Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UoPeople going for regional accreditation
"WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) is a regional accrediting agency. University of the People has applied for Eligibility from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). WSCUC has reviewed the application and determined that the institution is eligible to proceed with an Application for Accreditation. A determination of Eligibility is not a formal status with the WASC Senior College and University Commission, nor does it ensure eventual accreditation. It is a preliminary finding that the institution is potentially accreditable and can proceed within five years of its Eligibility determination to be reviewed for Candidacy or Initial Accreditation status with the Commission. Questions about Eligibility may be directed to the institution or to WSCUC at https://www.wscuc.org/contact or (510) 748-9001."

That just came to my email.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 4 users Like SweetSecret's post:
  • allvia, bamaboy357, harrypotter, jsd
That's pretty cool news. Hopefully it works out for them. I know people here have had some issues with service, and they do have their quirks, but it'd be nice to see them succeed.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
It would be a huge to see them attain regional accreditation while keeping their cost structure similar to what it is currently.
[-] The following 1 user Likes terryd5150's post:
  • gams007
I thinks it sound good to have that accreditation I check the cost and it seems good you can transfer 90 credits to the school as maximum and paying around $1500,- you can have a bachelor degree.

Big Grin

(03-12-2020, 03:29 PM)gams007 Wrote: I thinks it sound good to have that accreditation I check the cost and it seems good you can transfer 90 credits to the school as maximum and paying around $1500,- you can have a bachelor degree.

Big Grin

The CEO is saying that the UoP is going to be regional accredited in the youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1708MOTGJwM

https://www.uopeople.edu/about/worldwide...nouncement

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • warriortaupou
That's great news! Basically, I was pretty much expecting them to do so... They're going the way of a few other schools before them that gained Regionally Accreditation, such as APUS, WGU, California Southern University, Westcliff and more... I wonder if they are going to keep their DEAC accreditation. I hope they do keep both and get additional secondary/programmatic accreditation as well.

What I'm more interested in is if they are going to keep accepting RA/NA and ACE and start accepting NCCRS credits. Further to that, I want to know if they're going to keep the maximum transfer at 90 credits or if they're going to bump that up. Last but not least, if you look at most of their degrees, you only need to do up to 11 proctor exams - what if you transfer in all 11, then there are no proctored courses, um... that needs to change.

To end this post, I actually want to see them add more programs that are NOT readily available elsewhere for cheap. Their degree offerings are already available with the Big 3 or other NA colleges/universities. I guess on this but I think they're just going to focus on degrees for the "growing" or popular degrees that are in demand.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
This is awesome news. I did a few courses with them, they are good quality though a little too slow to sail my boat.

It would be good if they get a masters in CS or something.

The RA accreditation would be good, you could do some of their CS courses and transfer to the Big 3.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(03-12-2020, 03:29 PM)gams007 Wrote: I thinks it sound good to have that accreditation I check the cost and it seems good you can transfer 90 credits to the school as maximum and paying around $1500,- you can have a bachelor degree.

Big Grin

A bit more expensive, the $1530 is just for the cost of transferring in 90 credits (they charge $17 per credit you transfer), then $100 for each of the remaining 10 courses. $2530 total ain't bad though.

If you're doing all classes with them, they estimate $4,060 in fees. They don't charge tuition, but they do charge you an "assessment fee" for each class. Again, not bad at all for am RA degree (both of these figures are for a bachelors), once they and if they get their RA status.

A little silly of a name, but at least it's not Smartly Academy like one renamed school Big Grin

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I just edited their Wikipedia page to reflect their regional accreditation eligibility.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Life_One
(03-12-2020, 04:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wonder if they are going to keep their DEAC accreditation.  I hope they do keep both
There's really no benefit to them doing so. Occasionally schools will have both while they transition from NA to RA, but when NA expires they don't go for renewal, they just keep up on RA. WGU, APUS, CalSouthern all let their NA expire in this fashion, and I don't know why they wouldn't.

Actually CalSouthern and WGU didn't even wait for their DEAC accreditation to lapse, they voluntarily withdrew, haha. They wanted to drop that NA scarlet letter Tongue

https://www.deac.org/Public-Notices/Volu...ation.aspx

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(03-12-2020, 04:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wonder if they are going to keep their DEAC accreditation.  I hope they do keep both...

Why in the world would you keep a lesser accreditation?  What would the benefit of that be?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Nixi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua removes accreditation elcastor21 5 476 08-26-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Accreditation problems for Ocean County College indigoshuffle 4 668 07-23-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Columbia Southern Candidate For Regional Accrediation harrypotter 14 2,705 12-21-2022, 10:27 AM
Last Post: doom
  Online Learning and Accreditation Alpha 0 466 10-01-2022, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  No longer a distinction between national and regional accreditors inf 9 1,240 09-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  5 Surprises about accreditation Alpha 0 525 02-19-2022, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  CPA requirements for uopeople degree Ebukaz 14 2,635 12-24-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Ebukaz
  International Accreditation Alpha 1 697 09-03-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Johann
  UoPeople received Candidacy status from WASC bjcheung77 7 2,640 07-24-2021, 12:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  School's revocation of accreditation carebear_007 13 1,650 05-08-2021, 11:32 AM
Last Post: ss20ts