Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal Achieved: 20 Grad. English Credits/Harvard Poetry Series Complete
The grades for the latest round of Harvard University Extension Poetry in America Series courses posted and I have now completed all of the courses and achieved my goal of 18 graduate credits (actually 20) so that I can now teach English at the college level or dual enrollment classes at the high school level.

Whoo Hoo!

I ended up with four A minuses and one straight up A.  I appreciate Harvard University, Professor Elisa New and the hard working teaching assistants for providing this opportunity.

Now it is time to add a line to my footer.  Smile
(05-28-2019, 06:40 PM)eriehiker Wrote: The grades for the latest round of Harvard University Extension Poetry in America Series courses posted and I have now completed all of the courses and achieved my goal of 18 graduate credits (actually 20) so that I can now teach English at the college level or dual enrollment classes at the high school level.

Whoo Hoo!

I ended up with four A minuses and one straight up A.  I appreciate Harvard University, Professor Elisa New and the hard working teaching assistants for providing this opportunity.

That is AWESOME!!!!!! I'm sure you can annotate like a rock-star!! Smile The dual enrollment kids will be lucky to have you. Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • eriehiker
And at such a good price!

Congrats.

Congratulations for a job well done!  

I am finished as well!  I ended up with 2 A's and 3 A-'s.  I enjoyed it, but I think I am going to enjoy taking the summer off from classes.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 2 users Like hsfamfun's post:
  • eriehiker, triforce828
(05-28-2019, 06:40 PM)eriehiker Wrote: The grades for the latest round of Harvard University Extension Poetry in America Series courses posted and I have now completed all of the courses and achieved my goal of 18 graduate credits (actually 20) so that I can now teach English at the college level or dual enrollment classes at the high school level.

Whoo Hoo!

Dumb question? You need X credits (at least) to be able to teach at the college level...not an MA/MS or Grad Certificate? Sound great, but where can I find this information myself?
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
(05-29-2019, 02:44 PM)dewisant Wrote:

Whoo Hoo!

Dumb question? You need X credits (at least) to be able to teach at the college level...not an MA/MS or Grad Certificate? Sound great, but where can I find this information myself?

You need a Master's, but it doesn't have to be in the subject you want to teach. You can have an unrelated Master's and 18 grad credits in the subject you want to teach.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • dewisant
http://www.scf.edu/Academics/FacultyCert...efault.asp

This is the best guide that I have seen about what is generally necessary to teach at the college level or as a non-AP dual enrollment teacher.

https://www.memphis.edu/lead/pdfs/so-you...er-edu.pdf

http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/index.php
[-] The following 3 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • dewisant, Imbanewbie, natshar

Whoo Hoo!

Awesome accomplishment!  Congrats!
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 300 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,180 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,346 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Strategies to aquire 18 credits and teach jb111 5 389 02-05-2024, 02:00 AM
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,274 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Master's or PhD in Linguistics/Education/English Mister Linguist 16 2,072 12-10-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  SUNY Buffalo State : 15 credits transfer Msc Multidisciplinary Studies durain 6 1,077 11-17-2023, 05:23 PM