Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU questions (application process, etc)
Hi- I have 4 quick questions. I've done plenty of searching but am not finding any recent information.
I'm helping my daughter map out her Psych degree. We were going with COSC but for various reasons, especially their extremely unhelpful Customer service department, we are considering switching to TESU.

At TESU:
1) She still needs Eng Comp II. Does the Tech Writing DSST count for that (it does at COSC)? I know there is the DSST Adv English Comp and a TECEP, but she's already completed the Tech Writing.
2) Is the A&I Lit still counting for 6 cr at TESU?
3) Help me remember about the application process. She has 96 credits (only missing the 2 TESU courses and her major). If we're pretty confident how most of the credits will fit and don't want to pay yearly fees, we'll be waiting til this fall/winter to apply. How many credits should she have completed if all she's doing through them is the Info Lit and Capstone? What if she's doing a TECEP- should that be done before or after she applies? 
4) When do we send the transcripts over, and for the usual ACE courses (study.com/sophia/etc), should they all come from ACE?

Thank you!
Earned BA in Music from TESU.
Helped my 19- year old daughter complete a BA in Psych from TESU. 16- year old son in the process of earning the Data Analytics degree from TESU/ Statistics.com. 
If you think COSC has unhelpful customer service, hold onto your hat if you switch to TESU! You will be sadly disappointed...

1) TESU requires English Comp II, the DSST or TECEP will both work (Tech Writing will not)
2) Yes, the A&I Lit CLEP still counts for 6cr, but that could change at any time (so if you take it, send it to TESU right away)
3) TESU doesn't have per-term or annual fees; you must stay enrolled, but that can be done by either taking a TECEP or course; there is no minimum amount of credits she needs to take the cornerstone; she needs 100+ credits and her AOS completed to take the capstone; take the TECEP after she applies
4) All ACE courses need to be sent on an ACE transcript except Study.com - which should be sent directly from Study.com

I would apply sooner rather than later, as you'll want to lock in this catalog (changes are usually made at TESU in April and July); send all transcripts to them upon applying; take a TECEP within a year (unless you take the cornerstone); and have CLEP/DSST scores sent straight to TESU from there on out (which is easy to do once you've enrolled).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-20-2020, 11:21 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If you think COSC has unhelpful customer service, hold onto your hat if you switch to TESU!  You will be sadly disappointed...

1) TESU requires English Comp II, the DSST or TECEP will both work (Tech Writing will not)
2) Yes, the A&I Lit CLEP still counts for 6cr, but that could change at any time (so if you take it, send it to TESU right away)
3) TESU doesn't have per-term or annual fees; you must stay enrolled, but that can be done by either taking a TECEP or course; there is no minimum amount of credits she needs to take the cornerstone; she needs 100+ credits and her AOS completed to take the capstone; take the TECEP after she applies
4) All ACE courses need to be sent on an ACE transcript except Study.com - which should be sent directly from Study.com

I would apply sooner rather than later, as you'll want to lock in this catalog (changes are usually made at TESU in April and July); send all transcripts to them upon applying; take a TECEP within a year (unless you take the cornerstone); and have CLEP/DSST scores sent straight to TESU from there on out (which is easy to do once you've enrolled).

Thank you for your help.
I actually graduated from TESU a few years ago so I'm familiar with their unhelpful Customer Service. Although I did have a really good experience with the people there that helped me formulate my degree plan.   
That was one of the many reasons we're considering switching. Also that COSC requires 30 UL credits while TESU only requires 15... and some other reasons.

So to clarify, if we send in transcripts now and take the TECEP within a year we don't have to pay another re-enrollment fee?
(02-20-2020, 12:05 PM)CourtneyBrooke Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 11:21 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If you think COSC has unhelpful customer service, hold onto your hat if you switch to TESU!  You will be sadly disappointed...

Thank you for your help.
I actually graduated from TESU a few years ago so I'm familiar with their unhelpful Customer Service. Although I did have a really good experience with the people there that helped me formulate my degree plan.   
That was one of the many reasons we're considering switching. Also that COSC requires 30 UL credits while TESU only requires 15... and some other reasons.

So to clarify, if we send in transcripts now and take the TECEP within a year we don't have to pay another re-enrollment fee?

TESU requires 18cr of UL for anything except the BSBA.

To clarify, sending in transcripts have nothing to do with enrolling, they're two separate things.

If you take a TECEP or course, you're enrolled for a year.  So you would have to take one every year, not just once, if you take longer than a year from the time of your TECEP or course.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-20-2020, 12:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 12:05 PM)CourtneyBrooke Wrote:

Thank you for your help.

TESU requires 18cr of UL for anything except the BSBA.

To clarify, sending in transcripts have nothing to do with enrolling, they're two separate things.

If you take a TECEP or course, you're enrolled for a year.  So you would have to take one every year, not just once, if you take longer than a year from the time of your TECEP or course.
Yes; I was referring to 15 other than the Capstone. 
What I'm trying to ask is, once I send in the transcripts, how long will they keep them before I have to enroll/pay a large sum of money? Wink
(02-20-2020, 12:34 PM)CourtneyBrooke Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 12:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU requires 18cr of UL for anything except the BSBA.

Yes; I was referring to 15 other than the Capstone. 
What I'm trying to ask is, once I send in the transcripts, how long will they keep them before I have to enroll/pay a large sum of money? Wink

Once you apply, I'm not sure how long they keep your transcripts - they do an eval within a month, and then will do a second one if you send in more, but that's the limit until you're enrolled.

You can do a LL TECEP to enroll, it would only cost $150.  Totally worth doing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch