Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST exam center couldn't administer test
I took my daughter to our local testing center for her 1st DSST exam. We've taken many CLEPs there. We created an account on the DSST website (getcollegecredit.com) last week in preparation. However, they could not figure out how to login and register my daughter for the test! They were newbies so they called another worker at home and she said we needed to have us "register again." The newbies asked me to create another account. This just seemed like bad advice to me especially since at one point they had logged into her account they just couldn't "find" the test. Why would I need to create a duplicate account on the DSST site? So we left without taking the test and now I need to figure out what went wrong because dd is taking 3 DSSTs this semester. I went to the DSST website and now I can't figure out how to log into her account. Did they change the site? Am I going mad? My questions....

**Does anyone have a DSST account? Can you log in?
**If you can log in, HOW? On their website I see an "admin login" and "sign up for resource center access."

If I can't figure this out tonight I will probably call DSST tomorrow. But maybe someone out there can save me a phone call.

I figured it out! The testing center told me to register at home to save time. But I was registering for the practice test site which is separate. You have to register on site for the exam according to this from the DSST site.

“The first time you sign up for a DSST examination, you have to register as a First Time User, regardless of whether or not you registered for a practice examination previously. Exam registrations for an actual DSST examination are done at the test center. The practice exams and actual DSST examinations are completely separate.”

[-] The following 2 users Like Murdockb's post:
  • 22gunsonfire, dfrecore
I also had this problem. Prometric has a login/testing system for almost every provider. The test exam login for DSST is here:

https://tcnet1.prometric.com/Login.aspx?...eSite=dsst

You can create an account and view your test results at home using this link.

You CANNOT take exams (even though it might make you think you can) without the lockdown application and the proctor code.

I hope this helps!
Has anyone heard anything as to when DSST exams are going to be available to the general public? I see that they offer proctored exams now so I'm trying to figure out why they are still blocking civilians from taking exams. I would think that with all the competitive alternate options out there they would be proactive about reopening and not losing their entire customer base. I think I saw somewhere people were having issues with Acclaim and badging also. I've personally have been wanting to take the Soviet Union exam for ages and have been patiently waiting. In this timeframe the test has been downgraded and although there are new providers (Olivet Nazarene) where I can get this specific requirement at a similar price point. I must admit it definitely makes me feel like they could care less about their civilian customer base.
(04-11-2021, 02:07 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote: Has anyone heard anything as to when DSST exams are going to be available to the general public? I see that they offer proctored exams now so I'm trying to figure out why they are still blocking civilians from taking exams. I would think that with all the competitive alternate options out there they would be proactive about reopening and not losing their entire customer base. I think I saw somewhere people were having issues with Acclaim and badging also. I've personally have been wanting to take the Soviet Union exam for ages and have been patiently waiting.  In this timeframe the test has been downgraded and although there are new providers (Olivet Nazarene)  where I can get this specific requirement at a similar price point. I must admit it definitely makes me feel like they could care less about their civilian customer base.

You can still take a test as a civilian, you just can't take it through Prometric.  But if you can find a testing center that is open, you can take a DSST exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(04-11-2021, 02:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 02:07 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote: Has anyone heard anything as to when DSST exams are going to be available to the general public? I see that they offer proctored exams now so I'm trying to figure out why they are still blocking civilians from taking exams. I would think that with all the competitive alternate options out there they would be proactive about reopening and not losing their entire customer base. I think I saw somewhere people were having issues with Acclaim and badging also. I've personally have been wanting to take the Soviet Union exam for ages and have been patiently waiting.  In this timeframe the test has been downgraded and although there are new providers (Olivet Nazarene)  where I can get this specific requirement at a similar price point. I must admit it definitely makes me feel like they could care less about their civilian customer base.

You can still take a test as a civilian, you just can't take it through Prometric.  But if you can find a testing center that is open, you can take a DSST exam.

Thanks dfrecore, this forum is one of the most valuable resources out right now. The members here have saved me thousands. Thanks for being so responsive and active in helping the members of this forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  What's the best free practice test for US History II Cookseykids 6 464 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 445 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 337 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  How to start the actual TECEP exam aperantosbias 2 351 11-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aperantosbias
  DSST can't insert school code when remote proctoring. Carnation 1 202 11-01-2023, 10:15 PM
  Has anyone taken the english composition 2 tecep test? bobby123 23 5,018 10-13-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Clep exam guides naturaloscar1@gmail.com 6 654 09-29-2023, 09:56 AM
  French CLEP Exam Resources bonesmite 1 422 09-12-2023, 04:12 AM
  DSST Transcript help needed GameSlinger 5 764 08-15-2023, 02:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az