Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125
Ed2Go is an online training program that partners with colleges and universities to provide (normally) non-credit certificate programs.

Valley City State University in North Dakota has a program to provide graduate pd credit intended for teachers via Ed2Go at $125 per class.  It is unclear if this is $125 per credit hour because the classes account for 24 hours of contact time and I am unsure if partial credit hours are awarded.

There are some interesting course topics, but the PD designation and likely EDU or similar prefixes will limit the utility of these credits.

https://www.vcsu.edu/extend/ed2go-for-credit
This was the only other school that I found that also offer graduate level professional development credit for a select group of Ed2go courses. It's in Michigan.

https://www.madonna.edu/academics/colleg...velopment/
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
Your best bet with ed2go courses is to go to the main ed2go site, find the class you are interested in, then you can “change school” and see all the courses in your area - or chosen school - that offer that course. Click on. Few you like and see what they charge. The prices vary and you can shop around for the exact same online course buy attach your preferred school, or price. That $125 course at Valley City was $115 at Akron, and $119 and another school.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • vintage_jacket
(08-29-2022, 04:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Your best bet with ed2go courses is to go to the main ed2go site, find the class you are interested in, then you can “change school” and see all the courses in your area - or chosen school - that offer that course.  Click on. Few you like and see what they charge.  The prices vary and you can shop around for the exact same online course buy attach your preferred school, or price.  That $125 course at Valley City was $115 at Akron, and $119 and another school.

This strategy works if you don't care whether or not it's worth credit from that particular school.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 2 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • ss20ts, vintage_jacket
(08-29-2022, 04:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Your best bet with ed2go courses is to go to the main ed2go site, find the class you are interested in, then you can “change school” and see all the courses in your area - or chosen school - that offer that course.  Click on. Few you like and see what they charge.  The prices vary and you can shop around for the exact same online course buy attach your preferred school, or price.  That $125 course at Valley City was $115 at Akron, and $119 and another school.

That is a great idea!
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
Basically, the bulk of these are continuing education units or professional development units, they're not for credit unless the college would apply it towards their credit offerings.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • vintage_jacket
I was able to use an Ed2Go Medical Terminology course for my undergrad. It was worth two credits and was transcribed to ACE. Only thing is, when I decided to apply to master's programs this year, I discovered Credly now handled all of ACE's transcripts. After several calls, I could not get anyone from Ed2Go to help me. The rep kept telling me something I already knew: Ed2Go is not a credit-bearing organization. She had no idea about ACE or Valley State or other ways to gain credit via Ed2Go courses.

Luckily, ACE came through and sent the badge directly to Credly.

Lesson learned. From now on, I'll have nontraditional credits such as Ed2Go transcribed directly at a college.
(12-03-2022, 12:45 PM)Studious Wrote: I was able to use an Ed2Go Medical Terminology course for my undergrad. It was worth two credits and was transcribed to ACE. Only thing is, when I decided to apply to master's programs this year, I discovered Credly now handled all of ACE's transcripts. After several calls, I could not get anyone from Ed2Go to help me. The rep kept telling me something I already knew: Ed2Go is not a credit-bearing organization. She had no idea about ACE or Valley State or other ways to gain credit via Ed2Go courses.

Luckily, ACE came through and sent the badge directly to Credly.

Lesson learned. From now on, I'll have nontraditional credits such as Ed2Go transcribed directly at a college.

Many ACE providers did not adapt and move onto Credly. They just gave up instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 1 33 42 minutes ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 678 2 hours ago
Last Post: MichiganMax
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,586 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,790 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,087 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,863 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,281 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,032 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill