell you the shortest UL courses with the fewest number of lessons and only 1 paper/project.

But all of Study.com's UL courses require at least 1 paper/project. All of them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the replies.

Looks like I'm not getting out of doing the papers...

So dfrecore, yes please, what are the fast easy ones?

Thanks in advance,

(02-01-2019, 04:50 PM)kodiak61 Wrote: Thanks for the replies.

Looks like I'm not getting out of doing the papers...

So dfrecore, yes please, what are the fast easy ones?

Thanks in advance,

I did not say easy, since I've never done one so I can't tell you that.  I just know shortest (less than 80 lessons), that only have 1 paper/project.

MARK 308: Applied Marketing
MARK 303: Global Marketing
BUS 313: Organizational Communication
BUS 312: Adv Ops Management
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So after looking at your recommendations and then digging for awhile on Study.com, I have decided to do the following:

MARK 303 Global Marketing
The good:
I know this subject well, many of the quizzes are already done due to earlier courses. (75 total Quizzes)
The bad:
A 3000-5000 page paper!!! Oh well, due to practical knowledge of this subject, I can get through that fairly quickly.

BUS 312 - Advanced Operations Management
The good:
64 Quizzes! Nice.. and only a 800-1200 word essay! I like that, this my favorite upper level Study.com yet.
The bad:
None

BUS 304 - Leading Organizational Change
The good:
Case study only, 1500-2000 words, I like that.
The bad:
110 quizzes, not horrible, definitely worse out there.

Money and banking DSST counts as upper level finance credit by the way... i found it to be pretty easy using instacert
How do you feel about accounting? Intermediate Accounting I & II don't have papers or projects and transfer in as UL, I believe. Normally intermediate accounting courses are highly technical and usually taken only by accounting majors, but the Study.com versions are really not bad at all.
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)
(02-02-2019, 02:31 AM)kodiak61 Wrote: So after looking at your recommendations and then digging for awhile on Study.com, I have decided to do the following:

MARK 303 Global Marketing....

BUS 312 - Advanced Operations Management....

BUS 304 - Leading Organizational Change
The good:
Case study only, 1500-2000 words, I like that.
The bad:
110 quizzes, not horrible, definitely worse out there.

Does BUS 304 - Leading Organizational Change work in the BSBA GM AOS?  It comes in as LDR-345 : Leading Organizational Change https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab - I just  don't remember anyone else posting this as an UL for this program, but maybe it works for Management
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-07-2019, 11:28 AM)AMRH94 Wrote: How do you feel about accounting? Intermediate Accounting I & II don't have papers or projects and transfer in as UL, I believe. Normally intermediate accounting courses are highly technical and usually taken only by accounting majors, but the Study.com versions are really not bad at all.

Those come in as LL.  ALL of Study.com UL courses require at least 1 paper/project.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 717 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 240 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP