Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com has Historical Methods!
Study.com has a historiography and historical methods course. I do not see it on the TESU transfer page. But it is on the page of courses available for ACE credit and according to ACE it is 3 UL. You have to contact to TESU to see how they take it. But I'm guessing it would meet the requirements for the BA History.

https://study.com/academy/course/history...thods.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
good news if it transfers. comes a couple of years too late for my degree but still good to see progress
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Oh yes! This is great news for TESU BA History seekers! I assume this would allow the entire AOS UL for the History courses to be had at Study.com as the main resource of the UL credits, or the majority at least. It won't really matter as who provides the courses, I would like to see other degree options entirely test-out-able for future students and Study.com is leading that path! Good for them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Clepper43
TESU is bringing it in as HIS-379 (so UL, Yay!)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43, Muldoon, mysonx3
Oh, this is tempting! I'd be only 6 courses away from adding this as a double major! Thanks for sharing!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
What would the other AOS UL History classes be then? Do you need 6 of them?

I only see 3 UL classes at SDC - History 301, 306, 311? The others say lower, even if the numbers are UL. 

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

Just trying to follow along...probably confused! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(03-24-2020, 01:14 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: What would the other AOS UL History classes be then? Do you need 6 of them?

I only see 3 UL classes at SDC - History 301, 306, 311? The others say lower, even if the numbers are UL. 

This may help:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/My...in_History

Since SDC doesn't have everything you need, the other UL can be Coopersmith and DSST.

HTH!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • Clepper43
I am so, so tempted to try this as a second degree. Maybe next year...
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
I'm pleased to see TESU taking a new SDC course, and taking it as UL.

Given their recent trend with SDC/SL, this is encouraging.
If you wanted to do as much of the Area of Study from SDC as possible, you'd be able to do all but 1 course (Non-Western History) plus the Capstone. You'd take the following:

History 100 OR History 101
History 102
History 103
History 104
History 301
History 306
History 308
History 311
Any remaining history course from SDC (except the one you didn't take out of 100/101)

Then all you'd need is the Capstone and something for Non-Western History (I recommend the Soviet Union DSST, if DSST is an option for you).

(03-24-2020, 01:35 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 01:14 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: What would the other AOS UL History classes be then? Do you need 6 of them?

This may help:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/My...in_History

Since SDC doesn't have everything you need, the other UL can be Coopersmith and DSST.

HTH!

If I'm not mistaken, there's no reason to take Coopersmith instead of SDC for the History degree if you prefer SDC. Unless they've added something that I missed, they don't have anything that will fulfill a requirement you can't already fill at SDC. However, I personally really liked Coopersmith, so some people may want to replace a SDC course or two with a Coopersmith.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,271 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,582 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,047 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 726 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,893 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 579 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 308 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 715 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM