Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest calculus exam?
I think I'm going to fail Study.com Calculus by a half a percentage point. Where is the easiest place to take Calculus? Besides the CLEP.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Study.com is as easiest as you can get. Just practice man and don't be lazy. Take your time and work through the rules and you will pass. You can supplement study.com with khan academy and straighterline calculus. The key is to get different perspectives. Before you take it again I HIGHLY recommend you look at these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9t-u87d...EA64E2C318

There is no "half assing" calculus. Just practice and learn take a month of just practicing questions and you'll pass easily.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • CableGuy98
(06-01-2019, 10:47 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Study.com is as easiest as you can get. Just practice man and don't be lazy. Take your time and work through the rules and you will pass. You can supplement study.com with khan academy and straighterline calculus. The key is to get different perspectives. Before you take it again I HIGHLY recommend you look at these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9t-u87d...EA64E2C318

There is no "half assing" calculus. Just practice and learn take a month of just practicing questions and you'll pass easily.

The problem with the Study.com course is the scope of it. I was doing better on the practice exams, so I thought I was ready because I only needed ~60%, but I missed the exam score by 1 question! If I would have gotten one extra question right, this wouldn't be an issue. It's meant for 6 credits of Calculus and I've worked very hard on it, but I am having trouble remembering everything. There are also a few things that I'm struggling to remember for more than two days.

So, I don't want to spend another ~$70. I might try to do the Saylor course instead, but I think that test will be harder. I thought there might be cheaper alternative somewhere else.
OnlineDegree

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Sometimes the answer is to just go back, do it over again and get the last point. That's what I had to do with the Straighterline programming class. I missed by a couple of points and just had to go back and do the class again. It sucks. Saylor is almost never the answer.
Did you already max out your points on the quizzes? I.e. are there any that you haven't used all 3 attempts and don't yet have a perfect score?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-01-2019, 01:34 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Did you already max out your points on the quizzes? I.e. are there any that you haven't used all 3 attempts and don't yet have a perfect score?

Yes, I redid about 30 quizzes and it didn't shift my grade because there are so many quizzes. An extra 30 points can be nothing.

(06-01-2019, 01:33 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Sometimes the answer is to just go back, do it over again and get the last point.  That's what I had to do with the Straighterline programming class.  I missed by a couple of points and just had to go back and do the class again.  It sucks.  Saylor is almost never the answer.

That's what I was afraid someone would say. I may just do that in the end.
OnlineDegree

Study

Saylor.org
What's wrong with Straighterline? There are fewer quizzes.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
@sanantone I did about 50% if the straighterline calculus, the content is good but the questions dont line up with the content.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I agree, SDC’s Calculus feels relatively easier. I started with Saylor, and changed to SDC half way as I found myself progressing through the lessons very slowly. Saylor course materials always tend to be voluminous. I also found their practice problems to be a little confusing. Khan academy was very helpful in reinforcing some Calculus concepts. My suggestion would be to identify your weak areas, use khan academy for those concepts alone, and attempt SDC calculus exam once again.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calculus 3 - Need A Source dharmastudios 21 3,736 03-08-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,196 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,124 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 940 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 660 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Cheapest? Easiest? RA degree(s) in USA? omicreativedev 18 1,934 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 890 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,065 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,151 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,388 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha