Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Psychology
Hello,
So my wife just received an evaluation from TESU for a BA in Psychology. Attached is a snip of her eval and I would like to get some input in the AOS section or maybe everything. To my understanding, TESU requires 18 UL credits in the AOS (15 + 3 from the capstone). In her eval, 2 of her foreign education classes came in as UL in the AOS (please take a look and let me know if I'm reading this correct).
In regards to the AOS UL, it appears she needs just 9 more UL credits, please view and advise. If I'm correct on the 9 pending UL, can she complete them at SDC (kindly help us out with SDC's course #'s)

If a great samaritan would like to take a look at her eval and provide a test out path (preferably SDC and SL), we will be forever grateful.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU BA PSYCHOLOGY.pdf (Size: 1.64 MB / Downloads: 68)
You are correct, 2 of the courses came in as UL.

SL doesn't have any UL courses in Psych, so you should do Study.com, and I'd probably do their Stats course as well, I thought it was much better than SL's.

PSY 105: Research Methods in Psychology
PSY 104: Social Psychology
PSY 312: History & Systems of Psychology (UL)
PSY 311: Physiological Psychology (should be UL, but not sure if TESU accepts is as such - it was upgraded last year)
STAT 101: Principles of Statistics
SOCSCI 108: Ethics in the Social Sciences

Take course but don't do the final or assignments
PSY 106: Abnormal Psychology
PSY 306: Advanced Abnormal Psychology
PSY 316: Advanced Social Psychology

Take Abnormal Psych TECEP (UL)

Transfer everything to TESU, make sure everything that's supposed to be UL is.
Then, if you have 1 UL left, take Social Psychology UExcel exam (UL)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hey OP, did your wife already subscribe to StraighterLine and paid for those SL courses?  Such as Business Stats/Intro to Communications, Intro to Sociology and Business Ethics?  If not, I recommend the following instead:

General Ed/Free Electives:
Business Stats - CSM Learn
Intro to Comm - Study.com Presentation Skills
Intro to Sociology - Study.com
Business Ethics - the FREE Ethics course!
Take the TEEX Cybersecurity courses for FREE electives
Also take some overlapping Study.com History courses (HIS 108/308)

If you still need more free electives, they can be any CLEP/Study.com, etc, but I would recommend something similar to Study.com - use Onlinedegree.com courses that your have has never taken yet.  You can check their transfer guide here: https://www.onlinedegree.com/wp-content/...apping.pdf

Essentially the same as what dfrecore mentioned - take all the remaining Study.com Psychology courses that you need, they actually have a transfer guide on this page for TESU.  They recently updated their transfer details, select the corresponding ones as per the list here: https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
She has not subscribed to SL yet. Reason I brought SL up is due to my familiarity with said courses. I took Bus Stat, Comm 101, Ethics and Sociology and I found them very easy. She started taking TEEX courses last week and I think by the end of the month she will have all the cyber classes done. Do all of the cyber transfer as electives ( i think there are 10 credits)

In regards to AOS UL, I noticed the following on TESU's website under the PSY electives:
PSY 360: Organizational Theory ------- SDC offers the same but its under Business 323 Organizational Theory. PSY ELECTIVE------------UL. On her eval, the AOS electives are fulfilled, 3 credits UL and 3 LL. If takes the elective PSY 360, can she request to have the current LL elective removed and replaced with PSY 360. This will give her 6 UL credits, under AOS electives + 3 for developmental psychology will equate to 9 UL credits.

And with PSY 312: History & Systems of Psychology she will have 12 UL.

Below are the other UL PSY electives at SDC, if she takes one of these 2, will she satisfy the 15 UL CR requirement?

SDC Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology----------TESU PSY-401 Industrial/Organizational Psychology
SDC Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality-------------------------TESU PSY-352 Psychology of Personality
(03-14-2020, 03:53 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: She has not subscribed to SL yet. Reason I brought SL up is due to my familiarity with said courses. I took Bus Stat, Comm 101, Ethics and Sociology and I found them very easy. She started taking TEEX courses last week and I think by the end of the month she will have all the cyber classes done. Do all of the cyber transfer as electives ( i think there are 10 credits)

In regards to AOS UL, I noticed the following on TESU's website under the PSY electives:
PSY 360:  Organizational Theory ------- SDC offers the same but its under Business 323 Organizational Theory. PSY ELECTIVE------------UL.  On her eval, the AOS electives are fulfilled, 3 credits UL and 3 LL. If takes the elective PSY 360, can she request to have the current LL elective removed and replaced with PSY 360. This will give her 6 UL credits, under AOS electives + 3 for developmental psychology will equate to 9 UL credits.

And with PSY 312: History & Systems of Psychology  she will have 12 UL.

Below are the other UL PSY electives at SDC, if she takes one of these 2, will she satisfy the 15 UL CR requirement?

SDC  Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology----------TESU PSY-401 Industrial/Organizational Psychology
SDC Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality-------------------------TESU PSY-352 Psychology of Personality

Unfortunately, with TESU's Psych degree, there are only 2 electives in the AOS, and you have those filled already.  YOu have to get the rest of the UL credits within the required courses area.  NOW, you can take 1 more elective Psych course that's UL, and then you won't have to take the TECEP.  You can just ask them to move the LL Psych course (Family Pedagogy) to the Free Electives area.  But that still leaves the UL Social Psych course which is a requirement, you can't just replace it with a different course.  So, you will need to take that UExcel.  Here's an updated plan:

PSY 105: Research Methods in Psychology
PSY 312: History & Systems of Psychology (UL)
PSY 311: Physiological Psychology
STAT 101: Principles of Statistics
SOCSCI 108: Ethics in the Social Sciences

Take course but don't do the final or assignments:

Take UExcel exam:
Social Psychology UExcel exam (UL)

Swap out whatever you want, like Stats through CSM if you want.  But the Psych courses should all be done through Study.com, to take advantage of course overlap if possible.  You can also add the Psych courses that have Placement tests, do the tests (multiple times if they will let you), and then not finish those courses but move onto the courses you need.  It will get you through the courses more quickly.

Psych courses with Placement tests:
PSY 101: Intro to Psychology
PSY 102: Educational Psychology
PSY 103: Human Growth & Development
PSY 107: Lifespan Developmental Psychology
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks alot for this great information. For UExel exams, does she have to register with Excelsior College or how does that work?
Here you go, the link has everything you need:  "Learn how credit exam works" and "Choose your exam"
Most exams are $110.  You might also consider their "value pack option"  Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/
For an $35, you get one practice exam and the extra retake if the first exam was unsuccessful.

If it's an easy first/second year exam, I would save the $35 and just pay $110 for the exam fee.
But because this Uexcel you're looking at is a third year exam (UL), the extra retake might be worth it.
Depends on the exam and test taker though, IMHO, it's not that much of an extra investment...

Note: These exams are at a Pearson VUE testing location, you need to pay for the testing fee if there is any.
Here's a link for the Value exam options: https://www.excelsior.edu/wp-content/upl...s_List.pdf
Pricing again, regular exam = $110, value package exam (1 practice/1 final/1 retake) = $110+$35 ($145)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just an FYI, the last I heard, UExcel testing fees at PearsonVUE were $50 for a 2-hr exam, which this exam is.
Excuse my ignorance but what's the point of taking these courses without taking the final exam/assignments?

(03-31-2020, 02:14 AM)romoh Wrote: Excuse my ignorance but what's the point of taking these courses without taking the final exam/assignments?

You take those courses to study for the recommended TECEP and UExcel exams. The study.com courses don't transfer in as UL, you need the UL credits. I passed the TECEP in Abnormal Psychology in February. 

I'm taking Psychology courses and exams through Coopersmith right now, I had bought all the textbooks back in January
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 719 2 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch