Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charisma University - ACBSP is Accredited (OMG)
Um... Yeah, so I've been following this school and a few others like SMC and some inexpensive or offshore/overseas degree providers.  Charisma University recently received their ACBSP accreditation for all their Business programs from Associates up to Doctorate level on November 22, 2019.

Basically, that totally took me by surprise as I mentioned them 5 months earlier in this thread:  And my advice was NOT to take their courses/programs because it seemed to me that they LOST accreditation from ALL accreditation agencies!  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid292497

Further to that, their website has changed - it's now got the edu.eu vs the old .org domain.  There is/are a few particular programs I am really interestered in now that they've achieved ACBSP accreditation.  Namely their Ph.D in Cyber Security Administration program that can be had for roughly $19,500+$2500 USD ($22K is probably the cheapest ACBSP doctorate).  

Moreover, they finally have a Wikipedia page with their history.  Strange enough, it never mentioned why/what happened with their previous UK accreditation.  Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charisma_University

Last but not least, they removed their "medical degree" program that was "upcoming in the 2020 year".  I wonder what happened to that as well.  I was thinking it was an interesting move to create the degree entirely online through distributed learning and their plan was to have the students take studies, and do clinical rotations in the US or other designated hospitals... now they've backed out of it...

These are the three Business doctorates they have, there are other programs/degrees at the doctorate level, but doesn't have that programmatic/secondary accreditation that I like to see... I'm adding this school back into my list of schools...

ACBSP Institutional Link: https://acbspsearch.org/Home/Details?instId=Inst4174
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Business Administration
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Cyber Security Administration
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Forensic Accounting and Audit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, DeanLewis, Ideas, warriortaupou
Thanks for your help to the online learning community
------------------

ugh why cant this be Hampton??????? i want to do the Hampton program so bad but without acbsp at minimum it's pointless ?
(12-27-2019, 11:35 PM)verenaf Wrote: ugh why cant this be Hampton??????? i want to do the Hampton program so bad but without acbsp at minimum it's pointless ?

Hampton's "The Standard of Excellence" University is Regionally Accredited and also has the IACBE secondary/programmatic accreditation. I think they're good enough already with the RA, the extra IACBE is a small icing on the cake, it would be a bigger piece of icing if it was ACBSP, but shouldn't stop you from attending their school.

BTW, they are one of the better HBCU out there as they are in the top rankings list I usually review yearly. I would just apply if it's the school of your choice and if you're in the state/local area. It would be more recognized than a Big 3/WGU degree or one of the online for-profit ACBSP degrees.

Interesting information, thanks for the post. Since you seem to have done a lot of research on this school - do you know how much of the doctorates can be completed online? Any/how many on-campus visits are required, etc.?

One thing to weary of, if they lost their accreditation once, one worries it could be lost again and while you could explain to employers you attended when it was accredited, it would be another asterisk you'd have to explain when breaking down why you chose it. Still I'm piqued.
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
Is this the same Charisma University where one of the owners caused a lot of erm... excitement over on the other board a few years ago?
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Charisma gets its legal authority to operate from Turks and Caicos, a semi-autonomous territory of the UK. It does not award British degrees.

Because the school does not have any form of recognized institutional accreditation, degrees from it would need to be assessed by a foreign degree evaluation agency to determine their utility to US students. That would mean going through the school and earning one of its degrees, then getting it evaluated.

ACBSP is programmatic accreditation, not institutional accreditation. It has no effect on the status of the degrees awarded by this school. ACBSP requires US schools it accredits to have regional accreditation, but it does not apply this requirement to foreign schools. It is not known if this programmatic accreditation would make it more likely that degrees from this school covered by that accreditation would be more favorably evaluated by a foreign degree evaluation agency. Again, that would require an actual test case, and this school has not produced any that are known publicly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sagan's post:
  • warriortaupou
Haha, Oh wow, interesting indeed, Charisma is now ACQUIN accredited in Germany and they're not even part of Europe! They're the first Caribbean university to be ACQUIN if it's actually accredited by the agency. That's amazing they're flipping accreditation agencies left and right, they have a pretty affordable tuition though, for example, a business Masters ACBSP can be had for under $10K, and a PhD can be had for $23K.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 244 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,072 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 277 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,456 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,849 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,977 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,363 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,317 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,302 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy