Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of these courses which can I complete from Straighterline/Saylor for WGU before July?
Sad 
I'm in a hell of a time crunch and I need to know which two classes I can finish within the time frame stated. My counselor pulled a 180 on my admittance decision and now I am left with this current predicament. I have all the time of the world for during this time frame and better yet the dedication for it. 

Here's the list.

Straighterline Choices
United States History I - USHIST101
Organizational Behavior - BUS120
Business Law - BUS110
Business Ethics - BUS106
Managerial Accounting - ACC150
Business Statistics - MAT150

Saylor Choices
Organizational Behavior*BUS209
Business Law *BUS205
Principles of Finance *BUS202
Applied Algebra *MA005
Information Systems Management *BUS206
I'd say go with Business Ethics and Org Behavior on StraighterLine. I find the SL format very stress free.

You could also try the Business Law and Information Systems CLEP with the Modern States voucher if you wanna save some bucks.
For prospective students to WGU - I would say take 4 StraighterLine courses for almost FREE!
See link: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

Side note: You can also apply for a StraighterLine scholarship, worth $2000 over 4 terms.
Even if you finish in 1 term, ALL your fees from StraighterLine is paid for and you get a cheaper term!

"Students need a minimum grade of 70% to be eligible to transfer courses from StraighterLine to Western Governors University- College of Business. Please contact WGU Advisors at 1.866.225.5948 for any questions.

The tuition credit is $50 per course for the first four (4) StraighterLine courses transferred upon admission to WGU ($200 maximum). To qualify, courses must be (1) completed before his or her first term of enrollment at WGU and (2) eligible for transfer to WGU. WGU applies the tuition credit to the student's first-term tuition bill at WGU."
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Go for US history I and business ethics at SL. I signed up for org behaviour at SL and did like 60% the material isnt too easy...I ending up getting it changed...
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

As I mentioned, I would just choose the first 4 StraighterLine courses you have and completed all 4, 2 days each at most. You'll be done in time. Each of these have open book final exams for the Business courses, and the US History I is closed book, but you can take US History II as that is open book! I actually had the same percentage on the both courses, an 84% and 85% respectively, I didn't even bother with the open book for most exams, but some do like to get an "A". I just go for the credits but sometimes shoot for the A if I can.

Anyways, if you do go for the four courses, it'll cost you the following.
$99 for 1 month of subscription, get $50 off with a coupon - $49.
Get one course for $59, another for $59, get $50 coupon = $68
Get the final course free if you can use up another coupon or pay $59 if you can't find one
Total = $117 if you use all coupons, or $176 if you can't get the final coupon
If you transfer all 4 to WGU, you get $200 off the first term = FREE SL COURSES that can be done in 1 day
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • alab21
(06-20-2019, 11:39 AM)withrown Wrote: I'd say go with Business Ethics and Org Behavior on StraighterLine. I find the SL format very stress free.

You could also try the Business Law and Information Systems CLEP with the Modern States voucher if you wanna save some bucks.

Multiple people on Reddit have also mentioned Business Ethics and Org Behavior, I'll most likely be taking those two and US History. Thanks for the input! Unfortunately, I don't live in the states and no longer have base access so any sort of CLEP is out the window.
(06-20-2019, 12:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For prospective students to WGU - I would say take 4 StraighterLine courses for almost FREE!  
See link: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

Side note: You can also apply for a StraighterLine scholarship, worth $2000 over 4 terms.
Even if you finish in 1 term, ALL your fees from StraighterLine is paid for and you get a cheaper term!

"Students need a minimum grade of 70% to be eligible to transfer courses from StraighterLine to Western Governors University- College of Business. Please contact WGU Advisors at 1.866.225.5948 for any questions.

The tuition credit is $50 per course for the first four (4) StraighterLine courses transferred upon admission to WGU ($200 maximum). To qualify, courses must be (1) completed before his or her first term of enrollment at WGU and (2) eligible for transfer to WGU. WGU applies the tuition credit to the student's first-term tuition bill at WGU."
This is the email that WGU sent me to just add more to what you wrote. 

Quote:I enjoyed speaking with you about WGU’s partnership with StraighterLine. WGU has established this partnership to help you complete your college entrance pre-requisites and then easily transition into your selected WGU degree program. 

By starting with StraighterLine you will gain experience and build your confidence as you complete general education college courses online. 

Choose from a variety of courses outlined in the Course Equivalency Guide for your degree path: Business College, College of Health Professions, College of Information Technology, or Teacher’s College. Upon successful completion, these courses are guaranteed to transfer and count towards your WGU degree! 

StraighterLine courses are already competitively priced, and because we are partners, WGU can pass along additional savings. Courses start at just $59 and we’ll offer you $50 off your first course! Whether you finish your course(s) in one month or more, you’ll benefit from this special offer: 

When you’ve successfully completed your general education courses, and been admitted to WGU, the savings will continue: 
Receive a $100 Straighterline course refund if two courses are transferred (or a $200 course refund if four or more courses are transferred) 
If you transfer four or more courses from StraighterLine to WGU, you’ll be eligible to apply for the WGU StraighterLine Scholarship, valued at up to $2,000 

If you are interested in learning more about StraighterLine, we encourage you to call a StraighterLine Advisor at 1-877-989-7499. To get started right away, click here. 

And don't forget to use referral code WGUSL50 to save $50 on your first StraighterLine course! 

(06-20-2019, 01:08 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Go for US history I and business ethics at SL. I signed up for org behaviour at SL and did like 60% the material isnt too easy...I ending up getting it changed...
For sure I'll be doing US History, what did you find that wasn't "too easy?" It seems like I have to just bite my lip and take it.
(06-20-2019, 06:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: As I mentioned, I would just choose the first 4 StraighterLine courses you have and completed all 4, 2 days each at most.  You'll be done in time.  Each of these have open book final exams for the Business courses, and the US History I is closed book, but you can take US History II as that is open book!  I actually had the same percentage on the both courses, an 84% and 85% respectively, I didn't even bother with the open book for most exams, but some do like to get an "A".  I just go for the credits but sometimes shoot for the A if I can.

Anyways, if you do go for the four courses, it'll cost you the following.
$99 for 1 month of subscription, get $50 off with a coupon - $49.
Get one course for $59, another for $59, get $50 coupon = $68
Get the final course free if you can use up another coupon or pay $59 if you can't find one
Total = $117 if you use all coupons, or $176 if you can't get the final coupon
If you transfer all 4 to WGU, you get $200 off the first term = FREE SL COURSES that can be done in 1 day

I've been reading through this link to figure out which courses I can finish faster and with an ease of mind with an open book final 
https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/

This is what I have in mind FROM straigterline so far, I'll be doing more research to find one more class from straighterline. What's your experience with Business law?
You could always start by taking the practice finals for all 5 courses at Saylor, and if you pass 2, then take the proctored finals. That will get you done in a day.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just an update!

I took US Hist / Org Behaviour/ Business Law/Ethics, they turned out to be quite easy. I got 1 A and 3 B's. Thanks all!
[-] The following 2 users Like jonahh's post:
  • alab21, BrighterFuture88
(07-17-2019, 10:19 AM)jonahh Wrote: Just an update!

I took US Hist / Org Behaviour/ Business Law/Ethics, they turned out to be quite easy. I got 1 A and 3 B's. Thanks all!

Congrats!  All done on SL?  Was the overall cost reasonable?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(07-17-2019, 12:23 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 10:19 AM)jonahh Wrote: Just an update!

Congrats!  All done on SL?  Was the overall cost reasonable?

Overall the cost was about 300ish but WGU will be giving back 500 as a "scholarship" for the next term, which would be applied to my masters. So I would say, yes, it's quite worth it since as the previous poster indicated it pays off anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,576 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 299 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat