Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about ACE transcripts
I’m confused and I can’t find anything clear in the posts. I finished the free Sophia and Institutes classes. I created an ACE account and added them into what I think is my transcript. I did not pay $20 yet and haven’t sent transcripts to a college. Did I do everything necessary to save my credits or do I need to pay $20 before the end of March to keep my Institutes credits?
(03-14-2019, 03:29 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: I’m confused and I can’t find anything clear in the posts. I finished the free Sophia and Institutes classes. I created an ACE account and added them into what I think is my transcript. I did not pay $20 yet and haven’t sent transcripts to a college. Did I do everything necessary to save my credits or do I need to pay $20 before the end of March to keep my Institutes credits?

You can accumulate credits on your ACE transcript for as long as you like without ever sending them anywhere. Unless you need to send a transcript early to qualify as a student or something, I usually recommend not sending a transcript until you're all done accumulating credits so you don't end up having to pay to send the transcript more than once since they charge you each time. That said, sometimes sending them early can be helpful, particularly in cases where evaluations change (i.e., an UL course could be downgraded to LL, so if you submit after the change, you lose out on the UL option; or a school could stop accepting credits from your provider, like what happened with TESU and Shmoop).

To "save your credits" all you do is log into your ACE account, search for the course you've completed, and add it to your transcript. It will prompt you for when it was completed, and you'll have to wait for confirmation from the provider (which usually takes up to a week, though usually a day or two in my experience). While waiting on the confirmation you will see the class listed as "Pending" in your course summary. Once it has been confirmed you will get an email stating as much and the course will then appear as completed in your course summary (no longer in the pending list). If for some reason they deny the course, it will be removed and you will have to contact the provider before re-submitting the course for confirmation again; denials usually occur because you either selected the wrong course, specified the wrong date, or the course isn't yet complete.

I don't know for sure how establishing an ACE account works now. When I set mine up, I believe it was free and you just paid each time you sent a transcript. It sounds like you now pay $20 initially (not sure when that gets paid) which includes 1 free transcript, and then you pay $15 for each additional transcript. If you're concerned you could always contact them directly, they have pretty good customer support.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
The way they phrase how payment works is extremely confusing, but here's the gist:

You set up an account for free and add credits to it. Your first transcript costs $20, all subsequent ones cost $15.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • suzycupcake
Okay, thanks. I already did all the steps Merlin said, so I be all set. It doesn’t ask me to pay anything unless I go to the screen where I request a transcript to be sent to a college. I had seen differing posts and got nervous that I might lose my work if I hadn’t paid yet. Phew. Smile
Hi guys, I'm pretty new in this forum.
And don't know that how can i join the ACE. I already started to TEEX cybersecurity courses.
To create an ACE account, just visit the ACE transcript page, select Create an Account on the left hand side, and fill in the required information. It's free to register. When you complete your courses, you just login, look up the course you have completed and request for it to be verified and added to your Ace transcript. When you are ready to transfer credits to your school, you will pay $20 for the first transcript request, and I think it is only $15 for each one after as Merlin has detailed above.
[-] The following 2 users Like shadowgem's post:
  • hsfamfun, suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed jobojoe285 22 925 Today, 12:38 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Most expensive transcripts? clep3705 8 653 09-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Getting Transcripts From College Wanting Money (maybe) xXAnonymousXx 12 2,040 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  PSA: Send transcripts early and check their receipt status promptly Ideas 2 1,021 08-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  How many transcripts do you have? eyrobinson 57 9,857 05-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ACE is switching how they transfer your transcripts BrighterFuture88 7 2,716 12-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Transcripts and grades study.com kier7141 3 1,159 05-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  I'm a little confused. jclarkc 2 763 02-22-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Free Clep and DSSt tests & transcripts FishNDip 5 2,422 10-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore