Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU SOS-110 Policy Spelled Out
(05-04-2019, 09:34 PM)hallk33 Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 04:29 PM)katelynn Wrote: This is so frustrating. I want to finish two degrees in one graduation cycle and this whole time I thought that would mean only taking the new cornerstone course once, having it apply to both degrees. Are you saying that if I take on both a bachelor's in business and a bachelor's in psychology at the same time, I'll still have to take the SOS-110 course twice?

How are you able to work on two degrees in one graduation cycle? Advising just told me there is no way to do this.

Maybe that's a new thing I'm unaware of? I spent last night searching through the forum about graduating with 2 degrees at the same time. I assumed everyone knew what they were talking about and never checked with TESU myself. Several people were saying that you can knock out courses for both degrees simultaneously and then add them both to your account/dashboard when you enroll. They said it would be like getting 2 degrees for nearly the price of one because you wouldn't have to pay all the entry fees a second time. It really seemed like they had experience in it, so I don't know why that advisor said that unless it was a recent change. Everyone on here seems to say otherwise. Let's see if someone else weighs in.
(05-04-2019, 09:58 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 04:29 PM)katelynn Wrote: This is so frustrating. I want to finish two degrees in one graduation cycle and this whole time I thought that would mean only taking the new cornerstone course once, having it apply to both degrees. Are you saying that if I take on both a bachelor's in business and a bachelor's in psychology at the same time, I'll still have to take the SOS-110 course twice?

How are you able to work on two degrees in one graduation cycle? Advising just told me there is no way to do this.

Maybe that's a new thing I'm unaware of? I spent last night searching through the forum about graduating with 2 degrees at the same time. I assumed everyone knew what they were talking about and never checked with TESU myself. Several people were saying that you can knock out courses for both degrees simultaneously and then add them both to your account/dashboard when you enroll. They said it would be like getting 2 degrees for nearly the price of one because you wouldn't have to pay all the entry fees a second time. It really seemed like they had experience in it, so I don't know why that advisor said that unless it was a recent change. Everyone on here seems to say otherwise. Let's see if someone else weighs in.
I had 2 degrees listed on my account, BSBA Operation Management and BSAST Technical Studies, until I was told last week this wasn't possible. After that phone call the BSAST in Technical Studies has been removed from my account. To be honest, I have never gotten a straight answer regarding the BSAST but was flat out told that it wasn't possible to complete two degrees concurrently. That the only option was to add a second AOS which isn't a second degree.
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
(05-04-2019, 10:09 PM)hallk33 Wrote:

I had 2 degrees listed on my account, BSBA Operation Management and BSAST Technical Studies, until I was told last week this wasn't possible. After that phone call the BSAST in Technical Studies has been removed from my account. To be honest, I have never gotten a straight answer regarding the BSAST but was flat out told that it wasn't possible to complete two degrees concurrently. That the only option was to add a second AOS which isn't a second degree.

Well, I have no idea what I'm going to do anymore. My plan was to get the psych degree I truly want, but graduate with a second back-up degree in case I decide not to continue onto a doctorate later in life. I really don't want to be stuck with just a bachelor's in psych and have nothing else to fall back on. I also don't want to have to pay all the TESU fees a second time for a plan B degree I might not need. 

What are you thinking about doing concerning the BSAST? Are you going to return for it later or just forget about it?
(05-04-2019, 10:21 PM)katelynn Wrote:

Well, I have no idea what I'm going to do anymore. My plan was to get the psych degree I truly want, but graduate with a second back-up degree in case I decide not to continue onto a doctorate later in life. I really don't want to be stuck with just a bachelor's in psych and have nothing else to fall back on. I also don't want to have to pay all the TESU fees a second time for a plan B degree I might not need. 

What are you thinking about doing concerning the BSAST? Are you going to return for it later or just forget about it?
I don't know what I'm going to do. Part of the reason I was pursuing the BSAST was because the Bachelors to Masters classes would apply but I was having difficulty getting my other credits to apply. I was thinking about dropping the BSAST and switching to BSOL and pursuing a Masters somewhere else but now it doesn't look like that is an option either (switching to the BSOL). I'm going to meet with advising again since it seems like people on here have done dual degrees and hoping get a better answer.
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
(05-05-2019, 11:40 AM)hallk33 Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 10:21 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 09:34 PM)hallk33 Wrote: How are you able to work on two degrees in one graduation cycle? Advising just told me there is no way to do this.

I don't know what I'm going to do. Part of the reason I was pursuing the BSAST was because the Bachelors to Masters classes would apply but I was having difficulty getting my other credits to apply. I was thinking about dropping the BSAST and switching to BSOL and pursuing a Masters somewhere else but now it doesn't look like that is an option either (switching to the BSOL). I'm going to meet with advising again since it seems like people on here have done dual degrees and hoping get a better answer.

Let me know what you find out, if you don't mind. I feel a bit stuck now and would like some clarity as well. Smile
(05-05-2019, 11:40 AM)hallk33 Wrote:  I'm going to meet with advising again since it seems like people on here have done dual degrees and hoping get a better answer.

A dual degree is different than 2 separate degrees; a dual degree is 2 degrees within the same "school.  The BSAST is in the School of Applied Science & Technology, while the BSBA is in the School of Business & Management.

If you want a dual degree, you'd want things like a BSBA & BSOL (School of Business & Management), or BSAST & BS in Cybersecurity (School of Applied Science & Technology), or a BA in Psychology and BA in Sociology (Heavin School of Arts & Sciences).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,337 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 479 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 259 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,232 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27