Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Python Programming - TESU
Hey all,

Not sure if everybody knows this already but I received confirmation that Python Programming does indeed transfer into TESU as COS 205. So it's basically possible to complete your Computer Science degree almost entirely through Study.com.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ghwang808's post:
  • saraholson
Good news. I'll be doing mine through WGU because TESU won't let you get more than 2 Bachelor's but I'm sure there are alot of people here who wouldn't mind knocking out a CS degree on Study.com in a month or two
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Haha I would love to see someone knock out that degree in a month or two with all assignments (no skipping to half-ass a pass) and all the math courses as well as the cap study.com has to finishing no more than 5 courses ..lol

I think 6 months is more likely for someone who has extensive experience programming and is mathematically inclined. Cater time for the CS core courses then additional time for the cornerstone and capstone. I think 6 mths to a year is more realistic. Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, Computer Architecture and Data Structures all require at least 2-3 months to complete.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • bluebooger
Do you mean to say that Calculus and Discrete Math EACH take 2-3 months?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Wow I believe I said all yah?

Did you do eng comp I and II?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

With working full time, family, and school I honestly don't know how anyone can complete more than 4 or 5 a month. I'm going to try to shoot for 3 or possibly 4 in 30 days but we will see. I'm also in the middle of moving and selling my house! Super stressed out about that right now. I need 9 classes to complete in study.com and 1 at TESU unless if anybody knows where I can take AI elsewhere that's like Study.com. Although, if you are on vacation or taking a break from family and working, I see it being possible to complete 5 courses for each month if you are motivated and have the resources, thus being able to finish up the remainder of the degree in that alotted timeframe
Your sentence was (and still is) ambiguous. In this context, all could mean either "each" or "combined".

A word of advice: if you must act like you're smarter than everyone else, at least be right.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-12-2019, 10:23 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: Good news. I'll be doing mine through WGU because TESU won't let you get more than 2 Bachelor's but I'm sure there are alot of people here who wouldn't mind knocking out a CS degree on Study.com in a month or two

Nice! 3 Bachelor's degrees? What are your other 2 degrees in? What's next after WGU?
A heads up for anyone interested in taking this class. Even though the required assignments page for this course states that you can submit your assignment as a PDF you should not. If you submit your assignment as a PDF you will automatically fail.
I have been programming with python for 7 years now. This assignment uses introductory level python skills.
The grader gave me a 36 on the assignment making claims about how my code showed syntax errors in JDoodle (the use of this internet based IDE is never mentioned on the assignment page). The grader also stated that my code would not compile, which makes it immediately obvious that they have no clue about python. Python is not a compiled language. It is an interpreted language (for those of you that already know more about this topic, yes I understand bytecode, but the grader did not reference this).
The only way I could fathom that the code had syntax issues was if it was copied and pasted incorrectly, so I copied and pasted from my submitted PDF to Jdoodle. Low and behold, it removes all indentations, so YES there will be issues with the code running.
I emailed support about this issue and they said they would reach out to the grader. The grader responded with a message that in summary stated how there is no way for them to know if I actually understand the formatting of python if the copy and paste into JDoodle doesn't show it (even though the format can be seen just by looking at the submission).
I think study.com pushed these CS courses out too quickly. The graders don't know what they're doing and it shows.
Okay.. Rant over.
Best of luck future prospects of this course.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • neutrino
(12-17-2019, 10:37 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote: A heads up for anyone interested in taking this class. Even though the required assignments page for this course states that you can submit your assignment as a PDF you should not. If you submit your assignment as a PDF you will automatically fail.
I have been programming with python for 7 years now. This assignment uses introductory level python skills.
The grader gave me a 36 on the assignment making claims about how my code showed syntax errors in JDoodle (the use of this internet based IDE is never mentioned on the assignment page). The grader also stated that my code would not compile, which makes it immediately obvious that they have no clue about python. Python is not a compiled language. It is an interpreted language (for those of you that already know more about this topic, yes I understand bytecode, but the grader did not reference this).
The only way I could fathom that the code had syntax issues was if it was copied and pasted incorrectly, so I copied and pasted from my submitted PDF to Jdoodle. Low and behold, it removes all indentations, so YES there will be issues with the code running.
I emailed support about this issue and they said they would reach out to the grader. The grader responded with a message that in summary stated how there is no way for them to know if I actually understand the formatting of python if the copy and paste into JDoodle doesn't show it (even though the format can be seen just by looking at the submission).
I think study.com pushed these CS courses out too quickly. The graders don't know what they're doing and it shows.
Okay.. Rant over.
Best of luck future prospects of this course.

Aside from the issue turning in the assignment, how do you rate the course? Would an inexperienced beginner be able to learn python? Does it cover the fundamentals? Asking for my teen son. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,321 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,673 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue