Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Questions
Few questions about TESU...

I have 2 associates degrees. They are from 2001 and 2002. Will any of those courses still be eligible for transfer? One degree is in business and one is in liberal arts. Is there a time limit on transferability? I can't find anything on the website.

Is there a minimum number of UL credits required?

I'm looking at the BSBA in Marketing. 

At WGU, you can apply and defer enrollment. Is there an option to do this at TESU? Or is it you apply and you start right away without being able to take additional courses from Sutdy.com, Sophia, or StraighterLine?

My goal is to finish by BS as fast as possible. Isn't that everyone's goal? 

Thank You!
TESU takes old courses (mine were almost 30 years old); the only caveat is that you're limited to 9cr of older credits in the AOS.

WGU is time-based, which is the reason you would need to defer enrollment. TESU does not have anything like that - you can continue to take and bring in credit from outside sources for as long as you'd like. I did up until the cutoff date for graduation, even after I finished my capstone.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-06-2020, 06:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU takes old courses (mine were almost 30 years old); the only caveat is that you're limited to 9cr of older credits in the AOS.

WGU is time-based, which is the reason you would need to defer enrollment.  TESU does not have anything like that - you can continue to take and bring in credit from outside sources for as long as you'd like.  I did up until the cutoff date for graduation, even after I finished my capstone.

Thank you so much for your help! So let me see if I have this straight. At TESU the gen eds that are from the the 1990's and 2000's will transfer in. The business courses won't except for 9 credits. My degree would be the BSBA in Marketing. I can apply and continue to take credit elsewhere and continue to submit transcripts. I would like to only take the Information Literacy and Capstone course at TESU. I know I can get everything else taken care of through Sophia, Study.com, Saylor, and StraighterLine. Is there a minimum number of upper level credits required at TESU?
Looking at this plan https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/marketing

Old credits transfer in under:
I. General Education Requirements
II. Professional Business Requirements

9 Credit limit on old transfers for:
III. Area of Study: Marketing (AOS)

12UL credits you need for AOS for the BSBA degree.

Always check with the school before taking these since what comes in as UL can change.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-07-2020, 10:05 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Looking at this plan https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/marketing

Old credits transfer in under:
I. General Education Requirements
II. Professional Business Requirements

9 Credit limit on old transfers for:
III. Area of Study: Marketing  (AOS)

12UL credits you need for AOS for the BSBA degree.  

Always check with the school before taking these since what comes in as UL can change.

So the 9 cr limit on old courses is in specific concentration not the business courses required. That's awesome news! Thank you! I will be drastically closer to completion knowing this info. Wow.
(07-06-2020, 09:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 06:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU takes old courses (mine were almost 30 years old); the only caveat is that you're limited to 9cr of older credits in the AOS.

WGU is time-based, which is the reason you would need to defer enrollment.  TESU does not have anything like that - you can continue to take and bring in credit from outside sources for as long as you'd like.  I did up until the cutoff date for graduation, even after I finished my capstone.

Thank you so much for your help! So let me see if I have this straight. At TESU the gen eds that are from the the 1990's and 2000's will transfer in. The business courses won't except for 9 credits. My degree would be the BSBA in Marketing. I can apply and continue to take credit elsewhere and continue to submit transcripts. I would like to only take the Information Literacy and Capstone course at TESU. I know I can get everything else taken care of through Sophia, Study.com, Saylor, and StraighterLine. Is there a minimum number of upper level credits required at TESU?

If you list all of your courses that you've taken, I can help you with a degree plan.  Include course number, course name, number of credits, grade if less than a C.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 766 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,163 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch