Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Program Options when Completing Bachelors
Hey All!

I don't have tuition reimbursement and I'm nearing 50, so spending a bunch of money on a master's degree probably doesn't have a great ROI given my age and how long it would take to pay off the loan before retirement. I'm seeing if there are ways to make it work now before graduating with my BA in Psych since I only have my AOS left to do, then capstone/SOS-110.

Let's say I was interested in becoming a licensed therapist or counselor, which requires a master's degree.

I don't know if I missed it, but it doesn't look like TESU offers anything with their BA to MA programs so that I could save on the tuition for masters. 

Do you know if WGU offers this? Or are there really affordable masters out there and I can look elsewhere? I'm willing to transfer if it means that I'd be saving on my Masters in the long run.

Thanks!

Smile
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
Capella has the competency-based Flexpath program, last I saw it was $2500/12 weeks, there were 5 different MS in Psych degrees.

Walden's Tempo Learning (also competency-based) is $2350/3 months, and they also have the MS in Psych or MS in I/O Psych.

Neither would require you stopping your BA - as a matter of fact, both require you to finish your BA first.

They both have MS in Counseling degrees, but are not competency-based. Capella's looks to be about $35k. Walden's is $38k. Both will take transfer credit, but I'm not really sure where you'd find that inexpensively.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The two tempo based Walden courses are still half off right now for the life of the program (spoke to an advisor this afternoon) and he confirmed but couldn’t say until when. So it’s $1300 and change plus a $75 tech fee every 3 mos.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
WGU only has Bachelors/Masters offerings in the following 4 fields: Business, IT, Nursing, Teaching. TESU has a Bachelors to Masters program and that is possible for your BALS or BA in ABC or BA in XYZ.

For Amberton - People have been taking VESI courses and getting 12 grad credits to transfer into the MA Professional Development (up to 12 credits can be transferred in).

There are numerous options to transfer into Amberton for cheap, cheapest option mentioned on the forums was VESI or ACE grad courses worth up to 12 credits to transfer over...

Then there is Capella/Walden and other competency based education providers, that are offering very affordable Masters degrees, especially Walden if you finish in 6 months. Technically, with their "half off" specials, they're cheaper/easier/faster than WGU!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 287 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,094 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 880 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,171 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,973 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,466 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Analysis paralysis options jb111 5 426 02-13-2024, 11:49 AM
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,614 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Engineering Masters with UMPI liberal studies bachelors tmikula 8 1,057 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden