Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you arrive here?
LOL, Haha...I wonder who Lazarus is... He did a pretty good job giving a quick run down...
His blog hasn't been updated after just one post... Hope he's doing well with his studies though!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
In short, fleeing from traditional education
As a homeschool graduate, I’ve always been used to doing education the “non-traditional” way. After I graduated, I wasn’t really interested in college for many reasons. I ended up going to a weekend presentation by the founders of a program called CollegePlus back when it was relatively new. They talked about a way to do college from home, quickly, and for far less money - which addressed all my concerns about traditional colleges. I signed up and started after the new year. I found out fairly quickly that I had been strongly misled about my particular degree and ended up dropping out of the program. I did learn some valuable things from that short stint though. I found out I did actually enjoy learning and I especially enjoyed throwing myself into one subject for a short time and then being done with it.
From there, I did a lot of entrepreneurial things and never really needed a degree. But I always had it in the back of my mind and almost went back a couple times for different degrees. Fast forward to a year and a half ago and I found myself in a large city on the east coast where status and degrees are incredibly important and where I was being overlooked for the simplest, entry-level jobs. I decided that having a degree would at least check the box that apparently tells employers I’m a half capable human being who is at least able to answer phones and open mail. I started looking for a company (like CollegePlus) to guide me in the process because it seemed overwhelming to plan this by myself, but was still very wary because of my past experience. Someone recommended this forum to me and it has been immeasurably helpful! Just slightly over a year later, I graduated with my Bachelors!
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fema credits arrive 29palms 8 1,013 08-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Last Post: 29palms