Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy
looks like I better get on this. Judging by the policy update issued by TESU, starting July 1 I am guessing they will not allow this course to count as quantative
(06-18-2019, 10:27 AM)kevro64 Wrote: looks like I better get on this. Judging by the policy update issued by TESU, starting July 1 I am guessing they will not allow this course to count as quantative

What change that they are making would make you think this course wouldn't count for Quantitative Literacy?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
@kevro64 I think you mixed up quantitative literacy with information literacy.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • suzycupcake
ACE TESU  armstrongsubero@kevro64 I think you mixed up quantitative literacy with information literacy.

It does count as quantitative 

https://csmlearn.com/solutions/individuals

(06-18-2019, 12:02 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 10:27 AM)kevro64 Wrote: looks like I better get on this. Judging by the policy update issued by TESU, starting July 1 I am guessing they will not allow this course to count as quantative

What change that they are making would make you think this course wouldn't count for Quantitative Literacy?

they are reviewing all ACE credit providers. The good news is CSMLearn is only one of two approved. Study.com has not yet been approved, I am done with study.com in any case. The remainder of my credits will be CLEP, Uexcel, TESU and Dine College (it is accredited, online, affordable and transferable). CLEP, DSST are not changing. ACE providers are all under review.https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory
@kevro64 Oh I know it counts, I only said that cause of this statement you made of it not counting as you cant transfer in information literacy anymore.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Caliokiegirl
(06-18-2019, 12:54 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
@kevro64 Oh I know it counts, I only said that cause of this statement you made of it not counting as you cant transfer in information literacy anymore.

ha! I am working on logic statements right now! better double check my work! Big Grin
The platform sounds awesome. I hope they come up with something that would fulfill the TESU BSBA College Algebra requirement. I don't need electives so I can't use the credits.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
(06-19-2019, 10:42 PM)Muldoon Wrote: The platform sounds awesome. I hope they come up with something that would fulfill the TESU BSBA College Algebra requirement. I don't need electives so I can't use the credits.

depends what your BSBA concentration is? The CSM Learn course does count as Quantitative Business Analysis at TESU. Then you could skip algebra and take statistics instead of algebra. I believe that meets your quantitative and math requirements. If this God send of a course (CSM) did not come along I would have taken Straighter line statistics. No easy pass but at least at Straighterline if you do well on your unit tests it gives you have a little wiggle room on the proctored final.   This mathphobe LOVES CSM! Welcome to modern learning theory! I actually look forward to logging into  the challenge of CSM everyday. Makes math fun(ish)!
Will this class satisfy the BALS math requirement??

Oh God please say yes .....

edited to add that I see it says this about TESU:
BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers

can be used to satisfy 3 credits of the general education Quantitative Literacy requirement, the general education Natural Sciences requirement, a Statistics requirement, the general education Intellectual or Practice Skills requirement, or as a general education elective.

either way I could use this as a Gen Ed elective but it would be FABULOUS if this could satisfy BALS req.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
suzycupcake Wrote:Will this class satisfy the BALS math requirement??

Oh God please say yes .....

edited to add that I see it says this about TESU:
BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers

can be used to satisfy 3 credits of the general education Quantitative Literacy requirement, the general education Natural Sciences requirement, a Statistics requirement, the general education Intellectual or Practice Skills requirement, or as a general education elective.

either way I could use this as a Gen Ed elective but it would be FABULOUS if this could satisfy BALS req.

YES, it does!  If ALEKS isn't your flavor, then CSMLearn can be!  That's the only "Math" requirement in the BALS! 
In your quoted text above... It states can be used to satisfy 3 credits of the general education Quantitative Literacy requirement.  
You can also check TESU BALS link, there is no mention of math but Quantitative Literacy: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • CSMlearn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Algebra and fast petethejuggler 12 1,467 09-21-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CSM Learn BSLIONS 7 1,494 08-13-2022, 11:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Straighterline course: Quantitative Reasoning MNomadic 2 940 06-25-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia: U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future Kab 18 2,466 06-24-2021, 12:30 AM
Last Post: DNMO
Thumbs Up CSM Learn Discount for 3 HighSchoolDropOut 9 1,387 05-11-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: NC Coach
  Fast 1 Credit Lab Option ashkir 9 1,458 04-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  CSM Learn discount code rachel83az 12 2,680 02-20-2021, 03:44 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How fast are assignments graded on Study.com now? bjcheung77 10 1,584 01-12-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TEEX 10cr- how fast will it take to complete? jembig 7 1,049 11-18-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  CSM Learn nilahti2 2 958 09-10-2020, 05:03 PM
Last Post: nilahti2