Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just found this website today - Seeking Wisdom
[attachment=2968 Wrote:dfrecore pid='298918' dateline='1573072594']WGU is probably the fastest option, and with your experience, you may be able to complete a lot of credits in a short amount of time to get to something like 60-70, then enroll at WGU and slam through your courses quickly.

With the Big 3, you have to take the coursework to get to 114cr, then enroll in the cornerstone and capstone, which will take time.

With all of the degrees, the NUMBER of credits you already have isn't as important as WHERE those credits will fit into a degree plan.  If you took a bunch of math courses, for example, it won't help a ton in any of the degrees (it will help some).  But if you took the right math courses, then that's great, and helpful for all of the degrees (college algebra & stats for instance).

Thank you so much for your wisdom, it has been extremely helpful.  I am feeling WGU may be the way to go.  I received my transfer eval back from them yesterday.  I've attached the eval (hope I did that correctly).  I also had a discussion with a rep from SL and feel that will be my best bet as far as my learning style to get up to 89 before I move on to WGU.  Any additional wisdom would be much appreciated!

Attached Files
.pdf   Transcript_Evaluation_Results.pdf (Size: 39.88 KB / Downloads: 24)
Well, the following is where I would start (for all CLEP exams, use modernstates.org to get a voucher to take the test for free):

Applied Algebra - CLEP or ALEKS College Algebra
Applied Probability and Statistics - DSST, Study.com or Straighterline
Survey of US History - CLEP US History 1 OR 2
Introductory Sociology - CLEP
Ethics in Tech - DSST
Principles of Management - CLEP
Org. Behavior - DSST
Marketing Fundamentals - CLEP Principles of Marketing
Business Law - CLEP
Business Ethics - DSST
Micro/Macroeconomics - CLEP
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

If you complete 4 courses through Straigterline (SL) WGU has a scholarship you would qualify for ($500 per term)
https://www.wgu.edu/financial-aid-tuitio...rline.html

Here is what they have as a transfer agreement SL/WGU: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...niversity/

Here is the link to their courses that shows if their final exam is open book or not.
https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Never2Late2Learn - Is that you BigAl2019? Late reply, have you decided on which school you're going to attend? Is it one of the Big 3 or WGU? In any case, suggestion is to get the most of your credits completed before enrolling in COSC/EC/WGU. In fact, most of the courses you will do will go to the Big 3/WGU without issues. Have you decided on your concentration or are you going for the BSBA General Management concentration?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-13-2019, 09:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Never2Late2Learn - Is that you BigAl2019?  Late reply, have you decided on which school you're going to attend? Is it one of the Big 3 or WGU?  In any case, suggestion is to get the most of your credits completed before enrolling in COSC/EC/WGU.  In fact, most of the courses you will do will go to the Big 3/WGU without issues.  Have you decided on your concentration or are you going for the BSBA General Management concentration?

bjcheung77, Yup it's me!! Even later reply!  The last month has been crazy busy!!  Feel like I'm ready to dive in and get this party started over Christmas break.  I still feel WGU is the way to go.  I've been meaning to reach out to you with one more question before I begin.  My long term goal is to move on and pursue an MBA and even possibly a DBA after knocking out a Bachelors.  My question is, will using SDC/SL to complete my transfer credits in to WGU affect my ability to pursue a MBA from another school?  I've read in a few places, some of those credits come in with only a PASS or FAIL, not a letter grade and can impact being accepted for Masters programs.  Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!
Technically, WGU doesn't give letter grades either. The classes are pass/fail and the transcript says that all passed classes are the equivalent of a "B".
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(12-20-2019, 12:50 PM)Never2Late2Learn Wrote: ...  My question is, will using SDC/SL to complete my transfer credits in to WGU affect my ability to pursue a MBA from another school?  I've read in a few places, some of those credits come in with only a PASS or FAIL, not a letter grade and can impact being accepted for Masters programs.  Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Depends on the program. If you have a particular program in mind, you should contact them now and ask. If you are content to get into "some" MBA program, then I don't think you need to be too concerned.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-20-2019, 01:35 PM)quigongene Wrote: Technically, WGU doesn't give letter grades either. The classes are pass/fail and the transcript says that all passed classes are the equivalent of a "B".

Never2Late2Learn, If you are going towards WGU, I highly recommend them for a "one and done" school. You can get your Bachelors and Masters from WGU, and that skips the "grading requirements" altogether. Especially since you're going for something in one of 4 schools - Business, IT, Education, Nursing.

(12-20-2019, 04:34 PM)davewill Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 12:50 PM)Never2Late2Learn Wrote: ...  My question is, will using SDC/SL to complete my transfer credits in to WGU affect my ability to pursue a MBA from another school?  I've read in a few places, some of those credits come in with only a PASS or FAIL, not a letter grade and can impact being accepted for Masters programs.  Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Depends on the program. If you have a particular program in mind, you should contact them now and ask. If you are content to get into "some" MBA program, then I don't think you need to be too concerned.

You can get the BSBA/MBA combo from them as they are ACBSP accredited, that secondary programmatic accreditation is pretty well regarded (only AACSB schools may be better). For any DBA or doctorate in the business field, you should be able to get into many that are either ACBSP or those that chose not to get additional recognition, schools that are just Regionally Accredited are just fine on their own regards - many local or state colleges and universities just have regional accreditation, it's already the go-to standard...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you all so much!  Your wisdom is invaluable.  I am so grateful!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,071 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 733 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,164 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Website is down? dfrecore 3 601 07-04-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  I Came to College Eager to Debate. I Found Self-Censorship Instead LevelUP 1 658 03-10-2022, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 948 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Stressed & Depressed - today’s high school students Vle045 8 1,052 12-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Seeking alternative credit options Vle045 15 2,165 05-28-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I have found my people. letterchaser202 12 1,835 05-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Seeking Advice on School/Program Regards 8 1,701 10-05-2019, 08:07 AM
Last Post: cookderosa