Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC "approved provider list" is a short one
Updated list is here, not looking good for Davar or other NCCRS providers: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

Typically, students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits for a Bachelors degree and 45 degree-applicable credits for an Associate degree, from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place.

Note: Charter Oak currently has agreements with the following organizations:

StaighterLine
Study.com
Saylor
Sophia
CSM learn

Hopefully they will add some additional ones in the near future.  I'd think Davar would be on here, as well as Genesis University (NA but has NCCRS courses and COSC was previously listed as a partner).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-04-2020, 03:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ... 45 degree-applicable credits for an Associate degree, from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place.

bummer. It is now similar to BOG AAS.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(07-04-2020, 03:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Updated list is here, not looking good for Davar or other NCCRS providers: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

Typically, students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits for a Bachelors degree and 45 degree-applicable credits for an Associate degree, from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place.

StaighterLine
Study.com
Saylor
Sophia
CSM learn

Hopefully they will add some additional ones in the near future.  I'd think Davar would be on here, as well as Genesis University (NA but has NCCRS courses and COSC was previously listed as a partner).
And I wonder if they will demote many Study courses to lower level...?
(07-05-2020, 12:09 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 03:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Updated list is here, not looking good for Davar or other NCCRS providers: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

StaighterLine
Study.com
Saylor
Sophia
CSM learn

And I wonder if they will demote many Study courses to lower level...?

There is a course equivalency list out there, so at least you'll know in advance.  And yes, lots of UL Study.com courses are considered LL by COSC.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
All of their "approved partner list" is lower level credit only - EXCEPT for the Study classes: 16 business courses, 4 marketing, 5 psychology, 3 history, 3 computer, 1 sociology, 1 healthcare, 1 hospitality, 1 finance on SDC. 

I guess you put all your eggs into the Study.com basket unless you go with other more expensive sources of UL credit like the BYU study etc.

And I guess at least we can be thankful for SDC as a partner - but keep your eye on those UL/LL designations.

Dodgy
Some years back I used to haunt this web site. My recollection is that some of the Big-3 accepted lower-level RA courses as upper level courses, but I'm not seeing any chatter about it.

Does anyone know about this? For instance, I'm taking a lower-level course through Purdue Global that is listed as an upper level course at COSC. Is there any way to figure out how it is likely to transfer BEFORE I apply to COSC? (There are also a couple of community college courses - obviously lower level - such as Small Business Mgmt. - that looks like it would come in as an upper level course.)

Thanks.
Unfortunately, Charter Oak doesn't provide information to either Transferology or CollegeTransfer.net so you're probably out of luck unless you can get a straight answer from an advisor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LongRoad
(07-13-2020, 11:41 AM)LongRoad Wrote: Some years back I used to haunt this web site. My recollection is that some of the Big-3 accepted lower-level RA courses as upper level courses, but I'm not seeing any chatter about it.

Does anyone know about this? For instance, I'm taking a lower-level course through Purdue Global that is listed as an upper level course at COSC. Is there any way to figure out how it is likely to transfer BEFORE I apply to COSC? (There are also a couple of community college courses - obviously lower level - such as Small Business Mgmt. - that looks like it would come in as an upper level course.)

Thanks.

Yes, that used to be the case. Some of them would also take lower-level ACE credit to meet upper-level degree requirements. It used to be that they would match a transcripted course to the nearest course they had in their course catalog. So if they didn't have a lower division version of a course, they'd map your incoming course to their upper-division version. However, that doesn't happen much anymore. They all tend to follow the ACE recommendations for credit. There may be a few exceptions with accepting RA credits, but it depends more on how closely the course curriculum matches.

Schools are not afraid to map courses to X99 courses if there are no close matches. They may even drop an incoming upper-division course to a lower-division based on the makeup of the course (though TESU says they won't do this for RA courses).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,680 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,284 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,643 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,163 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,620 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso