Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics and the CPCU - How Long
I am planning to take this course and trying to estimate how long it will take to cover the material.  I know everyone is different but I am trying to get a rough idea so I can plan accordingly.  

Thanks!
The final exam is a major pain, so make sure you take the time to properly study every detail about CPCU’s. It took me about a week to complete.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
It all depends, don't stress about that course, it's free and unlimited attempts, plus it's open book... It took me two tries and I finished it in a day (like many others, as I had the exam open and the course work/materials open in another monitor).

For the FREE courses and non proctored exams, I highly recommend a second monitor for multi-tasking and reviewing materials such as the electronic textbooks for courses from providers like StraighterLine.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It took me 3 times but im not a native English reader.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
If you are good at tests you can finish it in a few hours or less. It is open book and you get multiple tries.

It took me two tries but I spread thr the two attempts over two weeks. I probably total only spent 8 hours on the course maybe less.
Yup, there are no restrictions for the free credits/open book courses - just log into the application twice. One browser on my laptop to do the test, one browser on the extended monitor to review the course material. You can log into the courses as many times as you want, all the providers allow this. You may want to review their requirements/restrictions just in case.

You just can't have the open materials for proctored exams that do not have an open book policy... like Study.com courses and some selective StraighterLine courses. Here's a list of open book exams from StraighterLine, I took almost all the SL courses there are... I love having a second monitor to have my e-textbook open when doing my own notes too, for review.

Several of the other providers have different proctored exams, some have open book, most don't.
SL Link: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks everyone. I read over the material and did the test and pasted on the first go. I have a real estate license and the ethics part was almost identical.

I did find resource this Quizlet had word for word questions that showed up on my exam. https://quizlet.com/_42p2wd
finished this one in about an hour
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 2,970 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  Teex - How long for Credly badges to show up? nyjosh 14 2,413 05-13-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 333 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,130 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  How long does it take to complete sophia courses? Dudeofflinered1442 15 5,830 07-21-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,037 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92
  Study.com Course with 137 Quizzes taking ridiculously long mohelena02 11 1,891 01-09-2022, 02:29 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  The Institutes - Ethics 312: Missing Acclaim badge question answered BadBradsBBQ 10 1,971 03-25-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  How long does it take.....?? splirow 7 1,267 03-15-2021, 10:45 PM
Last Post: williamskm11
  Long Term Sophia Users, Got a Question TINASAM 7 1,284 03-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts