Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Cyber courses are back with more credits
Is there a negative as to adding each course individually instead of grouping them as Cyber101/201/301, etc? Will the individuals still come in as Computer Sci courses thru TESU? I'm trying to figure out the best path.

I've already completed Cybersecurity for Everyone early 2018. I'm trying to inch closer to getting the ASNSM-CS and was hoping these would slot in either as a group or individually. Which is the best way? And I assume I should retake the Cyber4every1 to get more credits??

Hubby is also working on these courses and already added the 1 UL course to his ACE. So, we know for sure Cyber301 is out the door and he'll import all of those as individuals. LOL
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
I only looked at this briefly, but I think you get more UL credit by combining the one set?

(03-07-2019, 05:44 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: The UL Information Risk Management transfers in as CIS-344 Computer Security.

Just informing everyone

Thanks for reporting back what it will transfer in as.  I took my TEEX courses last year and they are already on my TESU transcript. I don't plan on changing any of that. Could this be a new source of 1 additional credit for me? (consider that I don't want to alter anything I have already taken).
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
I think it may be. Unless you did the teex when cyber security for business professionals transferred in as CIS-344 then it may duplicate.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(03-07-2019, 11:49 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I think it may be. Unless you did the teex when cyber security for business professionals transferred in as CIS-344 then it may duplicate.

I don't have anything coded as CIS-344 on my TESU transcript, I do have CIS-244.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Update: 

I just confirmed with TESU advising that TEEX-0286 will transfer in as CIS-344 (1 Credit). They made it clear to me that they will not provide a credit waiver for this class
like Insurance Ethics. This was never a concern of mine since I need exactly 1 CS credit anyways.

Another Update:

As was said in previous threads, if you already have Cyber 301 from TEEX then ACE will not let you get just 1 additional credit for TEEX-0286 if you already have TEEX-0252. So it will not be
an easy and hassle free 1 additional credit for me.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(03-08-2019, 02:40 PM)AwardTour Wrote: Update: 

I just confirmed with TESU advising that TEEX-0286 will transfer in as CIS-344 (1 Credit). They made it clear to me that they will not provide a credit waiver for this class
like Insurance Ethics. This was never a concern of mine since I need exactly 1 CS credit anyways.

Another Update:

As was said in previous threads, if you already have Cyber 301 from TEEX then ACE will not let you get just 1 additional credit for TEEX-0286 if you already have TEEX-0252. So it will not be
an easy and hassle free 1 additional credit for me.
I have TEEX-0251, TEEX-0252, and TEEX-0250 from a year ago on my ACE transcript .Last week I added TEEX-0286 when I finished the course again. All 4 are on my ACE transcript .
[-] The following 1 user Likes xjarhead1999's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Just an update. I had received a reply to a question I had about my account (I wasn't sure if the SDC discount had been applied) so when I responded to their email, I asked about the TEEX credit evaluation. They had literally evaluated it days before the ACE update. This was the reply:

"We do assign credits based on ACE recommendations, so updating that should not be a problem. We will just need you to send in the ACE transcript with the updating credit assessment if you have not already. Then schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to go over the new eval."

It looks like I'll probably have to send them an ACE transcript again, which I needed to do anyway for the CSM credit. Does anyone know what the ACE transcripts look like? Do they have the credit values listed next to the course or does the recipient have to click on the links to see (like you have to do in your account)? Is there a way to get a copy of the transcript for my own records?

I also tried adding TEEX-0286 AWR177: Information Risk Management on it's own, as suggested in this thread, and it was approved by ACE. I didn't have to take it again.

Once the CSM credit gets approved, I'll send another transcript to TESU and report back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mil0's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(03-11-2019, 09:51 AM)Mil0 Wrote: ...
Does anyone know what the ACE transcripts look like? Do they have the credit values listed next to the course or does the recipient have to click on the links to see (like you have to do in your account)? Is there a way to get a copy of the transcript for my own records?

If you'd like to see what an ACE transcript looks like, check out this post. Looks like the transcript lists courses grouped by the provider, including the ACE course number, date completed, and the title and description of the course (including the credit recommendation).

If you would like a copy of your transcript all you need to do is order one and have it sent to your own email address (or physical mail address if you prefer a hard copy) instead of to a school address. This approach applies to pretty much any transcript you'd like to get a copy of for your own records.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(03-12-2019, 01:02 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:51 AM)Mil0 Wrote: ...
Does anyone know what the ACE transcripts look like? Do they have the credit values listed next to the course or does the recipient have to click on the links to see (like you have to do in your account)? Is there a way to get a copy of the transcript for my own records?

If you'd like to see what an ACE transcript looks like, check out this post. Looks like the transcript lists courses grouped by the provider, including the ACE course number, date completed, and the title and description of the course (including the credit recommendation).

If you would like a copy of your transcript all you need to do is order one and have it sent to your own email address (or physical mail address if you prefer a hard copy) instead of to a school address. This approach applies to pretty much any transcript you'd like to get a copy of for your own records.

Has anyone told you lately that you're the best? Seriously. I had searched after asking but didn't see that one. Now it makes sense because of how it's displayed and if they had gotten the electronic version from the date it was sent, they wouldn't have seen the update. It was literally days before the credit change was made. 

I could probably send it now since the CSM credit posted to my ACE transcript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,517 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,542 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 697 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 508 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 265 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77