Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grand Canyon University
I am considering the DBA program at Grand Canyon University. It seems there are very few online doctoral programs in business that are AACSB and the few that are cost an arm and leg and/or require 10+ years of executive experience. Grand Canyon University has a brick and mortar presence and has ACBSP accreditation at the doctoral level. I am curious if anyone has pursued a bachelors, masters or doctorate from GCU and if so, what was your experience?
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
You received a lot of good suggestions on the other forum. University of the Incarnate Word is a little more expensive, but I think it's the more attractive school. It doesn't have a history of being a for-profit school. They're a Catholic institution, but they're mostly secular. I'm from San Antonio, TX, and UIW has a decent reputation there.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(09-17-2019, 05:50 PM)sanantone Wrote: You received a lot of good suggestions on the other forum. University of the Incarnate Word is a little more expensive, but I think it's the more attractive school. It doesn't have a history of being a for-profit school. They're a Catholic institution, but they're mostly secular. I'm from San Antonio, TX, and UIW has a decent reputation there.

The only issue I have with UIW is that their DBA is not accredited. The highest degree level in which ACBSP has them accredited for is the masters level.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
The DBA is accredited, it just doesn't have secondary programmatic accreditation (i.e. ACBSP)... Which is generally not meaningful outside of academia. Are you planning on being a professor?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(09-17-2019, 04:47 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: I am considering the DBA program at Grand Canyon University. It seems there are very few online doctoral programs in business that are AACSB and the few that are cost an arm and leg and/or require 10+ years of executive experience. Grand Canyon University has a brick and mortar presence and has ACBSP accreditation at the doctoral level. I am curious if anyone has pursued a bachelors, masters or doctorate from GCU and if so, what was your experience?

Hi,  

I am not super familiar with them, but, I think the GCU is moderately respected in the same way North Central University, Capella, Walden, Nova Southeastern, Southern New Hampshire University would be respected for adult education.  If you are going to be in academia, AACSB accreditation matters if you want to teach in a tenured Business Faculty role.  If you teach adjunct part time classes or full time at a less prestigious University, ACBSP accreditation might be accepted.  

Most non-traditional (i.e. limited residency or online) where you can work full time DBA that are AACSB accredited in the USA will cost a lot of money (i.e. $50-100k total cost).  I believe that University of Wisconsin, Whitewater is the least expensive. You might want to look outside of the USA (i.e. Universities in the UK and South Africa (Stellenbosch).  You need to have a research based master's degree for the South African schools.  If you are not required to have AACSB accreditation, check out UNISA in South Africa.  It costs like about $2k a year.

Lastly, I would recommend checking out Univ. of North Carolina, Greensboro PHD in Business Admin. It is AACSB accredited and is limited residency or almost if not all online. I think it is about $45k in total cost. Check out the middle column on the page link "Outside NC". I believe you have to take the GRE and need a master's degree. Please verify all of what I told you for your own.  I might be wrong.

https://online.uncg.edu/phd-in-business-administration

Hope this helps.

EducationSeeker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 230 Today, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,057 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 272 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,454 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,843 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,970 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,310 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,297 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy