Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Masters Degree Options
hi,

I need a professor's recommendation letter.

This is because I am thinking about transfer or going on to graduate school.

I'm going to enter Cornell University, Upen University or other graduate school

It is written that professor recommendation and transcript are necessary.

I would like math at Thomas Edison University.

How can I make a professor's recommendation from there?

When I enroll, do I become a first grade? If you are transferring, you need to be in 2nd grade or 3rd grade, but how do you become a 2nd grader?

P.S

If I receive a scholarship from  University, is the cost of living included?

I heard that there is no need for a master's degree in an American university, but is it possible after graduating from tesc?

thanks for reading.

last If I have a another bachelor degree same major and how much tesc fee to graduate.
There are always exceptions. Some professors simply don't write recommendations. If you contact admissions, they'll give you some advice. I used a letter from my employer when it had been too long since I graduated.

NOW, I always request a letter of recommendation from every course (with a teacher). Sometimes, I even send a prewritten letter they can just sign and return.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
When enrolling in a college/university, you're considered a "freshman" and then after you complete 30 credits, you're considered a "sophomore", or second year student. If you already have 30, 60, or 90 transfer credits, then you wouldn't be considered a freshman or first year student, even though it's your first year at that school.

Yes, you can go from TESU (was TESC) into a grad school. It might be harder to get into the most competitive grad schools though.

If you can transfer almost all your credits, then you would have to pay for the cornerstone and capstone courses, graduation fee, and residency waiver fee.

Masters degrees have become a lot more common in the past decade, so it can really help you stand out.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • cookderosa
Hi,

Can I get master degree in thomas edison state university the data science or Information technology.

then, how much cost paid and how long time to have study?

this is meaningful immigration point or work visa (not us, canada austrailia or something else)

is that really worthful and accept every world in country?
(01-02-2020, 07:55 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: Hi,

Can I get master degree in thomas edison state university the data science or Information technology.

then, how much cost paid and how long time to have study?

this is meaningful immigration point or work visa (not us, canada austrailia or something else)

is that really worthful and accept every world in country?

You can get a masters from TESU, but you can't do it through alt. credit or credit by examination, which is primarily the focus of this forum. It is also exorbitantly expensive and not really recommended since there are less expensive options. That said, if someone else is paying for your education, then it may be perfect for what you're looking for.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I have an online degree in a developing country? but have not passed the visa screening.

That's why I want to know the degree of the developed country of the United States online degree.

I have some questions.

1. If I graduate Charter Oak State College online then Charter Oak State College Board for State Academic Awards H +/- or Charter Oak State College H+
which is it?
I need H+

2.I'm thinking about Excelsior University or Charter Oak University. What is the general graduation fee?

3.And while having a Computer Science degree 140 credits(but not good gpa),When transferring Excelsior is a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Charter Oak college for cyber security.
and How to raise my GPA and how much can I expect to cost when transferring?

How long does it take?

Sorry my broken english
thanks for reading.

and anything chepeast fastest bachelor degree for it major in usa?
thanks bro..
How much does wgu it master degree cost?
Is the gpa 3.0 standard of 4.5 full score points?
How long does it take?
Are there any other online masters?
I've heard computer science online in Georgia tech.
Is that Need to see group meetings, faces or in real time?
If so, I may not be in class.
Is it like wgu it master degree?

MS Data Analytics

Udacity nanodegree in data analytics OR a Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, SAS Cert

what is that mean?

Northern Arizona University (PL MS CIT)

(3 emphasis areas ex. Mobile & Web Application Development)

what is pl ms cit?

Can I get a recommendation from BIG 3 schools?
excelsior...
That is a lot of questions, and most of them you can find yourself with a few google searches and visiting the sites you mention. But I can give you a basic rundown...

(01-15-2020, 09:08 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: How much does wgu it master degree cost?
Is the gpa 3.0 standard of 4.5 full score points?
How long does it take?

WGU charges around $4,000 USD per term for its master's degree programs. Most people complete a master's degree in 3-4 terms, but if you're studying a subject area you're already familiar with, you can accelerate and complete in 1-2 terms. So you're looking at $4,000-$16,000 USD depending on how quickly you can move through the material.

WGU is competency-based and courses are ungraded so there is no GPA. However, for transfer purposes, WGU suggests that every course passed is equivalent to a "B", or a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. However, it is up to the destination school to determine if they accept that GPA equivalency or not.

(01-15-2020, 09:08 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: MS Data Analytics

Udacity nanodegree in data analytics OR a Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, SAS Cert

what is that mean?

That means that WGU doesn't just let anyone into their MS in Data Analytics program. What you're quoting are the entry requirements. So you'll need an IS-based bachelor's degree, or a Udacity nanodegree in data analytics, or an Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, or SAS certification earned within the last 5 years to be approved to enter that program.

(01-15-2020, 09:08 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: Are there any other online masters?

There are tons of other online master's degrees. However, most of them are more of a traditional college format where each class takes between 8 and 16 weeks to complete (depending on the school and whether it is semester- or quarter-based) and you'll typically have lectures, assignments, and exams along the way just like someone would who was on-campus. This usually means there is no accelerating, so you're looking at 18-months to 3-years to complete most online master's degree programs.

Besides WGU there are other competency-based master's programs, of course. The most popular schools that offer competency-based options include NAU (Northern Arizona University), Purdue Global, Walden University, Capella University, and Brandman University. Each of them has their own approach, but all operate somewhat similar to WGU in that you complete papers (and/or exams) to demonstrate competency rather than attend traditional classes.

(01-15-2020, 09:08 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: I've heard computer science online in Georgia tech.
Is that Need to see group meetings, faces or in real time?
If so, I may not be in class.
Is it like wgu it master degree?

No, the Georgia Tech OL programs are not competency-based. They are online, traditional programs that are delivered in an online format. You still have to attend classes/lectures and do coursework along the way just like students who are on-campus. That is a 2-3 year program just like their on-campus version.

(01-15-2020, 09:08 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: Northern Arizona University (PL MS CIT)

(3 emphasis areas ex. Mobile & Web Application Development)

what is pl ms cit?

For the NAU competency-based online MS in Computer Information Technology (MS CIT) there are 4 areas of emphasis that you can specialize in as part of the degree. These are:
  • Data Analytics
  • Mobile and Web Application Development
  • Project Management
  • Information Security & Assurance
(01-15-2020, 09:08 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: Can I get a recommendation from BIG 3 schools?
excelsior...

I'm not sure what you're asking here. None of the big 3 offer competency-based master's programs.

I think that covers what you asked. You can find out more about any of these programs by visiting the individual college websites directly.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Can I get a Big3 college the Letters of Recommendation from school or professor?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 5 147 Yesterday, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 704 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 7 394 04-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 458 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 651 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 366 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,226 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,118 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,079 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,820 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM