Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU | evaluation: Pending completion of unfinished activity
Just want to get clarified for information purpose.

Today, When I see my evaluation I could see "Pending completion of unfinished activity"  for couple of courses. What does it mean?

Please find the attached screenshot.

Attached Files
.png   tesu eva.png (Size: 162.05 KB / Downloads: 25)
------------------

*PTE Preliminary Transfer Equivalency
It means the credits listed in groups 2,3,4,5 are planned but not final/are (more) subject to change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • akr680
I assume they are deciding whether the credits will transfer with those equivalencies or not.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • akr680
Thanks for your help
------------------

It means that they know the courses you're taking/bringing in, but they're pending. Once they transfer in, that message goes away.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
If you received your two initial evals they won't show until you enroll then they will re-evaluate and update.
[-] The following 1 user Likes timblackwell's post:
  • akr680
Thanks for the information
------------------

@akr680 - I noticed you've changed your signature. Have you started taking courses at COSC yet? If not, I highly suggest continuing with getting your BS SD at WGU completed with as many transfer credits as possible. Then when you're done, you can go for the WGU MS ITM or MBA ITM. Instead of forking out $ for two COSC courses, the capstone/cornerstone, use that $ towards the Masters at WGU.

The reason you were going for the BSBA at COSC is because you need a "4 year degree" to get into a Masters as that BBA wasn't evaluated as a 4 year degree. You can use your WGU BS SD as that 4 year degree for entry into a Masters, thus bypassing the COSC BSBA requirement and saving you energy/money/time! Note: COSC BSBA would be a duplicate of your BBA...

For WGU, I recommend them if you're going for a degree in Business, IT, Nursing or Teaching as that's all they offer, the main difference is, they're not test-out but competency based. The max transfer is up to 90 credits before you enroll. If you can finish in a term, it's under 4K/term - I actually really recommend them for grad school as they are exclusively online vs a state university or if you're going for a Bachelors/Masters combo.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(11-17-2019, 02:19 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @akr680 - I noticed you've changed your signature.  Have you started taking courses at COSC yet?  If not, I highly suggest continuing with getting your BS SD at WGU completed with as many transfer credits as possible.  Then when you're done, you can go for the WGU MS ITM or MBA ITM.  Instead of forking out $ for two COSC courses, the capstone/cornerstone, use that $ towards the Masters at WGU.  

The reason you were going for the BSBA at COSC is because you need a "4 year degree" to get into a Masters as that BBA wasn't evaluated as a 4 year degree.  You can use your WGU BS SD as that 4 year degree for entry into a Masters, thus bypassing the COSC BSBA requirement and saving you energy/money/time!  Note: COSC BSBA would be a duplicate of your BBA...

For WGU, I recommend them if you're going for a degree in Business, IT, Nursing or Teaching as that's all they offer, the main difference is, they're not test-out but competency based. The max transfer is up to 90 credits before you enroll. If you can finish in a term, it's under 4K/term - I actually really recommend them for grad school as they are exclusively online vs a state university or if you're going for a Bachelors/Masters combo.

Somehow, I travelled the wrong way because I thought BSBA(5 courses pending) would be faster. My end goal is MS - Data Analytics from WGU. I need to focus and get this done.
------------------

Haha, that's the same program I am looking at right now! Yes, the mind travels often.
I have thought this over and this is what I would do for myself...

1) Finish my BA CS from TESU - For you, just get the BS SD at WGU done at under $4K/term
2) I am going for the Udacity Nanodegree for Data Analytics - You might get it as well, it's cheap.
3) Finally, go for the WGU MS Data Analytics program for less than $4K/term

Hope this helps, it would be cheaper/easier/faster than your current route.
You may want the Udacity nanodegree, it's a "learning experience" I would like.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 771 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch