Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of free graduate credit
(04-23-2019, 09:36 AM)udi Wrote: The reason I'm asking is because I already have a master's degree, but I can't do instruction for an English 101 class without a few more master's level English credits. But, I was thinking I could teach other things, too if I could get enough credits in one concentration.

With that, it's still a matter of searching around for a college that offers something you need at an affordable price. That can vary dependent on the nature of their programs and if they're offered online. Example: I needed a few more credits in topic to fulfill requirements for an adjunct position in Communication. Despite being employed by the state university system where I live (thus tuition is free), I had to go outside our network to find courses because no university in our system offers graduate Communication courses online. Missouri State was one of the cheapest online options I was able to locate and it wound up being $1,770 for 6 credits, which I paid out-of-pocket. I debated picking up enough credits to teach in another area but the story is the same everywhere you look; the vast majority of the cheap/fast/easy graduate credits available are VESI or an isolated summer course that's mostly for credentialing, not topic credits one needs for teaching undergrad courses. Add to that the fact that many university graduate programs don't offer summer courses beyond research methods in whatever topic the program is in, and you're substantially limited in scope and flexibility for what you'll find in any given field of study.

Sad but true.
MS - Human Relations & Business, Amberton University
BA - Liberal Studies, TESC
AAS - Administrative Studies, TESC
AAS - Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies, TESC
Certificate - Crisis Management, Central GA Technical College
University of the People accepts up to 18 transfer credits for their Master's degrees.

Some people have successfully transferred credits to ENEB Business School degrees.

Both schools are ridiculously cheap from an American viewpoint
(09-08-2023, 03:19 PM)nykorn Wrote: University of the People accepts up to 18 transfer credits for their Master's degrees.

Some people have successfully transferred credits to ENEB Business School degrees.

Both schools are ridiculously cheap from an American viewpoint

U of the P is NA credit so many people aren't interested. They need an RA degree. The name is also problematic for many people. They also utilize peer grading which is also a problem. Unfortunately, the university does have a lot of flaws and they are aware of them as when they applied for RA they were denied and given a long list of things to correct before reapplying. Maybe outside the US, the school is fine, but even in much of Europe it looks to not be an option.
You could take online courses taught in English from Norway or another country with cheap tuition ($500-$1,000 per year regardless of credit load). Fully "RA" accredited, you would just need a FCE afterwards. Some courses or entire degrees either don't have required lecture attendance (they record and upload all lectures) or have 2-3 different meeting times (one in AM one in PM) so you should be able to attend. As an example I have taken both Chinese and Yiddish courses where all lectures were just recorded and uploaded, with optional live attendance. Their English courses would normally be English as a Second Language, but you can definitely take American Literature and general Education courses. My Bachelor's was entirely free from Sweden, but I have European citizenship which gives me a tuition waiver for any Swedish school. Norwegian and Icelandic schools do not have the European citizen requirement, the tuition is the same for citizens of any country. There may be more countries like this out there with a more comfortable timezone for you.

If you were in a big pinch, you could learn Norwegian quite quickly by taking some remedial Norwegian classes and studying on the side, then take courses taught in Norwegian (I promise you, Norwegian isn't very difficult for English speakers).
(01-26-2024, 01:27 AM)nykorn Wrote: You could take online courses taught in English from Norway or another country with cheap tuition ($500-$1,000 per year regardless of credit load). Fully "RA" accredited, you would just need a FCE afterwards. Some courses or entire degrees either don't have required lecture attendance (they record and upload all lectures) or have 2-3 different meeting times (one in AM one in PM) so you should be able to attend. As an example I have taken both Chinese and Yiddish courses where all lectures were just recorded and uploaded, with optional live attendance. Their English courses would normally be English as a Second Language, but you can definitely take American Literature and general Education courses. My Bachelor's was entirely free from Sweden, but I have European citizenship which gives me a tuition waiver for any Swedish school. Norwegian and Icelandic schools do not have the European citizen requirement, the tuition is the same for citizens of any country. There may be more countries like this out there with a more comfortable timezone for you.

If you were in a big pinch, you could learn Norwegian quite quickly by taking some remedial Norwegian classes and studying on the side, then take courses taught in Norwegian (I promise you, Norwegian isn't very difficult for English speakers).

Can you suggest some school/ program ?
The most I found was a single graduate level Saylor course BUS501: Strategic Management that is accepted at UMass Global, but it was unclear if it is accepted as graduate credit despite being a grad level class. So not free, but maybe $5.

https://www.umassglobal.edu/admissions/t...or-academy

The UMass Global MAOL also has a custom track that should take upper division courses as electives. Maybe find a masters degree that takes electives if nothing else.

Interested to hear if anyone else has advice.
-
Joe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,810 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,892 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,641 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  SMC name change to Signum Magnum College - Free MBA?! bjcheung77 6 654 04-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,038 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 661 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,035 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,679 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 476 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 680 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz