Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pell grant
One issue you may run into with this plan is the academic year isn't set by the college you attend. The federal government sets the academic year. July isn't going to be in the same academic year as September courses.
(06-02-2020, 04:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote: One issue you may run into with this plan is the academic year isn't set by the college you attend. The federal government sets the academic year. July isn't going to be in the same academic year as September courses.
Yep. And you have to fill out a fafsa every year so you might not get pell grant the next year get less.
(06-02-2020, 04:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote: One issue you may run into with this plan is the academic year isn't set by the college you attend. The federal government sets the academic year. July isn't going to be in the same academic year as September courses.

Well they wont chnage whats already been award and set and as long as I finish the plan made than there won't be any problem government changes or not. I already been award the money and can use it in July October and January there not much of issue here.
(06-02-2020, 05:36 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:

Well they wont chnage whats already been award and set and as long as I finish the plan made than there won't be any problem government changes or not. I already been award the money and can use it in July October and January there not much of issue here.

There are definitely dates to use grant money by. If they're not used by the specific date the federal government has issued, then you lose the money. The academic year that the feds set is what Pell goes by. Read up on the feds website. This will override anything someone at a college tells you. The financial award is for a specific time period and it will say so on your paperwork/electronic document. And you definitely need a new FAFSA every year. We're coming up to the end of the 2019-2020 academic year. Hope you filled out your 2020-2021 FAFSA.
(06-02-2020, 09:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 05:36 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:

There are definitely dates to use grant money by. If they're not used by the specific date the federal government has issued, then you lose the money. The academic year that the feds set is what Pell goes by. Read up on the feds website. This will override anything someone at a college tells you. The financial award is for a specific time period and it will say so on your paperwork/electronic document. And you definitely need a new FAFSA every year. We're coming up to the end of the 2019-2020 academic year. Hope you filled out your 2020-2021 FAFSA.
Thats what I am saying. The fafsa I been award is for 2020-2021 and I do plan on using for the dates I been given honestly i do not know what you re trying to prove here. I have award dates for July and October 2020 and JANUARY 2021 that I will use on time for my schedule that has been set by the school and the federal government that is not changing.
I'm not trying to prove anything. You never said you had award letters for specific dates. July and October would be 2 different academic years for FAFSA. I have financial aid staff tell me things that weren't true. I only found out after the fact once I went to register for my courses and I had to come up the payment. Not fun!
IF you get the highest Pell Grant.
I have 2 classes (6 credits)
Non-Resident
HOw much would I still need to pay?
Looking at the 3 months to get it done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pell grant and the 16 credits maxxor6868 15 2,657 07-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Pell Grant and Residency Wavier natshar 11 2,605 10-14-2018, 02:48 PM