Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended Courses for TESU BALS
If I have to start from scratch, then I will go with the other university and do the BA in Business Administration. I can still test out and they accept CLEP and others. I only have to do 30 credits from their university and I am getting quite a bit of credits already from only one of my programs. I will speak to them as well and get WES submit my evaluation to them and see how many more credits will be applied to my degree.
(03-15-2019, 07:38 AM)sofinel Wrote: If I have to start from scratch, then I will go with the other university and do the BA in Business Administration. I can still test out and they accept CLEP and others. I only have to do 30 credits from their university and I am getting quite a bit of credits already from only one of my programs. I will speak to them as well and get WES submit my evaluation to them and see how many more credits will be applied to my degree.

I would stick to one of the big three mentioned on this forum and not bother with any brick and mortar universities where you would need to attend in class or take online courses through them. This method is 10x faster. There are people on here that had zero credits and finished a degree in less than a year, so there is no reason you wouldn't be able to as well.

I wouldn't bother with CLEP/DSST tests and driving across the border, it's a waste of time. You can just do these courses at home and take the proctored exam from your own computer. There are also various free courses for credit listed on this forum you can start while waiting as well.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(03-15-2019, 07:51 AM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 07:38 AM)sofinel Wrote: If I have to start from scratch, then I will go with the other university and do the BA in Business Administration. I can still test out and they accept CLEP and others. I only have to do 30 credits from their university and I am getting quite a bit of credits already from only one of my programs. I will speak to them as well and get WES submit my evaluation to them and see how many more credits will be applied to my degree.

I would stick to one of the big three mentioned on this forum and not bother with any brick and mortar universities where you would need to attend in class or take online courses through them. This method is 10x faster. There are people on here that had zero credits and finished a degree in less than a year, so there is no reason you wouldn't be able to as well.

I wouldn't bother with CLEP/DSST tests and driving across the border, it's a waste of time. You can just do these courses at home and take the proctored exam from your own computer. There are also various free courses for credit listed on this forum you can start while waiting as well.
Thank you for your advice. Will certainly do that.
Is there a reason you're choosing TESU instead of COSC? If I were you, I would take a look at COSC instead. They allow you to choose your own degree, so you could use a lot of the courses TESU would consider Free Electives as part of your major.

It certainly can't hurt to apply there and see what they say.

For TESU, I too would probably choose the regular BALS, since I don't think there are enough UL credits available to do the concentration in CJ (you need at least 9cr of UL out of the 18cr of required courses).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • sofinel
(03-15-2019, 12:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Is there a reason you're choosing TESU instead of COSC?  If I were you, I would take a look at COSC instead.  They allow you to choose your own degree, so you could use a lot of the courses TESU would consider Free Electives as part of your major.

For TESU, I too would probably choose the regular BALS, since I don't think there are enough UL credits available to do the concentration in CJ (you need at least 9cr of UL out of the 18cr of required courses).

Initially I looked only at their BABA degree, but didn't look at anything else. Will take a look and see and then make a final decision. TESU said I will know by next week Friday. I will take a look and see what else COSC has to offer.

Thank you.
(03-15-2019, 02:00 PM)sofinel Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Is there a reason you're choosing TESU instead of COSC?  If I were you, I would take a look at COSC instead.  They allow you to choose your own degree, so you could use a lot of the courses TESU would consider Free Electives as part of your major.

Initially I looked only at their BABA degree, but didn't look at anything else. Will take a look and see and then make a final decision. TESU said I will know by next week Friday. I will take a look and see what else COSC has to offer.

Thank you.

They allow an Individualized Study degree, where you bring in the credits you want (you work with your advisor to work that out). 
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/2017-...tudies.php
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I am not sure if I should have started a new thread again or not so I've decided to just added my recent update to this post I started.

TESU plugged in my courses into both the BALS and the LS with CJ concentration. I need 58 and 55 credits respectively more. They are still waiting for a course outline for 5 more courses to decide whether to add them or not.

I haven't checked COSC as yet to see if I would get more credits or not. I am yet to get that application done on their site. Hope to get that done this week.

This is where things are for me at the moment.
I am currently working on the Intermediate Algebra with ALEKS as one of you suggested and to start knocking out some credits while I wait.

CJ Concentration:
1: General Ed: 29 credits earned
A – Intellect Skills 15 SH (Not Started)
ENC – 101
ECE-102
Oral Communication
Quantitative Literacy – (currently working on)
SOS – 110 (Not Started)

B: Civil Learning
Diversity – Completed
Ethics – NS
Civic Engagement – NS

C: Human Cultures (Completed)
D: Natural World (Completed)

E: GE Electives (In Progress)
Credits earned: 8
Remaining: 10

2: Criminal Justice (30SH: 15SH UL) – In Progress
A: Criminal Justice (NS)
B: Criminology (Completed)
C: Law Enforcement (Completed)
D: Procedures (Completed)
E: Corrections (NS)
F: Juvenile Justice (NS)
G: Research Methods (NS)
H: AOJ Ethics (NS)
I: AOS Elective (NS)

3: Liberal Arts Capstone (NS)
4: Electives (Completed) (27SH)

Any easy courses you recommend taking. I know I have some to take at the 300/400 level for the concentration. As mentioned, I already started the Quant. Lit.

Any suggestions again would be highly appreciated. I am not ruling out COSC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP