Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters MBA
Good afternoon,
Does anyone know of a school that accepts pass/fail courses from WGU?
I'm looking to finish my MBA elsewhere. I'm not really a fan of the curriculum with WGU.

Thanks
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
I was loking at this school, what were the problems with WGU?
Move to graduate school forum?
BABA, New England College, 2019
in general, schools don't accept more than a couple courses/6 cr of transfer for grad programs. there are exceptions of course (TESU accepts half their overall cr hours towards the program I believe -- But the remaining courses you'd need to do at TESU would make it way too expensive)... but that's the general trend.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Just following up on what JSD said.

Many colleges don't accept any transfer credits at the graduate level. Those that do will usually only accept a small number towards their own graduate programs. For example, I know that the University of the Cumberlands accepts some WGU graduate MBA and MSML credits towards their graduate degrees. I imagine that there are others that may as well. If the school accepts graduate credits for transfer, from what I have learned it has less to do with where the credits came from (assuming the source school has RA accreditation) and more about whether the course material covers the same material. If so, they may accept those credits for transfer, or waive certain course requirements.

That said, what is it about the WGU curriculum that you're not happy with? I completed my MBA there and I thought it was well put together aside from a few minor issues related to dealing with group projects and research studies. In my case, those issues were remedied by WGU while I was there. If there is a specific issue, the school does listen to student feedback and they may be able to help.

I'm also willing to share my experiences and approach as well if that could help.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I was able to transfer two courses I took at WGU (MS-ITM) into the MBA-Project Management at Amberton (https://www.amberton.edu).  I did have to send them the course descriptions because at first they looked at them as IT courses vs Business courses (but they were business courses just from an IT point of view). If I had more courses that fit the program they would have allowed more. Amberton allows up to 12 credits to be transferred into their master programs; they are also very affordable and an RA school.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

jsd is pretty well correct in that most graduate schools typically only allow 6 credit hours to be transferred into the program. Some programs are more stringent in that they do not even accept transfer credits.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
If you want another competency-based school Walden, Capella, and Purdue Global accept more than 6 credits towards an MBA and you can earn your degree just as fast and cheap as WGU probably.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 278 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 496 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 269 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,976 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,630 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 524 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,135 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat
  Online Psych Masters from VIU, WES Canada eligible? Earind_00 6 1,276 01-31-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: muca3