Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Intro
Hello everyone. I've been a member of the other forum for a few years and only found this group a few months back. I've been a quiet lurker and finally registered. I didn't see a specific section to post new member introductions so I hope this will do. 

My name's Arthur, I'm 27, living in Miami Florida. I'm currently a K-8 physical education teacher and a volleyball coach.

I have always enjoyed school and learning in general. I have had so many different interests growing up that it was difficult to focus on just one thing. You ever click on a YouTube video that you want to watch and then see a recommended video on the side that you want to watch more so you click on that and then the process just repeats itself? Well that is my life, always studying and researching something and moving on to something new sometime later. 

I earned a BA in physical education from Kean University the traditional way in 2014 and an MEd from Franklin Pierce University in 2016 in curriculum and instruction the semi-online way. I say this because I worked on campus and was there physically everyday. However, I did everything for the degree online. So I got the experience of being physically on campus while completing the degree fully online. I then just earned my MS in health and human performance this past May from Fort Hays State University completely online. 

It has been a goal of mine to earn a doctorate as well. So I'm excited to say that I will be starting the brand new EdD in applied learning sciences from the University of Miami in a few weeks. It is the school's first online doctorate and I'm happy to be part of the first cohort. 

Lastly, I know the world record for most college degrees stands at 29 right now. That only means that I have a lifelong goal to work towards. If I can stay in school forever, I'll be happy.  

P.S. Anyone know how I can update my signature? I can't seem to find it.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArthurLK11's post:
  • eriehiker, Life_One
Welcome, Arthur!

Go see a shrink now while you still can.  This is a sickness that some of us have been battling now for a decade. Big Grin  At age 27 and wanting to beat the record of 29 you have it bad. Wink  Your wallet and personal life will never be the same.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Welcome and congratulations on all of your achievements thus far!  

To change your signature you will see a very small "avatar" on the top left of your screen under the "welcome back...." in black.  Click on that.  On the next screen, you will see a "your profile" section on the left.  In that menu, you will be able to edit your signature.  Hope this helps.
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)