Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU second audit/transfer credit deadline for March graduation?
I'm currently finishing up a few courses. I'll be able the complete everything in time, however, I have no control over the speed of which my assignments will be graded (and the time it will take for the transcript to reach TESU).

TESU sent the following email a few weeks back:

TESU Wrote:The next deadline to apply for Graduation is January 1, 2020 and the degrees will be conferred in March 2020. All TESU course work must be complete by February 1, 2020 and all transfer credit must be postmarked by January 15, 2020.

The deadline for transfer credits is Jan. 15, meaning that they must be postmarked by that date.

How strict is TESU with this? What is the date of the second audit, and could some courses be accepted a bit before the second audit (but after Jan. 15)?
I would also like some information on this as I've got one remaining course that needs to be transferred in.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

(01-05-2020, 11:10 AM)Kev Wrote: I'm currently finishing up a few courses. I'll be able the complete everything in time, however, I have no control over the speed of which my assignments will be graded (and the time it will take for the transcript to reach TESU).

TESU sent the following email a few weeks back:

TESU Wrote:The next deadline to apply for Graduation is January 1, 2020 and the degrees will be conferred in March 2020. All TESU course work must be complete by February 1, 2020 and all transfer credit must be postmarked by January 15, 2020.

The deadline for transfer credits is Jan. 15, meaning that they must be postmarked by that date.

How strict is TESU with this? What is the date of the second audit, and could some courses be accepted a bit before the second audit (but after Jan. 15)?

These dates are to give TESU time to get through the transfer evaluations and audits without having to worry about having multiple rounds of audits to pick up stray credits added at the last minute. So the answer is, "it depends."

I don't think TESU has a rule that says you cannot graduate if your transfer comes in on Jan 16th, but they want the transfers postmarked by Jan 15th so the evaluators have two weeks to process them (and they often have a ton to evaluate right before graduation). If you don't get it in by Jan 15th that means that the evaluation is unlikely to be completed by Feb 1st, which is when the audits begin.

Ultimately it depends on when the auditor gets to your file. If they get to right away (like Feb 1st) and your transfer credits have not been evaluated yet, then your audit will fail and you won't be able to graduate in March. Unless, by some miracle, they happen to have some extra time to go back later and re-audit your file. Of course, if they start on your audit later in the month, then you may be fine getting stuff in a bit late.

There is one exception that I am aware of, which is in cases of graduation applicants who's capstone completes at the end of January but grades don't post until early February. In that case, they will delay your audit until the next opportunity after grades post. That can add a few extra days to complete transfer evaluations as well.

In any case, to be safe, I would do everything in my power to get transfers in by the deadline. Otherwise, you're counting on being lucky.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(01-05-2020, 07:55 PM)Merlin Wrote: [...]

Thanks, Merlin.

As you described, I imagine TESU is really busy just before graduation (and having a later date for transfers would probably create havoc). Maybe there's still room for a few exceptions, though. Crossing my fingers my audit can be one of those that are at a later date.
Sorry to comment on an older thread but how does this apply to online providers like SDC? Is the postmark date the day I requested transcripts be sent? If not, how much time should I allow before the deadline?
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 717 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 230 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch