Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Pharmacology 103
Hi there, have any users taken this course being offered from Straighterline online? I am yet to take an exam yet, just a bit concerned about the exams/final as it seems this is a blend of a prior 101 and 102 course. Any information provided would be appreciated, thanks
Traveling right now or I’d direct link you to my review of it (maybe just search pharmacology and it’ll come up) - I took this course and my saving grace was that you can use a page of typed notes (front and back). I used size 4 font and had all of my Q and A from the exams and midterm on it. I think the questions on the final were easier than the ones on the exams and midterm. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • cookderosa
Thumbs Up 
Hello, 

I recently took Pharm 103 through Straighterline. My suggestions are to watch the presentations that are included for each Chapter & make notes as you study for that topic/chapter. Answer the Chapter Review questions and utilize the book when you take the quizzes. There is a lot of information but if you read the material along with the presentations, you will do great. I finished the course within a few weeks and scored a high B average. There Is also tutoring with membership through Straighterline. You are allowed to retake the quizzes 3 times, but have to wait the next day to take them. 
Good Luck & hope this information helps! Smile
(07-03-2021, 03:06 PM)Egap123 Wrote: Hello, 

I recently took Pharm 103 through Straighterline. My suggestions are to watch the presentations that are included for each Chapter & make notes as you study for that topic/chapter. Answer the Chapter Review questions and utilize the book when you take the quizzes. There is a lot of information but if you read the material along with the presentations, you will do great. I finished the course within a few weeks and scored a high B average. There Is also tutoring with membership through Straighterline. You are allowed to retake the quizzes 3 times, but have to wait the next day to take them. 
Good Luck & hope this information helps! Smile

You commented on a thread from 2 years ago. They can't possible be still taking the class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • cpoteraske
(07-03-2021, 03:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You commented on a thread from 2 years ago. They can't possible be still taking the class.

A scary thought just popped into my head: what if he/she IS still taking it?

I know a lady who's working on an Associate degree. No big deal, right? Lots of people are. Thing is, according to her, she started in 1998.

You just never know, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • jch
(07-08-2021, 04:02 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 03:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You commented on a thread from 2 years ago. They can't possible be still taking the class.

A scary thought just popped into my head: what if he/she IS still taking it?

I know a lady who's working on an Associate degree. No big deal, right? Lots of people are. Thing is, according to her, she started in 1998.

You just never know, lol.

That would be a wicked EXPENSIVE class! 2 years of fees? Yikes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • eLearner
Is she only taking 1 class a year? Yikes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • eLearner
(07-08-2021, 04:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote: That would be a wicked EXPENSIVE class! 2 years of fees? Yikes!

(07-08-2021, 04:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Is she only taking 1 class a year? Yikes.

Hahaha. Nah, she just dropped out a bunch of times and kept stopping for years and restarting... then stopping again. Personally, I think she's never going to make it, but I've never been one to tell people to stop going after something they say they want so I don't discourage her. I did try to help her with some online solutions, she won't do it, so, here she is 23 years and still working toward that Associate degree in GENERAL STUDIES :-(
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az
@eLearner - Just a thought - She can finish the degree at Pierpont, basically, if she has 12 RA credits already, transfer all those RA credits and finish with Sophia.org... It'll be an Associates of Applied Science, it's much better than just an Associates in General Studies! I mean, Sophia.org is the way to go to complete those requirements...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • eLearner
(07-08-2021, 04:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @eLearner - Just a thought - She can finish the degree at Pierpont, basically, if she has 12 RA credits already, transfer all those RA credits and finish with Sophia.org... It'll be an Associates of Applied Science, it's much better than just an Associates in General Studies!  I mean, Sophia.org is the way to go to complete those requirements...

Sounds like she's not willing to do that. Some people can be really stubborn. A degree that took forever to finish in-person is clearly superior to all online degrees.  Rolleyes
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • eLearner

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 811 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 606 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,053 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 864 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,267 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,465 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,692 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii
  Straighterline Spanish 1 Amyfaith 5 2,685 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM
  Straighterline Review Goblue34 13 6,430 05-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: vpassenheim
  Straighterline jrg3 0 1,698 03-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: jrg3