Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and with some doubts - I am from Spain - I am interested in history degree ...
good morning, good afternoon, good night  Big Grin

I'm interested in applying for a history degree/bachelor's degree. I am also open to similar options other than a history degree.

The problem is that being from Spain I don't know how the American system works.

PS: In Spain I don't have a university degree.
Viva Spain!

Some schools may want you to pass an English test such as TOEFL but other than that the process is mostly the same as if you were a U.S. citizen.

Sophia is free now till July 31st so you can earn up to 75 credits so I would start NOW and see if you like them.
With cheap ACE credit options, you should be able to earn all your credits for under $1000.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • okamaru
The American system is quite different than (most) European degrees. You will need to complete quite a few courses that are completely unrelated to your field of study (see Sophia.org) before you can begin work related to the degree. As I understand it, (most) European degrees focus on the area of study because you should've learned how to write and whatnot in high school or your local equivalent.

TESU is pretty easy to apply to. They may (or may not) want to see your school-leaving certificate and they will almost certainly want either a TOEFL or I forget what the other one is. Sophia.org has no such requirements and is free, so you might as well sign up and get started there while you evaluate your options.

A note with Sophia: you do not have to FINISH a class by July 31st nor do you even have to start it by then. As long as you are signed up (and the start date could be months from now) by July 31st then the class will be completely free.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • okamaru
You said you don't have a degree. Do you have any prior University credits?

The American education system your major of History is only like 25% of your whole degree. The rest is filled with general studies (math, science, English, etc.) and electives (whatever you want). I know most European countries your major is most of your degree.

In America, a Bachelors's degree typically takes 4 years to earn if you go full time. However with this site people take alternative credits to cut that time down to 1 -2 years. The courses we take a not from actual colleges, but actual colleges give us credit for them towards a degree when we transfer them. The classes we take are self-paced and so they can be done quicker than college courses. Then we take the final classes at the university to get a degree.
(05-19-2020, 01:01 PM)natshar Wrote: You said you don't have a degree. Do you have any prior University credits?

The American education system your major of History is only like 25% of your whole degree. The rest is filled with general studies (math, science, English, etc.) and electives (whatever you want). I know most European countries your major is most of your degree.

In America, a Bachelors's degree typically takes 4 years to earn if you go full time. However with this site people take alternative credits to cut that time down to 1 -2 years. The courses we take a not from actual colleges, but actual colleges give us credit for them towards a degree when we transfer them. The classes we take are self-paced and so they can be done quicker than college courses. Then we take the final classes at the university to get a degree.

I don't have any previous college credits. Let's just say I'm a "virgin."

In Spain, I did some non-university studies in my time called "Grado superior en Administración de sistemas informáticos" (FP) which is 2 years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 373 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 769 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia