Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
Are we really calling anyone who isn't aboard the ENEB lovetrain, a troll? If you want to spend 600$ of your own hard-earned money on a piece of paper that makes you feel good, go for it - but I have to agree that the ridiculous lengths people are going to, to find legitimacy and credibility in this (all whole claiming that they totally don't care about that, and are definitely just doing this for personal improvement and would definitely never put it on their CV) . . . goodness. I'm astounded we're on page 73 of this farce (though it's made for an amusing read).

Disagreement isn't trolling, stop being so fragile.

I suppose those of you who've spent $600+ on this bit of paper and now need to justify that purchase, are at least a step up from Cacoleman, who's been all over the place encouraging others to spend their money on this 'degree', swearing up and down it's a great deal - despite still not having bought it himself.

Do they cover choice-supportive bias, in this ENEB 'degree'?
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • jch
Hahaha. I'm curious and would like to hear from detractors of this program:

Many foreign degrees from foreign schools of varying recognition exist all across the world. Outside of Oxford and other well-known foreign schools that could get by in-transfer to most schools without an evaluation, the rest will have degree-holders who may at some point need a foreign degree evaluation when dealing in the United States.

So if one foreign school's degree gets a positive evaluation, and ENEB's degree programs get a positive evaluation from the same evaluators, why would that not be enough to--in your view--confirm legitimacy for the ENEB program if you've already been willing to accept it to confirm legitimacy of foreign degrees from other foreign schools? Should evaluator's positions be disregarded in this situation just for ENEB but not other foreign schools? If so, why?
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az, Thorne
(05-04-2021, 08:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 07:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Weird, that does look like a SIM card to me.  I wonder what they need that thing for...

According to the 3rd picture from the bottom, it contains at least one video. 

My (very rough) translation of the Spanish would be:
  1. Send an email to <address> with your information + the information below.
  2. Watch the video instructions contained on the USB.
  3. Begin to enjoy your new Master's degree!

Haha, I didn't bother looking at the pictures and didn't know what you were referring to until I took a look carefully at the pictures... Yeah, it's a USB storage device, I guess they provided to students so they an keep it handy like a credit card and carry it with them in their purse or wallets. I think that's a better way instead of having a flash card or USB drive dongle, it gets lost easily and misplaced...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-06-2021, 09:01 PM)innen_oda Wrote: Are we really calling anyone who isn't aboard the ENEB lovetrain, a troll? If you want to spend 600$ of your own hard-earned money on a piece of paper that makes you feel good, go for it - but I have to agree that the ridiculous lengths people are going to, to find legitimacy and credibility in this (all whole claiming that they totally don't care about that, and are definitely just doing this for personal improvement and would definitely never put it on their CV) . . . goodness. I'm astounded we're on page 73 of this farce (though it's made for an amusing read).

I suppose those of you who've spent $600+ on this bit of paper and now need to justify that purchase, are at least a step up from Cacoleman, who's been all over the place encouraging others to spend their money on this 'degree', swearing up and down it's a great deal - despite still not having bought it himself.

No. People who aren't sure or even think it may not be worth it aren't trolls. People who bait their hook with claims of the program having no legitimacy or value beyond that of a MOOC, or call it a farce, or act like it's nothing short of a degree mill and slowly drag it through a forum where this has been discussed at length with basically everyone acknowledging its limitations, however, is. Especially now that we have proof. You know, like WES saying it's a Master's degree, but I'm sure WES is just bulls***ing us, right?

I've paid for access, completed almost all of the classes, and will gladly put the degrees on my CV and any relevant ones on my resume. In fact, I already have done so (listed as in-progress with an estimated completion date) and haven't had any adverse effects. If anything, I've had more callbacks for positions than I did with just my BSc. Of the callbacks I've had from new opportunities, I've only had one person take issue with me having a qualification from outside the Anglosphere (which is fewer people in 3 months than I had in 2 weeks when my CCNP was on my resume with only 1 year of experience). The bigger issue has been that I'm planning to move out of the country in 5-7 months, which is the bombshell that has sunk most new opportunities (unfortunately, such is life until the borders reopen, and I'm honor-bound to disclose relevant information to a potential employer). I bring the move up at the end of the first interview / first round of interviews so I can potentially sell my way into a company that doesn't care too much about tenure. This has sort of worked, but they all want nothing less than a 1-year committment that I can't give them in good faith.

For all the hand wringing and screeching people have done to say these are worth little more than a fake degree, all I've had to do is tell people a brief story to answer the question, "Why a degree from Spain?" or, "How did you come across the program?" and they suddenly don't mind where it came from.

(05-06-2021, 11:05 PM)eLearner Wrote: Hahaha. I'm curious and would like to hear from detractors of this program:

Many foreign degrees from foreign schools of varying recognition exist all across the world. Outside of Oxford and other well-known foreign schools that could get by in-transfer to most schools without an evaluation, the rest will have degree-holders who may at some point need a foreign degree evaluation when dealing in the United States.

So if one foreign school's degree gets a positive evaluation, and ENEB's degree programs get a positive evaluation from the same evaluators, why would that not be enough to--in your view--confirm legitimacy for the ENEB program if you've already been willing to accept it to confirm legitimacy of foreign degrees from other foreign schools? Should evaluator's positions be disregarded in this situation just for ENEB but not other foreign schools? If so, why?

And this is another reason why the degrees are ultimately legitimate. Even if it cost me $2,500 for all of the degrees + their evaluations, I'd be getting a minimum 75% discount per-degree than what I'd pay in the USA (if we account for Hellenic American University, even WGU is more than that). Then, what, I need to rely on my charisma to get me through the interview process and get hired? Easy peasy, that's precisely how I have ended up in any job I've ever worked since I don't have a degree from a global top-100 school to back my pedigree up.

Of course, for the people who couldn't convince a starving man to eat a sandwich, I can see why these degrees are so scary and awful.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 2 users Like Thorne's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, StoicJ
I think I'll pay for it just to try it out and see how it goes.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegecareerstudent's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(05-06-2021, 09:01 PM)innen_oda Wrote: Are we really calling anyone who isn't aboard the ENEB lovetrain, a troll? If you want to spend 600$ of your own hard-earned money on a piece of paper that makes you feel good, go for it - but I have to agree that the ridiculous lengths people are going to, to find legitimacy and credibility in this (all whole claiming that they totally don't care about that, and are definitely just doing this for personal improvement and would definitely never put it on their CV) . . . goodness. I'm astounded we're on page 73 of this farce (though it's made for an amusing read).

I'm just feeling other people out as well as chiming in on information to offer what I have discovered from the past several months this program has been discussed.  It's a great deal for what you can get out of it.  I have mixed feelings about it for myself personally.  I'm not encouraging anyone to purchase it.  I'm just saying that those that do are not necessarily making a bad investment.   Also, it is not more than $600.  Most have only spent around $200 to $250 for one degree and more than that for subsequent degrees.
[-] The following 3 users Like cacoleman1983's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, rachel83az, Vle045
(05-07-2021, 07:29 AM)cacoleman1983 Wrote:

I'm just feeling other people out as well as chiming in on information to offer what I have discovered from the past several months this program has been discussed.  It's a great deal for what you can get out of it.  I have mixed feelings about it for myself personally.  I'm not encouraging anyone to purchase it.  I'm just saying that those that do are not necessarily making a bad investment.   Also, it is not more than $600.  Most have only spent around $200 to $250 for one degree and more than that for subsequent degrees.

I think I paid about $225 for two degrees plus a diploma and certificate in two other areas. Maybe I will finish, maybe I won’t.  the nice thing is that there is a decent amount of time to finish it all.  And you can truly work at your own pace.  I don’t “need” it.  But I do “want” it... especially if I am not actually ready for a Master’s from a US school.  My biggest barrier right now seems to be time.  With two jobs, a kid and a puppy, it’s a challenge. ?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, rachel83az
(05-07-2021, 08:49 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 07:29 AM)cacoleman1983 Wrote:

I think I paid about $225 for two degrees plus a diploma and certificate in two other areas. Maybe I will finish, maybe I won’t.  the nice thing is that there is a decent amount of time to finish it all.  And you can truly work at your own pace.  I don’t “need” it.  But I do “want” it... especially if I am not actually ready for a Master’s from a US school.  My biggest barrier right now seems to be time.  With two jobs, a kid and a puppy, it’s a challenge. ?

How did you get it for such a discount? The lowest I've seen for two degrees was $250.
Every so often, there is a sale that coincides with a coupon code. I have not been able to take advantage of this yet.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yes, I grabbed it on sale and was also able to apply a coupon code.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 250 7 hours ago
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 311 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,186 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 325 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,019 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 485 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,523 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,619 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 200 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger