Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS is painful..
Hello all,

I've put 21 hours into Aleks College Algebra over the past three days.  I was disappointed to see that my progress is only 30% and 165 topics.  Am I doing something wrong or is it this painfully slow for everyone?

Thanks!
To me your progress is not bad at all. You haven't been doing algebra for year right?
I think there is an option (in your teacher account or something) to force a knowledge test. This way you can test out again and hopefully skip some parts.
Also it is very important to check your exact answer.

If Aleks is not for you there is CSM Learn, there is a lot of good reviews on that course/provider.

Also, you only need 70%.
(08-13-2019, 05:55 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: To me your progress is not bad at all. You haven't been doing algebra for year right?
I think there is an option (in your teacher account or something) to force a knowledge test. This way you can test out again and hopefully skip some parts.
Also it is very important to check your exact answer.

If Aleks is not for you there is CSM Learn, there is a lot of good reviews on that course/provider.

Hi lacussucceed!

I haven't done algebra for more than 20 years haha..  And I've already taken two knowledge tests and it hasn't done anything to my progress chart or percentage.

I have already taken the CSM Learn course but I need the algebra for TESU's BSBA program.

Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • cwendy111
Maybe other algebra resources work better for you, youtube or khan academy.
Only 40% (70% total) left or 28 hours.
Keep going!
It's slow if you're going through the pie, don't do it that way, learn a few items and go through the assessments again. You'll go faster that way when you force an assessment from the master account.

This was back in 2016, the system/view for it may have changed but I recall some others were able to continue trucking onward after forcing an assessment. Once you get 70% or higher, add it to your ACE account.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-13-2019, 07:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's slow if you're going through the pie, don't do it that way, learn a few items and go through the assessments again.  You'll go faster that way when you force an assessment from the master account.  

This was back in 2016, the system/view for it may have changed but I recall some others were able to continue trucking onward after forcing an assessment.  Once you get 70% or higher, add it to your ACE account.

Hey bjcheung77!

I am definitely going through the pie.. piece by painful piece.  It doesn't appear as though there is a way to force any assessments from the master account.

It looks like I may have to go through 70% of the pie before I am able to take the ACE eligible assessment.

Thanks!
I would have gone crazy going through the pie. I always just forced assessments by dropping one class for another and then switching back again. I would just focus on each individual problem in the initial assessment and do it for two or three days. I was in the middle of a school year teaching while I was doing them and I would open a new problem at the beginning of a class period and think about it in the spare moments of a class period. It was always high pressure clicking that submit assessment button at the end of two or three days of work. There has to be a way to force assessments with the revised ALEKS setup?
(08-13-2019, 08:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I would have gone crazy going through the pie.  I always just forced assessments by dropping one class for another and then switching back again.  I would just focus on each individual problem in the initial assessment and do it for two or three days.  I was in the middle of a school year teaching while I was doing them and I would open a new problem at the beginning of a class period and think about it in the spare moments of a class period.  It was always high pressure clicking that submit assessment button at the end of two or three days of work.  There has to be a way to force assessments with the revised ALEKS setup?

Hey eriehiker!

I think the good old days of doing any shortcuts on Aleks are over.  I don't see any way to get around doing 70% of the pie or to force the assessments.  I'm on day 5 now.. 47% of the pie.. 251 topics.. 34 total hours.  Absolutely horrible.

Thanks!
(08-15-2019, 09:38 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 08:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I would have gone crazy going through the pie.  I always just forced assessments by dropping one class for another and then switching back again.  I would just focus on each individual problem in the initial assessment and do it for two or three days.  I was in the middle of a school year teaching while I was doing them and I would open a new problem at the beginning of a class period and think about it in the spare moments of a class period.  It was always high pressure clicking that submit assessment button at the end of two or three days of work.  There has to be a way to force assessments with the revised ALEKS setup?

Hey eriehiker!

I think the good old days of doing any shortcuts on Aleks are over.  I don't see any way to get around doing 70% of the pie or to force the assessments.  I'm on day 5 now.. 47% of the pie.. 251 topics.. 34 total hours.  Absolutely horrible.

Thanks!
There other ways methods that offer college Algebra. Maybe try one of them?
It's finally over!

I completed Aleks College Algebra.  It took me 70 hours over the course of 10 days.

Some things I noticed:
- The initial assessment didn't get me very much of the pie (I'm horrible at math).
- There was a knowledge assessment each day.
- It is possible to lose a percentage of the pie (that was frustrating).
- It was a smart idea to keep notes of the formulas/explanations/examples of anything I had difficulty with.
- I was able choose what sections I wanted to work on.
- The ACE assessment is accessible as soon as 70% progress is achieved but won't open without the lockdown browser.
- The ACE assessment has a 3 hour time limit but is only 30 questions.
- The credits were added to my ACE transcript 15 minutes after I submitted the request.

Now on to Aleks Intro to Statistics for the TESU BSBA.

Thanks!
[-] The following 4 users Like OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • cecilgambe7, cwendy111, Muldoon, tesu-acct-student

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,313 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 619 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,017 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,346 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,024 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,952 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM
  ALEKS stats and Sophia Overap? Edriveless 4 1,227 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM