Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reminder to check ACE dates!
I am just posting a reminder (especially for newbies like me) to double check the dates that an ACE course expires before you start!!! I just had my son cram through Shmoop US history 2 just to find that it expired a week ago. Sigh.

Good news is he is one of the few that loved Shmoop and said he learned more in that class than he has ever learned in any other class he's ever taken. I will just be happy with that and now go have him review it in Modern States and take the clep I suppose.
[-] The following 2 users Like walkingbyfaith's post:
  • akr680, Muldoon
(06-12-2019, 12:53 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: I am just posting a reminder (especially for newbies like me) to double check the dates that an ACE course expires before you start!!! I just had my son cram through Shmoop US history 2 just to find that it expired a week ago. Sigh.

Good news is he is one of the few that loved Shmoop and said he learned more in that class than he has ever learned in any other class he's ever taken. I will just be happy with that and now go have him review it in Modern States and take the clep I suppose.

Thanks for the information. After we transfer to ACE, how long the credits are valid?
------------------

(06-12-2019, 12:58 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 12:53 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: I am just posting a reminder (especially for newbies like me) to double check the dates that an ACE course expires before you start!!! I just had my son cram through Shmoop US history 2 just to find that it expired a week ago. Sigh.

Thanks for the information. After we transfer to ACE, how long the credits are valid?

They are valid forever.  The acceptance age may vary depending on the college (which is generally forever as far as the Big3 are concerned).   You just need to complete the course while they were valid for them to be worth credit.  I'll add that you should also always add your ACE approved courses to your ACE transcript, even if you plan on sending the transcripts free directly from the provider when that is an option (as it is with Straighterline and Study.com), so you have a permanent record of them (even if a provider is no more in the future).

@walkingbyfaith - I'd keep checking with ACE on it, sometimes the renewal period takes a few weeks to reappear. I'd be very surprised if Shmoop is not working towards that course remaining ACE approved.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • akr680, pws
(06-12-2019, 01:32 PM)allvia Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 12:58 PM)akr680 Wrote:

They are valid forever.  The acceptance age may vary depending on the college (which is generally forever as far as the Big3 are concerned).   You just need to complete the course while they were valid for them to be worth credit.  I'll add that you should also always add your ACE approved courses to your ACE transcript, even if you plan on sending the transcripts free directly from the provider when that is an option (as it is with Straighterline and Study.com), so you have a permanent record of them (even if a provider is no more in the future).

- WOW, thats great. Thanks
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Update: No More End Dates sophia UX 10 2,294 09-16-2021, 07:42 PM
Last Post: NC Coach
  Check out Sophia Badges.. Dorothy44 14 1,845 02-08-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  ACE vs Parchment transcript (grades and dates) wheresbes 5 1,203 09-08-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Study.com Completion Dates natshar 2 817 08-06-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone care to check my TESU BSBA plan? Brownie82 2 1,411 04-25-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Brownie82
  Aleks Initial assessment ACE knowledge check sambeaux 2 1,576 01-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: sambeaux
  Warning - Check ACE Expire Dates Before you purchase a course DIGI-212 4 1,851 09-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Last Post: DIGI-212