Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas State M.S. in Strategic Communications
(04-17-2019, 03:00 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: Has anyone applied and been accepted with their BA/BS from TESU showing a limited GPA? I noticed most acceptance posts are in Computer science or MBA programs. Just curious if anyone has been successful in being admitted to AState for graduate school.

Update: Received my acceptance email this morning. Thanks a ton to everyone that offered advice!
[-] The following 5 users Like fingerscrossedx2's post:
  • alexf.1990, allvia, hsfamfun, Jonathan Whatley, tesu-acct-student
Wowzah! Congrats on getting accepted. I would love to read your story about this particular journey in your life...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-29-2019, 08:50 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 03:00 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: Has anyone applied and been accepted with their BA/BS from TESU showing a limited GPA? I noticed most acceptance posts are in Computer science or MBA programs. Just curious if anyone has been successful in being admitted to AState for graduate school.

Update: Received my acceptance email this morning. Thanks a ton to everyone that offered advice!

Good for you, Congratulation on you admit to their program. I also want to apply AState, the advisor told me that if i was weak on my gpa, they will not accept, they are require me to have 3.5 gpa, if i have lower than 3.5 I will need to take GRE or GMAT.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(07-05-2019, 09:21 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote:

Good for you, Congratulation on you admit to their program. I also want to apply AState, the advisor told me that if i was weak on my gpa, they will not accept, they are require me to have 3.5 gpa, if i have lower than 3.5 I will need to take GRE or GMAT.
My GPA which will not be mentioned was horrible overall, but for my last 60 units it was above 3.5. Thank goodness I was not required to take the GRE. I would suggest applying and attaching a great resume/letter of interest highlighting your experience and ability to succeed. All they can do is turn you down. In that case, you are right where you started.
(07-09-2019, 08:34 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote:

My GPA which will not be mentioned was horrible overall, but for my last 60 units it was above 3.5. Thank goodness I was not required to take the GRE. I would suggest applying and attaching a great resume/letter of interest highlighting your experience and ability to succeed. All they can do is turn you down. In that case, you are right where you started.
Good for you you got admit. The most important you are in the program
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Imbanewbie's post:
  • hsfamfun
(07-10-2019, 07:18 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote:

Wondering if there's any update on how you like the program
(11-07-2019, 05:13 PM)raycathode Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 07:18 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 08:50 AM)fingerscrossedx2 Wrote: Update: Received my acceptance email this morning. Thanks a ton to everyone that offered advice!

Wondering if there's any update on how you like the program
So far I have completed two of the required 10 courses and the program has been great so far. I am taking things slow as I have a ton of things going on (work and home). $950 per course, great feedback from professors; 7 week classes, completely online, relevant topics ... It's a win in my book!
Fingerscrossed, now that some more time has passed, can you share how your experience has been? I'm considering applying for this program and would love to hear more details about your classes and how you're juggling them while also working. Thanks!
(04-15-2020, 04:02 PM)mcoryb Wrote: Fingerscrossed, now that some more time has passed, can you share how your experience has been? I'm considering applying for this program and would love to hear more details about your classes and how you're juggling them while also working. Thanks!
Hi!! I am finishing up my 5th class and I have to say that it has been easier than most undergrad courses I have completed.  I have to admit that I started with the electives just to ensure I was dedicated. I picked classes that interested me as opposed to taking them just because they are required. I am on a plan to completed the program in January of 2021. I only take two courses per term and they are 7 weeks each (not running concurrently). I could have signed up for more classes, but I am stuck on a schedule dictated by my tuition reimbursement. This experience has me actually looking at following this degree with a second master's in Criminal Justice. I might go the Walden route next time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUNY Buffalo State : 15 credits transfer Msc Multidisciplinary Studies durain 6 1,077 11-17-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South Ural State Univesity - Russia Online Master durain 9 992 11-16-2023, 07:56 AM
Last Post: durain
  Emporia State MBA IS & MSIT - AACSB Dual Degree bjcheung77 2 1,468 10-15-2023, 12:57 AM
  Boston U, Mississippi State, or Auburn joshua27 22 1,444 09-19-2023, 03:22 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Lightbulb Idaho State University Courses Learningnow 9 1,102 08-22-2023, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Courcelles
  Anyone know anything about Arkansas State Online? Also have a question about doctorat Randyb100 7 1,165 03-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: siersema
  Arkansas State U : Master in AI ML, Business Analytics, Cloud & Cyber durain 2 844 02-21-2023, 03:12 PM
  Henderson State U AACSB MBA, GMAT waived durain 3 545 02-21-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Colorado State University Pueblo MBA LevelUP 0 446 12-16-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: LevelUP