Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU: BSBA in Accounting/CPA
Hey guys. Currently looking at enrolling in TESU for their accounting program. I really want to get a degree that I can get some type of license for. Currently an LPN and trying to break free from that.  I will post my current guide set up below. How do you guys think it looks? Any suggestions? Also is there a better online school for Accounting that I can test out of and get a Masters in Accounting or Finance there?

PS: I hear people say if you're going to do Business go through WGU. Why is this? Tell me more.

My class guide:
Thomas Edison State University: BSBA in Accounting/CPA
I. General Education Requirements (60)
 A. Intellectual and Practical Skills (15)
  a. Written Communication: CLEP - College Composition (6)
  b. Oral Communication: Study.com - Communications 102 (3)
  c. Quantitative Literacy: CLEP - College Algebra (3)
  d. Information Literacy: TESU - SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy (3)
 B. Civic and Global Learning (9)
  a. Diversity: CLEP - Introductory Sociology (3)
  b. Ethics: Study.com - Business 108 (3)
  c. Civic Engagement: - CLEP: American Government (3)
 C. Knowledge of Human Cultures (9)
  a. CLEP - Humanities (6)
  b. CLEP - Introductory Psychology (3)
 D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World (4-7)
  a. CLEP - Natural Sciences (6)
 E. Mathematics (3)
  a. Study.com - Statistics 101 (3)
 F. General Education Electives (17-20)
  a. Study.com - Accounting 301
  b. Study.com - Accounting 303
  c. Study.com - Finance 301
  d. Study.com - Finance 302
  e. Study.com - Finance 303
  f. Study.com - Finance 304

II. Professional Business Requirements (36)
  a. CLEP - Principles of Financial Accounting (3)
  b. Study.com - Accounting 102 (3)
  c. CLEP - Introductory Business Law (3)
  d. CLEP - Principles of Management (3)
  e. CLEP - Information Systems (3)
  f. CLEP - Principles of Marketing (3)
  g. Study.com - Finance 101 (3)
  h. Study.com - Business 120 (3)
  i. CLEP - Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
  j. CLEP - Principles of Microeconomics (3)
  k. Study.com - Business 113 (3)
  l. TESU - Business Administration Capstone (3)

III. Area of Study: Accounting/CPA (24)
  a. Study.com - Accounting 201 (3)
  b. Study.com - Accounting 202 (3)
  c. Study.com - Accounting 302 (3)
  d. TESU - Advanced Accounting II (3)
  e. TESU - Auditing (3)
  f. TESU - Federal Income Taxation I (3)
  g. TESU - FAM-540: Finance and Accounting for Managers (3)***
  h. TESU - MKM-560: Marketing Management (3)***
***Will Transfer to MS in Management: Accounting program.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU-BSBA-AccountingCPA.pdf (Size: 75.81 KB / Downloads: 12)
Looks like you did your research.

The reason people say WGU is because it is cheaper and could be completed faster if you are a motivated student with time to study. Also, TESU has been making a lot of changes and it frustrating to work with sometimes. Also WGU is easier to use financial aid such as scholarships and grants. However, WGU is for US residents only.

I think some of the accounting courses can be found through alternative means, however, if you take at least 16 credits at TESU you avoid a fee.
(08-14-2019, 03:08 PM)natshar Wrote: Looks like you did your research.

The reason people say WGU is because it is cheaper and could be completed faster if you are a motivated student with time to study. Also, TESU has been making a lot of changes and it frustrating to work with sometimes. Also WGU is easier to use financial aid such as scholarships and grants. However, WGU is for US residents only.

I think some of the accounting courses can be found through alternative means, however, if you take at least 16 credits at TESU you avoid a fee.

Unfortunately I can only take out loans for school, no more grants. Would WGU still be cheaper? Can you explain what you mean about the 16 credits at TSU to avoid a fee thing? Thanks!

EDIT: I see that if I take at least 16 credits at TESU I do not have to pay a $2800 residency waiver fee.
The 16 credits is needed to avoid the residency waiver fee of TESU ($2800).
(08-14-2019, 03:51 PM)rlsyoung Wrote:

Unfortunately I can only take out loans for school, no more grants. Would WGU still be cheaper? Can you explain what you mean about the 16 credits at TSU to avoid a fee thing? Thanks!

EDIT: I see that if I take at least 16 credits at TESU I do not have to pay a $2800 residency waiver fee.

Whether WGU is cheaper without grants depends on how fast you can finish. If you can do it in one term, it's cheaper. If it takes you two, it'll be more expensive.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Is it a must to send all college transcripts? Or can i start a new at TESU, since I will not be using financial aid and I plan to get my master's through them?
(08-14-2019, 03:51 PM)rlsyoung Wrote:

I see you are saying no more grants? Why is that? Do you already have a bachelors degree? Any college credits? That would definitely help you in choosing a school and have less requirements to do.

The Pell Grant is for low-income people, that is the grant I was referring to. There are also various schorapships available through different parties depending on various factors. WGU offers a StraighterLine scholarship that is pretty much automatic if you transfer in 4 StraighterLine courses.

Almost all scholarships aren't available to second bachelors degree candidates.
(08-14-2019, 04:06 PM)rlsyoung Wrote: Is it a must to send all college transcripts? Or can i start a new at TESU, since I will not be using financial aid and I plan to get my master's through them?

They will want your transcripts from all schools prior to allowing you to graduate (it's in the fine print, any new school you'd choose would want them) - also there is no reason not to send them up front, as they do not hurt your GPA at TESU (no impact at all) - and you'd be surprised to find that 'D' you got in 'Something-101' from your local CC a zillion years ago is still good for credit after all.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-14-2019, 04:20 PM)allvia Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 04:06 PM)rlsyoung Wrote: Is it a must to send all college transcripts? Or can i start a new at TESU, since I will not be using financial aid and I plan to get my master's through them?

They will want your transcripts from all schools prior to allowing you to graduate (it's in the fine print, any new school you'd choose would want them) - also there is no reason not to send them up front, as they do not hurt your GPA at TESU (no impact at all) - and you'd be surprised to find that 'D' you got in 'Something-101' from your local CC a zillion years ago is still good for credit after all.

If you already have a bachelors degree you won't have to do any gen eds or electives, you just need the business courses and the accounting ones.

It has no impact on your GPA and you will graduate faster. Depending on the courses done, it will help you decide if you should choose WGU or TESU.

And if you already have a good amount of college credits, you probably won't need the master's degree for CPA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 268 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch