Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find out how RA credit transfers to TESU
Just go to: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit

If you have RA credit you can just type in the name of the school and it will tell you how the classes come in. Super easy for degree planning. Doesn't work with all classes at all schools, but there is a lot.

I've known about this for a while, but I just realized this could be helpful to some of you, so thought I'd share it.
[-] The following 6 users Like natshar's post:
  • ab10365, Arto, Pikachu, rachel83az, schlocker, TINASAM
I just went to look at ASU, because a lot of us are going to have those. It pulls up the institution okay but then you have to search by course number instead of by name, for those who might be confused. For instance, to find where the calculus courses come in, you'd search for "mat" and not "calculus".
Also not all courses from a particular school will be on there. Just because a course isnt there it will likely still transfer. Tesu is very generous when it comes to ra credits.
Sometimes for a more obscure class they might need a syllabus or course description but they take pretty much all RA college level credit.
I think this may be a subset of courses that people have transferred to TESU and that have been evaluated. The CIT and BUS courses for my community college are limited and look like I have taken them all.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
(07-04-2020, 12:59 AM)natshar Wrote: Just go to: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit

If you have RA credit you can just type in the name of the school and it will tell you how the classes come in. Super easy for degree planning. Doesn't work with all classes at all schools, but there is a lot.

I've known about this for a while, but I just realized this could be helpful to some of you, so thought I'd share it.

I wish I had known about this tool a while ago! I didn't stumble upon it until earlier this month. It's not featured especially prominently on the website. The database seems to be quite comprehensive. In my exploration most courses from most schools seem to be on there. The search is pretty useless. Echoing other replies, the only way to actually find courses is by searching the three letter category. 

It seems that TESU quite often puts courses into a higher or lower level than the original institution. For example, the ASU econ classes are 200 level, but TESU maps them to 100 level.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Pikachu
(07-14-2020, 03:34 PM)jch Wrote: I wish I had known about this tool a while ago! I didn't stumble upon it until earlier this month. It's not featured especially prominently on the website.

That is probably because they really want people to take courses at TESU rather than transferring them in, but as a degree completion school, they really should be focused more on how to attract people with existing credits to transfer as well.

(07-14-2020, 03:34 PM)jch Wrote: The database seems to be quite comprehensive. In my exploration most courses from most schools seem to be on there. The search is pretty useless. Echoing other replies, the only way to actually find courses is by searching the three letter category.

I'm pretty sure the database is either the same or derived from a subset of the database used by the evaluation team when mapping transfer courses. So this probably represents years of evaluation data.

(07-14-2020, 03:34 PM)jch Wrote: It seems that TESU quite often puts courses into a higher or lower level than the original institution. For example, the ASU econ classes are 200 level, but TESU maps them to 100 level.

That isn't uncommon since TESU has its own course codes and they are not uniform between colleges. There are really only two buckets at the undergrad level anyway: lower-division and upper-division. So as long as the courses are mapped to the same level at both colleges, then the specific course numbers don't matter. The problem occurs when courses are mapped from upper-division to lower (or rarely the other way). This becomes more challenging when dealing with college systems that use their own course conventions.

For example, most traditional colleges roughly map each year of college to a range of course numbers. So 100-199 for the first two years or lower-division undergrad, 200-499 for the last two years or upper-division undergrad (with 200-399 being normal upper-division and 400-499 being higher-level upper-division courses that are shared with grad students), and 500+ being graduate-level courses. However, Harvard and the UC system use 200-299 to designate graduate-level courses, 100-199 for upper-division undergrad, and anything under 100 for lower-division undergrad. Unless the destination school knows this, they may end up mapping things all wrong.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 3 users Like Merlin's post:
  • Arto, jch, Pikachu
(08-11-2020, 02:04 AM)mohammad umeri ikram Wrote: It seems that TESU quite often puts courses into a higher or lower level than the original institution. For example, the ASU econ classes are 200 level, but TESU maps them to 100 level.Also not all courses from a particular school will be on there. Just because a course isnt there it will likely still transfer. Tesu is very generous when it comes to ra credits.

100-level vs. 200-level is rarely an issue; it's LL vs. UL that's more important.

But yes, if TESU offers a course as 100-level, and it's the exact same course coming in from elsewhere, they will give it a 100-level course equivalency.  But, they will also do the reverse - if your school offers something as 100-level and TESU offers the same course as 200-level, they will give it a 200-level course equivalency (my CC had Public Speaking and Comparative Politics as 100-level, TESU brings them in as 200-level).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Arto, Pikachu
(08-13-2020, 01:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 02:04 AM)mohammad umeri ikram Wrote: It seems that TESU quite often puts courses into a higher or lower level than the original institution. For example, the ASU econ classes are 200 level, but TESU maps them to 100 level.Also not all courses from a particular school will be on there. Just because a course isnt there it will likely still transfer. Tesu is very generous when it comes to ra credits.

100-level vs. 200-level is rarely an issue; it's LL vs. UL that's more important.

But yes, if TESU offers a course as 100-level, and it's the exact same course coming in from elsewhere, they will give it a 100-level course equivalency.  But, they will also do the reverse - if your school offers something as 100-level and TESU offers the same course as 200-level, they will give it a 200-level course equivalency (my CC had Public Speaking and Comparative Politics as 100-level, TESU brings them in as 200-level).

This actually happened to me.  One of my 200 level courses came in as 100 level at TESU.  It's weird though cause it's Computer Architecture which is UL at TESU but it came it as LL for some reason.
Yup, it's basically lower level vs upper level. Community college courses for the most part mainly come in as lower level, even if the name matches an upper level course at TESU. There are others that will come in as lower level from ACE recommended for credit sources, it all depends on how TESU reviews these recommendations. The Big 3 generally follow through with the recommendations but, there are some cases they would just put them in LL even when it's reviewed as UL.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My question is I found a course introduction to programming at MNJC and it has 4 credit value does this value count the same a TESU if a i transfer it??

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Where to Find Calculus 3 sarahmac 26 1,615 02-29-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP