Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Courses Expired
Hi to all i noticed that most Saylor courses has been expired today do you guy's have an idea if it will stays like that.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(11-30-2019, 10:27 PM)gams007 Wrote: Hi to all i noticed that most Saylor courses has been expired today do you guy's have an idea if it will stays like that.

It would be pretty shocking if they don't get renewed shortly (or at the very least, extended for a month or so while they work on revamps if necessary).

This isn't that uncommon, and the big providers like Saylor are typically pretty good about renewal.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Also, they just added several new courses in the last few months, so I can't imagine that they aren't renewing all, or at least most, of their current courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm also curious about how this is going to go. I'm waiting to retake one of the exams because my course expired on 11/30 (currently looks like the same on my dashboard, though and I haven't lost progress (yet). I'm hoping the course is going to switch over to the $13 proctor fee. Some new courses are doing exams through Proctorio instead of ProctorU.

Maybe the old courses are going to renew with no changes and you'll still have to take them through ProctorU for $25.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(12-01-2019, 04:42 PM)cookderosa Wrote: they are in the process of renewal per their email to me - you can search here to see it, I posted it but can't remember the thread it was in.

Here is your thread

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid299567

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • cookderosa
So, for people who don't pay attention to expiration dates, what happens if they go in and take an exam on a course with the exam available, yet is expired as far as ACE is concerned?
OnlineDegree

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
(12-02-2019, 12:32 PM)udi Wrote: So, for people who don't pay attention to expiration dates, what happens if they go in and take an exam on a course with the exam available, yet is expired as far as ACE is concerned?

It depends on what ACE does.  If they were to take it today, it would probably not be available to transfer to their ACE transcript.  BUT, if ACE backdates them (which they usually do), then once that's updated in their database, you can add it.  If they don't backdate, then you'd have to retake the exam.

My guess is they'll backdate.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • udi
I got a response from Saylor regarding the computer science courses i noticed that all of them expired already the only one available is C++ and they said  this.

"
Jeff Davidson (Saylor Academy)
Dec 2, 22:59 EST
Hello!  Yes, we are going to try to get them renewed but with the holidays it may take until the end of January to learn if ACE is going to renew them. Please check back then and we hope we have some courses that can help you!

Regards,
Jeff Davidson    "

In progress:
Completed:
(12-03-2019, 05:09 AM)gams007 Wrote: I got a response from Saylor regarding the computer science courses i noticed that all of them expired already the only one available is C++ and they said  this.

"
Hello!  Yes, we are going to try to get them renewed but with the holidays it may take until the end of January to learn if ACE is going to renew them. Please check back then and we hope we have some courses that can help you!

Regards,
Jeff Davidson    "

I want to know if Saylor is still using proctorio for the proctoring Im going to do the C++ course and it seams the they are going to use the ProctorU account, also any notice regarding the expired courses?
Can some one confirm that please.

In progress:
Completed:
(01-09-2020, 09:12 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 05:09 AM)gams007 Wrote: I got a response from Saylor regarding the computer science courses i noticed that all of them expired already the only one available is C++ and they said  this.

"

Regards,
Jeff Davidson    "

I want to know if Saylor is still using proctorio for the proctoring Im going to do the C++ course and it seams the they are going to use the ProctorU account, also any notice regarding the expired courses?
Can some one confirm that please.
Yeah ... Something weird is going on with Saylor. The C++ course was using Proctorio for a few weeks for the $13 in the syllabus. Now ProctorU is back for the $25 option I guess. I think by 'if', they might have just meant that it's possible ACE won't renew the courses, but I'm sure they don't expect it. I really hope it gets fixed soon because I'm going to be moving soon and I won't get anything done for a while.
OnlineDegree

Study

Saylor.org

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 848 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 679 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,028 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 404 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,631 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,968 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 567 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 322 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77