Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.Com tests....can you tell me.
I am fairly new to the Study.Com process.  Tried to pick up a few quick credits. So far, NOT A FAN.

I had taken a course, and then taken the final.  I was waiting the inordinately LONG time for test results to come back, which I knew I passed with flying colors.  I went on with another course, and finished it and was getting ready to take the final when I realized that I clicked on the wrong test.  Both courses were Ethics courses, and were very similar in class name.  Anyhow, I accidentally started the wrong Final and got to the first question when I realized that it was the wrong test.  I immediately closed out the test, in hopes that it wouldn't count.

Now, I have wasted one test.  And, it also appears that it is waiting for the SECOND test attempt score to come back.  Which I don't want because I exited the exam on the first question and I already passed that final.  

How does this work?  AM I stuck with the worst test score or can I use the first exam grade which was over 90%.  Is it best of two or an average?

I have asked several questions through the support portal, but still no response after over a week.  Calls to the 800 number just dump me out and says that they are busy.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Right, that’s not cool, pretty sure you will be able to make this work with sdc support.

Never had an issue with their support by email, not that it help your case, I am a bit surprise you had no answer in 1week

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
SDC can be a bit slow in responding, but they are helpful when you have genuine problems. I think the policy for multiple attempts of the same test is that the highest grade will be used.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Bear with me, because I'm confused. So you're saying you took 2 different ethics courses, completed all of the quizzes for both of them, took the proctored final for the 1st course, then when you went to take the proctored final for the 2nd course, you clicked on the 1st course and started the proctored final again?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-10-2019, 07:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Bear with me, because I'm confused.  So you're saying you took 2 different ethics courses, completed all of the quizzes for both of them, took the proctored final for the 1st course, then when you went to take the proctored final for the 2nd course, you clicked on the 1st course and started the proctored final again?

Correct.  100% my fault, I understand.  And, I know they will probably not credit me for the aborted exam.

But, seeing as I had already passed the exam with high score, I would obviously like to use the first PASS.  Wondered how they will handle the grades if I have a 1st attempt at 90% and the second attempt as an abort.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

Email them again or create a second ticket asking for an escalation. Inform them the urgency of the matter. If that was your second test/final exam under the 2/month (and your membership is expiring soon but you decide to renew), they should be able to "grant" you an extra exam to be used for the next month. I used the online contact option, someone had to escalate it for me before my issue went anywhere...

For this month, I have 3 exams, as I had technical issues for one of my exams for the previous month. I explained my situation that there was an issue with my webcam for the laptop and had to have it checked out by one of the exam provider techs (RPNOW/Software Secure). They remote to my pc and discovered, my webcam died, it wouldn't work outside of the application either. After multiple restarts, driver installs, and different troubleshooting, we could not get it working. I asked to get my extension, instead they just reset my exam and added it to the following month (this month).

It's so weird, after a few days, I tried testing my webcam again, and it's working now... but we didn't do anything! This old Dell Laptop is wonky, I've had it for many years, I use it as a spare and hook it up to my Dell monitor for homework/extended display use...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ChilliDawg
(02-10-2019, 08:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Email them again or create a second ticket asking for an escalation.  Inform them the urgency of the matter.  If that was your second test/final exam under the 2/month (and your membership is expiring soon but you decide to renew), they should be able to "grant" you an extra exam to be used for the next month.  I used the online contact option, someone had to escalate it for me before my issue went anywhere...

For this month, I have 3 exams, as I had technical issues for one of my exams for the previous month.  I explained my situation that there was an issue with my webcam for the laptop and had to have it checked out by one of the exam provider techs (RPNOW/Software Secure).  They remote to my pc and discovered, my webcam died, it wouldn't work outside of the application either.  After multiple restarts, driver installs, and different troubleshooting, we could not get it working.  I asked to get my extension, instead they just reset my exam and added it to the following month (this month).

It's so weird, after a few days, I tried testing my webcam again, and it's working now... but we didn't do anything!  This old Dell Laptop is wonky, I've had it for many years, I use it as a spare and hook it up to my Dell monitor for homework/extended display use...

Thank you.  I will write to them and escalate.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

I'm just wondering how long do they usually take to finalize the exam grades. Because I took two a month ago, and it still says "grade pending." Is this normal?
(02-10-2019, 08:48 PM)natshar Wrote: I'm just wondering how long do they usually take to finalize the exam grades. Because I took two a month ago, and it still says "grade pending."  Is this norm
I took the Upper Level Holocaust Course.  I took the exam over three weeks ago.  Still nothing.  I have taken two courses since then, and they have been graded.  Average of 8 to 10 days.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

(02-10-2019, 08:48 PM)natshar Wrote: I'm just wondering how long do they usually take to finalize the exam grades. Because I took two a month ago, and it still says "grade pending." Is this normal?

Have you submitted all projects for the courses? I took the exams for a few UL history courses but didn't submit the essays for a while and they showed as grade pending the whole time, so that could be why.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,325 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,483 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM