Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
External degree validation (i.e. issuing degrees for programs taught by private third parties) by legitimate universities is commonplace in many countries. Remember the case of the University of Wales being dismantled after validating degrees from a bunch of fly-by-night quasi-diploma mills in the UK and abroad.

ENEB claims their programs are validated by Universidad Isabel I, which is a (somewhat questionable, but legitimate) for-profit university accredited by the regional government. (it is in the government accreditation directories) Isabel I lists them as a partner on this page (Spanish only) https://www.ui1.es/centros-colaboradores. Now, regarding the details of this relationship, or how external degree validation even works in Spain, I have no idea, but you can find that out for yourself if you're motivated to explore this. Another thing is to note that Isabel I doesn't seem to offer their own degrees in many of these areas, and it's unclear how they could validate external degrees in those areas.

It would also be (legally) legitimate to provide this offer but require you to finish in, say, 12 months, after which you'd have to pay full tuition. Think of all the possible strings attached that are typically associated with Groupon offers. This kind of offer is ripe for bait-and-switch or deceptive pricing tactics.

Standard disclaimers apply:
- you get what you pay for
- if it seems too good to be true...
- proper institutions don't offer degrees on Groupon
- think critically to a level befitting a master's degree aspirant
- you are responsible for your own bad decisions
- etc.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

(11-13-2019, 05:50 PM)Yanji Wrote: External degree validation (i.e. issuing degrees for programs taught by private third parties) by legitimate universities is commonplace in many countries. Remember the case of the University of Wales being dismantled after validating degrees from a bunch of fly-by-night quasi-diploma mills in the UK and abroad.

ENEB claims their programs are validated by Universidad Isabel I, which is a (somewhat questionable, but legitimate) for-profit university accredited by the regional government. (it is in the government accreditation directories) Isabel I lists them as a partner on this page (Spanish only) https://www.ui1.es/centros-colaboradores. Now, regarding the details of this relationship, or how external degree validation even works in Spain, I have no idea, but you can find that out for yourself if you're motivated to explore this. Another thing is to note that Isabel I doesn't seem to offer their own degrees in many of these areas, and it's unclear how they could validate external degrees in those areas.

It would also be (legally) legitimate to provide this offer but require you to finish in, say, 12 months, after which you'd have to pay full tuition. Think of all the possible strings attached that are typically associated with Groupon offers. This kind of offer is ripe for bait-and-switch or deceptive pricing tactics.

Standard disclaimers apply:
- etc
I'm tempted to be the guinea pig. Anybody know if ECTS credits transfer into the Big 3?
ECTS is just a standardized convention for measuring academic credit, just like semester or quarter hours in the US. 2 ECTS = 1 Semester Hour.
You'd still have to get whatever degree/credits from Europe evaluated by an evaluator like WES or ECE.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

(11-13-2019, 10:44 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm tempted to be the guinea pig. Anybody know if ECTS credits transfer into the Big 3?

Yes, it just needs to go through the regular evaluation process from the preferred agency. Good luck to you.
Oh and search for the $249 Groupon as it'll save you an extra $50 bucks vs the $299 groupon mentioned...

Oh and just for laughs, this is how much it is in Jamaican dollars: https://www.brawtaliving.com/offer/96-of...barcelona/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-14-2019, 11:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 10:44 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm tempted to be the guinea pig. Anybody know if ECTS credits transfer into the Big 3?

Yes, it just needs to go through the regular evaluation process from the preferred agency.  Good luck to you.
Oh and search for the $249 Groupon as it'll save you an extra $50 bucks vs the $299 groupon mentioned...

Oh and just for laughs, this is how much it is in Jamaican dollars:  https://www.brawtaliving.com/offer/96-of...barcelona/
Actually I think there's a distinction. The $249 Groupon gets you an MBA OR a Master's. The $299 price point gets you an MBA AND a Master's. 

There's a reddit thread where someone pulled the trigger: https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/...=post_body
(11-12-2019, 03:10 PM)allvia Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:37 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:34 PM)allvia Wrote: Any degree you can purchase (especially on a Groupon) is not a legitimate or US accredited degree.  Degrees are earned, not bought. This is an offer from a diploma mill.

While I'm also highly suspicious of this based on the price, the page clearly states that you still have to complete the academic program (and that you have 24 months to do so), so it's not a simple diploma mill. I don't know how or if they're accredited (I'm guessing not), but there is more to it than just buying the degree.

A quick search results:
https://complaintwire.org/complaint/75oB...iversity/3
https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ted.23661/
https://eu-business-school.pissedconsume...eview.html

(11-13-2019, 05:50 PM)Yanji Wrote: Standard disclaimers apply:
- etc.

(11-14-2019, 05:33 PM)elbebopkid Wrote:

Yes, it just needs to go through the regular evaluation process from the preferred agency.  Good luck to you.

Oh and just for laughs, this is how much it is in Jamaican dollars:  https://www.brawtaliving.com/offer/96-of...barcelona/
Actually I think there's a distinction. The $249 Groupon gets you an MBA OR a Master's. The $299 price point gets you an MBA AND a Master's. 

There's a reddit thread where someone pulled the trigger: https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/...=post_body

Thanks everyone for the prompt and helpful replies, disclaimers and humor!  I'll steer clear. If anyone does decide to be a guinea pig, let us know!

(11-14-2019, 05:33 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: There's a reddit thread where someone pulled the trigger: https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/...=post_body

I checked out the the reddit thread. We'll have to wait for more follow-up posts on that thread.  Some folks think it's a scam and others say it's legit or possibly legit.  Someone thinks it might be worth the books you get.  One of the skeptics (I think the OP) went from 25% to 50/50. I think that means they are less skeptical (??)

I would like to hear feedback from anyone willing to risk $300.
I bought a package for $299. There are pdf(s) to download and quiz to be solved. What info do you guys wanted to know?
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
I've messaged them asking if the masters certificates have ENEB on them or Universidad Isabel I. I found the latter on the Naric site, so it at least is recognized.
Hoping for a reply soon.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
(11-16-2019, 01:34 AM)MrsBulletPoints Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 03:10 PM)allvia Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:37 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:34 PM)allvia Wrote: Any degree you can purchase (especially on a Groupon) is not a legitimate or US accredited degree.  Degrees are earned, not bought. This is an offer from a diploma mill.

While I'm also highly suspicious of this based on the price, the page clearly states that you still have to complete the academic program (and that you have 24 months to do so), so it's not a simple diploma mill. I don't know how or if they're accredited (I'm guessing not), but there is more to it than just buying the degree.

A quick search results:
https://complaintwire.org/complaint/75oB...iversity/3
https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ted.23661/
https://eu-business-school.pissedconsume...eview.html

(11-13-2019, 05:50 PM)Yanji Wrote: Standard disclaimers apply:
- etc.

(11-14-2019, 05:33 PM)elbebopkid Wrote:

Thanks everyone for the prompt and helpful replies, disclaimers and humor!  I'll steer clear. If anyone does decide to be a guinea pig, let us know!

(11-14-2019, 05:33 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: There's a reddit thread where someone pulled the trigger: https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/...=post_body

I checked out the the reddit thread. We'll have to wait for more follow-up posts on that thread.  Some folks think it's a scam and others say it's legit or possibly legit.  Someone thinks it might be worth the books you get.  One of the skeptics (I think the OP) went from 25% to 50/50. I think that means they are less skeptical (??)

I would like to hear feedback from anyone willing to risk $300.
On a lark, I used a promo code on top of a sale and got the voucher for even less. Now I have to pick a program. I'm leaning toward Big Data because it's a field increasing in importance, I might actually learn something, and it might interest me enough to finish. while I won't be qualified to work as a data scientist, i've found there's real world value in bridging the gap between two worlds. It could theoretically help me in the future in working with a firm that has both a marketing department and a department with data scientists.
I'm also considering Digital Marketing and Corporate Communications because they're in my wheelhouse (but might be redundant since I have relevant work experience that arguably trumps this degree.)
 Then again, a degree in HR could give me fallback opportunities working in HR? 
What do y'all think?

On a side note, they've told me it's self paced, the record for completion is 3 months, they're very clear that you definitely get both an ENEB diploma and a Universidad Isabel I diploma. You could list it on your CV as a Uni. Isabel I master's, and I found a number of people on LinkedIn who appear to have done that.

They sent me an example of instructions for a paper. It's very segmented and pretty direct what they're asking for in the paper, and like WGU, if you segment the paper by the rubric/instructions, you'll probably do alright.
(11-16-2019, 05:32 AM)asianphd Wrote: I bought a package for $299. There are pdf(s) to download and quiz to be solved. What info do you guys wanted to know?

I think it's all self paced, I wonder if someone can get all the work completed and submit to them and have the "degrees" within 3 to 6 months.  I am a quick learner/tester/writer...  I only have a few quick questions, how many modules are there, how many assignments for each module, and how many quizzes?  Is everything open book for quizzes, including the exams?  How many courses are there in total to take for each degree?

(11-16-2019, 08:12 AM)Leedeedee Wrote: I've messaged them asking if the masters certificates have ENEB on them or Universidad Isabel I.  I found the latter on the Naric site, so it at least is recognized.
Hoping for a reply soon.

I noticed they are recognized as well and am somewhat interested in this, however; I am still digging through their "accreditation" as I don't mind a Tier 2/Tier 3 school as long as they are "accredited".  Top Tier schools are too expensive!  And if you're in the US, companies don't really know what "tier" a uni belongs to, they just verify it being accredited or recognized by the countries government.

raycathode Wrote:On a lark, I used a promo code on top of a sale and got the voucher for even less. Now I have to pick a program. I'm leaning toward Big Data because it's a field increasing in importance, I might actually learn something, and it might interest me enough to finish. while I won't be qualified to work as a data scientist, i've found there's real world value in bridging the gap between two worlds. It could theoretically help me in the future in working with a firm that has both a marketing department and a department with data scientists.
I'm also considering Digital Marketing and Corporate Communications because they're in my wheelhouse (but might be redundant since I have relevant work experience that arguably trumps this degree.)
 Then again, a degree in HR could give me fallback opportunities working in HR? 
What do y'all think?

On a side note, they've told me it's self paced, the record for completion is 3 months, they're very clear that you definitely get both an ENEB diploma and a Universidad Isabel I diploma. You could list it on your CV as a Uni. Isabel I master's, and I found a number of people on LinkedIn who appear to have done that.

They sent me an example of instructions for a paper. It's very segmented and pretty direct what they're asking for in the paper, and like WGU, if you segment the paper by the rubric/instructions, you'll probably do alright.

Note: I sent you the following PM in regards to the ENEB - Promo code

Hey Ray,
Just wondering where you were able to get the promo code or if it is reusable.
Thanks, BJ
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 294 10 hours ago
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 320 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,201 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 329 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,022 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 486 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,523 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,620 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 200 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 550 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger