Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deep learning @ statistics.com
(09-13-2019, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait a minute, if there are no exams, how do you get grades for GPA?  Are these pass/fail courses or competency based courses?  I think these are set at a specific term/time of completion like 16 weeks or whatever.  Hmm, at $480/course of 3 credits with no exams, it may be a pretty good deal as it'll only cost $4800 for the requirements of the degree (no capstone).

They all come in as pass/fail, I need to send them through ACE for TESU to receive it

(09-13-2019, 01:29 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait a minute, if there are no exams, how do you get grades for GPA?  Are these pass/fail courses or competency based courses?  I think these are set at a specific term/time of completion like 16 weeks or whatever.  Hmm, at $480/course of 3 credits with no exams, it may be a pretty good deal as it'll only cost $4800 for the requirements of the degree (no capstone).
I would like to know which course or certification are you taking without exam?

Here are the classes I've completed/almost completed:
Forecasting Analytics
Interactive Data Visualization
Introduction to Network Analysis
Optimization - Linear Programming
Predictive Analytics 2 - Neural Nets and Regression in Python
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

Currently taking the Predictive Analytics 1 and 3 courses and I begin Integer & Nonlinear Programming next week. Still need one more class for my AOS, but I'm not too worried about that for now.
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
(09-13-2019, 01:38 PM)amaquiling Wrote:

They all come in as pass/fail, I need to send them through ACE for TESU to receive it

Forecasting Analytics
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

Currently taking the Predictive Analytics 1 and 3 courses and I begin Integer & Nonlinear Programming next week. Still need one more class for my AOS, but I'm not too worried about that for now.
In your opinion how difficult are the courses? What's the brake down of scoring? What types of assignments are there for grading?
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

(09-15-2019, 03:48 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote:

Forecasting Analytics
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

In your opinion how difficult are the courses? What's the brake down of scoring? What types of assignments are there for grading?

I've gotten by with all these courses pretty fine, and I was taking 4 of them at the same time at one point. It's one assignment per week, a few of the classes also had a Final Project with the fourth assignment. 

The scoring varies, but typically each problem is given a number of points and they're used to calculate your grade overall (e.g. for the Network Analysis course, Assignment 4 was worth 40 points and the final was worth 80 points)

Edit: Also want to note that I use both Python and Excel on almost a daily basis, so if you don't know the basics, then I wouldn't recommend overloading the statistics.com courses because they are accelerated courses!
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
(09-15-2019, 07:54 PM)amaquiling Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 03:48 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote:

Forecasting Analytics
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

I've gotten by with all these courses pretty fine, and I was taking 4 of them at the same time at one point. It's one assignment per week, a few of the classes also had a Final Project with the fourth assignment. 

The scoring varies, but typically each problem is given a number of points and they're used to calculate your grade overall (e.g. for the Network Analysis course, Assignment 4 was worth 40 points and the final was worth 80 points)

Edit: Also want to note that I use both Python and Excel on almost a daily basis, so if you don't know the basics, then I wouldn't recommend overloading the statistics.com courses because they are accelerated courses!

I'm pretty good with python at the moment.  Not an expert but pretty good. I'm looking at the two paths of python vs R.  Knowing that python would be easier for me, but I feel like R would be better for professional use.  Don't have to make that decision for a few months, but I'm working through the planning now.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  TEL Learning Still Operational knaves 5 1,018 03-19-2023, 12:59 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 622 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Business 212 business statistics thepoetvd776 1 748 11-24-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Statistics - options now (quick and easy) allvia 5 1,129 04-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Learning - New membership levels and pricing carrythenothing 26 6,403 04-22-2022, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Mobile App for Learning (on the go) bjcheung77 3 776 01-16-2022, 10:00 AM
Last Post: BitWiseGuy
  Sophia Learning, help me to decide, please. damarisrodri 11 2,128 06-14-2021, 02:32 AM
Last Post: damarisrodri
  Sophia Learning now just $79 Monthly OR $149 YEAR~! Prof.Gringo 77 15,802 11-26-2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Sophia Intro to Statistics dodek101 30 7,599 10-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Last Post: saltyseabastard